Chapter 50 “Papers and Incantation”
729 1 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Grace followed two of her squad members who were bringing SCP-2331 out of the area through the back door, keeping away from any interaction with the public.

Although both of SCP-2331's hands were restrained by cable ties, and he was somewhat perplexed by his own situation, he did not attempt to resist or question those who were capturing him.

Only a few members of the event crew can be seen scurrying in the other direction of where they were going, likely managing the commotion at the main venue and front building.

They managed to get outside of the building, and there was a black SUV parked in the lot. It was the escort vehicle that was prepared by Officer Clint, and he was waiting in the driver seat for Grace's squad to come.

One of the guards opened the door, and the other put SCP-2331 into the car, both of them entered the car as they were tasked to keep him secured and didn't go anywhere along the way.

Officer Clint pulled down his window and looked at Grace, "Everything's clear?"

"Affirmative, you guys can go ahead first to secure SCP-2331 to Site-199. We still have a little bit of a problem to take care of, and that is SCP-1440 presence within the building." Grace as she looked around the area.

"Is it confirmed that SCP-1440 is within the building and not caused by other factors leading to the current situation?" Officer Clint asked, while preparing to make a phone call.

Grace replied, "We weren't unsure about the situation, but we lost contact with Alpha One. Which might suggest that he's facing it at the moment, or maybe he's not."

Officer Clint's eyes narrowed, and he started to make a call on his phone. He looked at him, "Find him. It is your responsibility to keep an eye on all of your squad. Report to me immediately about the situation once it's over and return to Site-199."

"Understood." Grace then ran toward the building once again.

The two guards and SCP-2331 were waiting at the back when Officer Clint made a call. Someone on the other end finally picked up the phone after a brief delay.

"It's me. Target's been secured, but we have another problem. Reports said that SCP-1440 was in the building, and they were trying to handle the situation. Are you sure? understood."

Officer Clint then put aside the phone in his pockets and started to drive the car, setting their route to Site-199 to finally secure SCP-2331 to his new containment cell, leaving Grace and the others in the building.

—-

Both SCP-1440 and William were stunned by the appearance of the blond lady that was in the hallway; she just flew a paper eagle and put it back into her book. Something that an ordinary person couldn't do.

"You might want to stay away from him. The old man was a walking bad omen to everyone around him. The fact that he's here is already excruciating to take care of it." said the blonde lady as she was pulling out another piece of paper.

William shouted from a distance, "No kidding, I knew a few things about him and a bit addled how am I going to handle him without killing myself in the process."

The blonde lady had some sort of witchcraft in her, SCP-1440 realized, because she had previously been able to perform such feats. He appeared to be more interested in her as he moved his attention from William to her.

William could not kill SCP-1440 because all of his weapons were broken, and he could not harm him without coming into contact with it directly, something he should avoid at all costs.

One of the guests entered the hallway and noticed the three of them standing menacingly, breaking up their standoff. He was a bit frightened by the situation as there appeared to be some conflicts going on right now.

The blonde lady started to chant, "Perception was one's eye, surge the frame of mind through the buckeye."

The paper on the blonde woman's right palm immediately folded into a paper kaleidoscope of butterflies as she began tossing it without pausing for a few seconds. The person was surrounded by paper butterflies.

A few seconds later, the kaleidoscope of butterflies began to move in a sequence, hypnotizing the person and causing him to lose consciousness. He collapsed to the ground.

William and SCP-1440 were both perplexed by what she was capable of. SCP-1440 regarded her with a tinge of hope that she would assist in resolving his issue regarding William's inability to harm him.

"Could you be the one who was able to put an end to this misery?" said SCP-1440 in a gloomy tone.

The blonde lady's eyes were still sharp, looking at SCP-1440 directly, and she gazed her attention toward William, that was standing there. She had fully understood the situation she was in and sighed.

"I knew that something was causing this place a trouble and didn't think that you would be the one to cause it." said the blonde lady, as she was ripping a handful of pages from the book.

She darted her eyes to William, "A bit troublesome, I'd say, but I couldn't help myself to be involved in this situation if it wasn't because of a lot of people in here."

She threw the torn-out pages from the book into the air, where they began to levitate. The paper covered SCP-1440's entire body from the bottom to the top as it soared in his direction.

"Even though it was life that always be beatin', it will always be written. Through papers, you will always be remembered, with all parts of it were disassembled."

SCP-1440's entire body was covered in paper, and his foot was even folded like a piece of paper. Followed by his arm and head began to fold and crumble as if his entire body was completely made out of paper.

SCP-1440 didn't scream or experience any pain at all; he was completely apathetic. He showed no emotion at all and simply accepted the fact that his entire body had begun to transform.

William was a bit stunned by the scene. Someone like her was able to handle SCP-1440 easily, like it was nothing. It was entirely out of his expectation that someone like her would show up at a place like this.

The process took a few minutes until SCP-1440's whole body was completely folded into a rectangular envelope. William saw the envelope had just dropped to the floor, and he sighed a breath of relief.

"Don't get too happy yet, he was not entirely gone from the world, and he is still here." said the blonde lady as she walked in the direction of William.

She took the envelope containing SCP-1440 and placed it in her book. She then reached into her purse, placed the book inside, and looked at William for a moment.

"Judging by your response that you knew some information regarding that old man and your whole appearance. If I were to guess, you are one of the jailers, right? The Foundation."

In an instant, she knew that William was working for the Foundation. An average person wouldn't know anything about the Foundation, let alone be aware of its existence. How does she know about it?

William narrowed his eyes and asked, "Who are you?"

"Just a wanderer who spends most of the time in a library. I suppose that should have been evident, given what I had just told you."

30