Chapter 45 “The Scravecrow”
994 2 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The screen displayed several pictures of a scarecrow with a pumpkin head having a big party; they were taken in various locations and seemed like they were having a great time.

Dr. Erik, Grace, or William were unaware of the SCP depicted in the image. It doesn't appear that a scarecrow hosting a music festival with a Halloween-themed party is much of a threat.

The Foundation was concerned that this SCP would reveal the existence of SCPs because it was surrounded by numerous individuals who were unaware that it was an anomalous entity.

Secretary Noah said, "You can read the document yourselves regarding the entity that you are going to capture and secure him before he would make more mess in the public."

—-

SCP-2331 is called Scravecrow and classified as a Euclid class object.

Currently SCP-2331 is being tracked by Mobile Task Force Kappa-Theta "Get Lucky" and Research Team Theta-Theta "Afterparty" for its occurrences in the public area. If they were to find a rave that has SCP-2331 in it, they are to enter the party and secure SCP-2331.

Amnestics are to be administered to the people who attended the party after it was secured.

SCP-2331 is a humanoid that resembles a scarecrow with a pumpkin head and glows neon blue inside when it is dark outside. SCP-2331 is mostly active during the month of October.

Any location where SCP-2331 manifests will experience SCP-2331-P phenomenon, informally referred to as a rave. SCP-2331-P is the spontaneous organization and generation of equipment typical of a medium-sized festival that includes lights set and electronic music.

He will assume the role as a DJ or disk jockey to the rave, with an addition controlling how the rave would go such as changing the humidity, producing colored smoke, changing the walls and producing candy or lightsticks.

SCP-2331 can cause SCP-2331-P to manifest anywhere there is enough room for a rave, however it prefers indoor settings. It is more likely to occur close to places such as schools, universities, and colleges, particularly in places with large population densities.

The average age range of the attendees at the party is 18 to 30 years old, while both younger and older audiences frequently show up. Depending on whether the Foundation or local law enforcement interrupts, each rave lasts between five and twenty-four hours.

—-

All of them read the relevant information regarding SCP-2331, understanding its behavior, characteristics and things they would later use to come up with a plan to secure him.

Seeing that everyone had the document that he prepared, Secretary Noah continued, "The existence of SCP-2331 had gone quite viral due to the media coverage, mainly the social media."

Secretary Noah moved away from the screen as Dr. Moon showed up several posts regarding the appearance of a DJ in a Scarecrow with a Pumpkin head raving at a party.

After playing a few videos on the public rave performance of SCP-2331, Dr. Moon then introduced a video of a researcher conducting an interview with one of the attendees.

The video was amateur and gave the impression that a person was trying to catch a glimpse of one of the participants they intended to interview using a hidden camera within their body.

"Hi there, can I have a chat with you for a moment? We're going to do an interview with the locals for our newspaper later." said the interviewer

The girl can be seen a little bit drunk, "Sure, sure! Ask me anything, don't mind me with it!" She then took a shot of a drink.

The interviewer then asked, "What do you think about the DJ performance? Do you think it's any good by performing at these parties all night long?"

"Oh yeah, he's really good. We've been keeping up with him since hours ago and he still keeps on going with the party. Pretty rad in my opinion, gotta loosen up some stress before continuing your boring life, you know?" answered the girl as she was dancing for a bit.

"I see, I see. How about his appearance? Do you think it's weird or anything like it? A bit out of place for him to appear like that in this kind of party don't you think?"

The girl stopped her dance for a bit and looked at the interviewer weirdly, "Wow, really? Haven't you kept up with the trend right now? It's the current style for DJs! Like Daft Punk, Marshmello, you name it! They had their own weird and cool looking appearance to make themselves unique."

The interviewer paused for a moment and continued, "So, you think it's cool looking instead of weird that the DJ looked like a scarecrow with a pumpkin head?"

"Yeah, isn't that what he's known for? The mysterious Halloween DJ that would throw a rave in October! My girlfriend told me to come with her and I regretted not knowing it earlier."

"Thank you for your time and I hope you can enjoy the rest of the party." The video then stopped afterward.

Secretary Noah then walked into the middle of the stage again, the screen showed some of the additional information regarding maps and locations regarding a venue.

"The search team had predicted that the next place SCP-2331 will hold its party is in Florida, it will be a big one since there will be some other artist that will perform their music and SCP-2331 was listed as one of the lineup artists."

Secretary Noah then looked at Grace, "Captain Grace. You will be leading the captain of the containment squad and SCP-A1 supervisor for this mission. Please prepare your squad once our meeting is finished."

She then nodded, "Understood."

"Now, we have arranged with the event organizers that we volunteer as part of the security team of the event. Your squad will be placed on several points of the event, but you must stick to the plan regarding the containment."

Secretary Noah then pointed at Clint, "The extraction will be made by Officer Clint, there will be an escort vehicle disguised as SCP-2331 private transportation and it's your guys task to always keep it a low profile."

The mission briefing that had been provided to them all appeared to have concluded when the screen went blank. William and Grace were both prepared to carry out the task because they had finally grasped the current situation.

It was a harmless SCP, but it had a high risk due to it being exposed to the public. The scale was not small because it was a whole music festival that not only the general public would come and see, but also several famous artists that were a threat to Foundation's secrecy.

A mission like this should be done carefully and not to raise any attention, especially when dealing with the public in an event. Any mistakes that would get their eyes on the Foundation that they were trying to secure SCP-2331 could have disastrous results.

"We hope for a great result for your performance on this mission." said Secretary Noah with a smile to both of them.

Without sparing more time, Grace stood up from her chair, signaled William to come with him and walked out of the assembly room. Leaving only Dr. Erik, Secretary Noah and his two other subordinates.

Secretary Noah then looked at Dr. Erik from a distance said, "Do you think that those two will be able to carry out the mission? You know particularly why the Foundation has so much interest in him, right?"

Dr. Erik closed and put down the document pertaining SCP-2331's information, "I'm sure they will be able to do it as long she was the one who supervises him in the field."

Secretary Noah looked at his watch and hummed, "I hope that you are right, the Foundation's effort to create The Pandora's Box was indeed a risky move. But, if all goes well, then it would favor the Foundation in the future."

He then glanced at Clint, "Please oversee and report the situation to me if anything happens in the field. You're in charge of their actions, alright?"

"Yes, sir." Officer Clint nodded.

26