Chapter 38 “Two Separate Powers”
1.3k 3 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Alpha One, can you hear me? Wake up, Alpha One." 

He briefly heard a voice, though it was pretty quiet. His head was still spinning from the hit Keith had given him, and his eyes were still cloudy.

As soon as his vision returned to normal, he leaned against the wall and looked around to assess what was happening. A few Foundation security guards were watching the area and cleaning it up. They appeared to have control of the situation.

Keith was not around when the backup showed up a little while later. In addition, the boxes in the containment chamber for SCP-582 were also missing.

"It's me, Gary. You don't need to worry about anything. The Foundation has taken over the situation and is here to clean up the mess." said Gary as he crouched in front of William.

Even though he had been unable to prevent Keith from leaving the site, he suddenly sighed with relief that everything was now over. It seems that he was outmatched by him.

But then he recalled that, just before he passed out, Keith had dropped the document that was supposed to contain all the details about SCP-582 in front of him as he lay on the ground.

He instantly asked, "The file, the one that was next to me? Where is that file?"

"Don't worry about that. We have given the file to Dr. Erik, and it is now in safe hands. It would be best if you rested for a moment while I'll try to call him here," Gary said, assuring that everything was fine. 

With that, Gary walks out of the room. A number of guards were watching the situation, but none of them were known to William. Then he shuts his eyes and takes a brief rest.

Although he has a regenerative ability, he still feels a little bit of pain. All of his bones and bruises were healed, but there was still that feeling inside his body. Keith's blow was powerful. 

A researcher walked into the room, accompanied by two guards. It was a familiar face to William, and glad the one that was in charge of the situation was him. He walked up to in front of him.

"You did a great job, Alpha One." 

William looked up to him. He didn't know what to say and was lost for words. He didn't even feel like he deserved to be facing him right now. So he just stared blankly at a wall.

"The situation may not have been great, finding out that the Chaos Insurgency stole several SCPs, and there were only a few of them left on the site." said Dr. Erik to William.

Dr. Erik then looked at the vault where SCP-582's information was stored, "But thanks to your effort, at least we didn't lose SCP-582 to our enemy's hand, and that itself was already a great thing."

William closes his eyes once more, and the Foundation thinks that he has managed to stop Keith in order for him to secure the file. While in reality, it was the opposite of what happened.

"Site Director Stanford would like to thank you for your greatest effort. Until then, please rest assured. We'll send you to the medical ward if you need extensive care."

William then remembered something, and he asked, "What about the others? Their condition?"

"Captain Grace was still unconscious. There wasn't any fatal injury found in her. But she had already been transported to the ward for a checkup. As for Officer Owen," there was a slight pause in Dr. Erik, "He was killed in action. There was nothing we could do about him."

"I see." William replied bluntly.

Because of this incident, it caused his friend Owen to be killed and Grace to be put in danger. If Keith didn't hold back against him, things could go wrong very badly. 

To make things worse, he was spared by Keith. He didn't finish him off, and he gave William the files for SCP-582. It was humiliating that William was so weak that he couldn't stop him.

He didn't deserve anything from this incident because he wasn't able to stop Keith. This set his mind that one day, he'll repay the favor to Keith. To prove that he was not weak and was able to outwit him.

"Do you need anything, Alpha One?" Dr. Erik asked as he stood up to his knees.

William stretched his body and arms to check if there were still broken bones within him. Seemingly all healed from the injury, and he tried to walk it off. "No need. I can walk on by myself."

Seeing his limping posture, Dr. Erik called and ordered Gary, "Please, guide him to his containment cell and make sure he gets the rest he needs."

Gary then nodded and accompanied William to walk out of the room. He doesn't have much energy and has gone through a lot. Dr. Erik looked at him from behind and continued his work.

Somewhere in an abandoned warehouse.

Several people were waiting in the dark abandoned room, only moonlight that shone through the glass, lighting the middle of the room while they gathered as they were waiting for someone.

There were boxes lying around, the same boxes that had been seen in the SCP-582's containment room before. It seems like it was used for storing something in it.

A portal appeared, with a box coming out from inside the portal. One of the people within the warehouse grabbed it and started to stack it on top of the other boxes. Followed by someone coming out of the portal.

A tall, white-haired person with an orange jumpsuit can be seen walking out of the portal. He was seemingly unfazed by his surroundings, but the people that were there looked at him viciously.

"What is it? Aren't you guys happy that I'm back right now?" said the person as he opened his arms wide.

A girl was sitting on top of the boxes while chewing gum and looked at him, "You didn't change at all, after all those days locked up in that shitty room."

"What can I say? There isn't much I could do other than staying in that room for a long time. You'll be shocked if you see what they gave to you to eat there."

"Save it for later." A brute and a muscular-looking person were walking toward him, "Where's Clay and Mac, Keith? Didn't they supposed to be with you?"

Keith shrugged his hand, "Both of them were killed, got shot in the head. We didn't expect that someone would come at us sneakily and disturb our plan a bit."

"Someone?" The man asked.

"Nothing to worry about, just someone that I knew briefly and didn't expect to be there. A good kid, shame that he wasn't on our side even though I tried to convince him to join us." Keith continued as he took off his jumpsuit.

Keith then changed his clothes that were prepared for him, "He could've been a great member for the Insurgency. Someone that could regenerate himself would be handy in our operation." 

An old man walked out from the shadow, somewhere in his 50s, holding a cane in his hand, "Did you find anything important to our cause later?"

Keith was shocked by his appearance. He didn't expect that the old man was going to be present. He changed his posture and said, "No, sir. There wasn't anything that we could use as a weapon against the Foundation."

The brute man was a bit frustrated by his response, "So, we did all of these things not only to rescue you but to get a worthless item that we don't even know how to use?"

Keith looked at him, "Not quite, because we found something that would be useful for us."

He took out what looked to be a small vial from his pockets, "We could definitely use this to our advantage against the Foundation and disrupt their whole operation."

34