Chapter 10 “A Meeting”
2.4k 5 68
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The wound that was on his forehead was completely gone without a trace as if nothing really happened to him. He didn't feel dazed anymore, and no more blood was gushing through his head. It left William confused.

Was he hallucinating?

Something must have happened because this is not normal, even though it's good that his head wasn't injured anymore. One thing is for sure that he didn't bang his head hard enough, making him knocked out, and he was in a dream all along.

But then, William had a thought. Something that he thought to be impossible for it to happen.

He grabbed his toothbrush from the sink and then scraped the ends of the toothbrush on the wall to sharpen it, creating a shiv from the toothbrush. It took him a while to sharpen the edges of the shiv, and then he took a deep breath.

There was a slight doubt inside of him, but he needed to know if his assumptions and theory were correct regarding what happened to his wound on the forehead before. He braced himself up and cut his hand with it.

He groaned in pain, knowing very well that blood was flowing through his hand because he had just cut it with a shiv that he had made. It might have felt that he had just done something stupid to his own hand, but a few seconds later, something happened to his hand that was visible to the naked eye.

The wound on William's hand had just repaired by itself. The skin cells were growing at a fast rate. Stopped the blood that was flowing through his hand, and then the wound was gone in just about a minute.

Knowing that his assumptions were correct, William laughed. It appears that he had obtained SCP-415's anomalous trait, which is regeneration. That explains why the wound on his forehead and hand was completely gone because it was healed at a fast rate.

William couldn't hold his excitement, knowing that he had this kind of ability right now, an ability to regenerate, which would be useful and increase his rate of survival for the next coming days.

He couldn't be cocky just because he had this ability. But surely, this will be beneficial for him, including the knowledge that he had in his head regarding how things in the SCP Universe work.

He lay on the bed and felt a little relief. That his chance of survival as a D-Class has increased for the next few days, he was curious if he could also obtain more abilities too from another SCP.

—--

10:15 PM, Site-199 Conference Room.

A few people were sitting on their chairs, circling around a meeting table in the meeting room. They were waiting for someone, described by the projector in that room was still blank.

A researcher came into the conference room with his laptop. Their eyes focused on that researcher that just put down his laptop on the desk. He seemingly tried to connect his laptop to the projector and get ready for a presentation.

One of the researchers that were present said, "There should be a better reason for this, calling us late at night for a meeting."

"Indeed I do, Dr. Smith. I have something that's pretty much going to be our tonight's discussion regarding what happened on SCP-173's containment cell." Answered Dr. Wells as his eyes focused on the laptop preparing the presentation.

"Is it about that failed procedure that the D-Class personnel did not carry out correctly where they were told to clean up the place?"

Dr. Wells finishes typing, and he looks at Dr. Smith, "That was just a part of it. Something that's more questionable happened back then."

He then grabs a projector remote and clicks it in his hand, "This afternoon, SCP-173's temporary containment cell needed to be cleaned. We appointed three D-Class personnel to take care of the job according to the procedures and just to be safe."

On the projector, they were shown three D-Class personnel that were tasked to do the job, "That three personnel were D-1092, D-1020, and D-1140. Now, failed procedures often happen because of the carelessness that was made by one of them, which caused two of them, D-1020 and D-1140 killed by SCP-173. We received the distress call made by D-1140 and were alerted that something had gone wrong, but when we arrived, there was only D-1092 left in the room."

"What about D-1092?" asked Dr. Smith

"D-1092 was the only survivor of that incident, which doesn't seem to raise many questions because we may have arrived before it's too late. But take a look at this."

Dr. Wells pressed the remote and moved away. The projector shows a video recording from the SCP-173's containment cell, which only shows the part where only D-1092 and SCP-173 are left in the room. They watched it carefully for any weird behavior, but there was a moment when SCP-173 was only a meter away from D-1092, which put him in a bad situation.

But in the next second, SCP-173 walked away from D-1092, and the people who were present in the conference room were shocked.

"There was some absurdity regarding what happened at that moment. SCP-173 didn't attack him like it would attack the others. This was no mere coincidence, and it happens multiple times."

Dr. Wells shows multiple pictures of SCP-173 and D-1092's behavior, "There is still no explanation as to why this event happened or what could make SCP-173's behavior change drastically. Which is why I'm holding a meeting right now to talk about it."

He then shows a record of D-1092, "I've done a background research myself. There was never any record of D-1092's information. According to a missing people database, no birth certificate, no fingerprints matched, and no matching characteristics or appearance that met his identity. Of course, all Chaos Insurgency members could easily erase any information about themselves for confidentiality, but there was never any information about him except the name "William" that he gave to us. If that is his real name."

The researchers who were present were as confused as Dr. Wells, who saw the recording in the first place. Something that's considered unnatural according to its normal behavior just happened, and it involves D-1092 to be part of it.

Dr. Wells then continued, "On top of that, we tried to scan with our Olf trace detector and found that the Olf residue fluctuates that are far from the value of 0, which suggests that this D-1092 is not from our reality."

There was an old man in a black suit on the far-most side of the table. He straightened his posture and said, "It is our mission to always contain something that couldn't be understood nor explained with our current logic. With that, we should do what we have always done."

==========

You can read up to 18 Chapters before its release on patreon.com/Enachia !

68