Chapter 53 “The Pandora’s Box”
855 3 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

William slept in his cell for the remainder of the night and awoke with plenty of energy the next morning. He was a little pleased that he could spend the rest of the day leisurely because it appeared that he had no mission or task for the day.

He missed this kind of time when everything was calm, and nothing awful was happening right now. Knowing how many of them sought to cause a problem every day, he should be grateful for that in this harsh world.

A member of the Foundation's upper echelons successfully carried out another operation, making him eligible to join the Pandora's Box Mobile Task Force, where he would interact with SCPs from other sites.

Being a part of Pandora's Box gave him many opportunities to interact with others and assured his status in the Foundation. Though, carrying out military operations might be something he needed to prepare for since he doesn't have enough experience in that field.

There's a chance he'll be working with SCP-105 and SCP-076 together if his guess that this world's timeline was a little earlier than what he knew previously in his world was accurate.

He couldn't contain his excitement at joining the renowned Pandora's Box Mobile Task Force and felt compelled to demonstrate to everyone what he could achieve in the future to help the group.

Thinking about it, he had only managed to copy two of the SCPs anomalous abilities during his settlement in the Foundation. One was SCP-415's regenerative ability and SCP-2006's shapeshifting ability.

His ability to regenerate was thought to be a passive ability that he has little control over, and that occurs on its own. However, he had to switch on his shapeshifting ability actively.

William was able to turn both of his hands into something else before, and then he had a thought. He attempted to again transform both of his hands into the shape of a cat's paw by turning one into something straightforward.

He focused, visualizing the shape of a cat paw in both of his palms. It began to grow hair all over its hands and change its shape into two large paws. It had a thick, white color throughout his arms.

He needed a few minutes to shape both of his hands before, and he managed to do it. He could at last change some of his body's parts into other things; it may not be much, but it's a decent beginning.

But he could only hold it off for a short while until his hands returned to normal. He had already expended a lot of energy doing it, so keeping it up for an extended amount of time may be challenging.

And to top it all off, it was just the plain shape of his two hands. To transform his whole body into something different would require a lot more of his energy, especially if the new form has many more intricate elements.

He would undoubtedly practice using his shapeshifting ability for extended periods of time, as this would help him in such circumstances. Who knows whether he could need to change into someone or anything else at some point?

William wanted to spend the remainder of the day unwinding and taking advantage of his free time, so he didn't want to think too much. He then took out a book and began to read until he was permitted to wander around the facility.

Site-19, Personnel Training Area.

Noah was moving through the training area that was still being prepared for the Omega-7 "Pandora's Box" division of the newly constituted Mobile Task Force.

The new MTF's devices and equipment were being prepared for use by maintenance personnel for training and other purposes. In addition, the MTF guards' will have a new dormitory for them to live in the new site.

He noticed that someone was inside the office at the far end of the training area, so he made his way there while carrying a large number of papers and files.

He knocked on the door, and a rich and raspy voice could be heard from inside, "Come on."

Secretary Noah opened the door and walked into the office. Someone was sitting at the table, a person who was in their mid-50s, wearing a military uniform, and was looking through some files.

"You got all the information from your scouting?" said the old man.

Noah scattered the documents and files on his arms to the table, "As you said, General Bowe. Through the past few weeks, my team and I have been watching some of the potential SCPs that could be useful to the project."

The old man in the suit was called General Bowe, the Head Project of the Pandora's Box Mobile Task Force division. He picked up the files that were given by Noah and looked through them one by one.

"So, what do you think of them?" General Bowe asked.

"The first, Project Iris. She was agile and cooperative when she was given the task regarding one of the Persons of Interest that are within the Foundation's watch, dado. She could be useful for a reconnaissance operation given what she could do." Noah answered.

"Though, there were some doubts given that she was just a teen. Everything will be under control as long as someone is at her side."

General Bowe hummed as he turned the pages for Project Iris' document. He seemed happy with the reports and picked up another one. His eyes narrowed as he looked through the documents.

"What about Project Able? From the reports, it seems like Project Able is someone that we're going to have a hard time dealing with." General Bowe as he showed doubts on his face.

Noah then replied, "Project Able was a unique case. He showed a little of cooperation when given the task on the field, but he showed remarkably good performance when carrying out the mission."

General Bowe turned the page as he looked at the mission report. Noah continued, "When facing a hostile entity, especially in great amounts or had an immense power, Project Able could take them out in just a matter of minutes."

"He excels at both offensive and defensive capability, making it a great addition to the Strike Team for the Pandora's Box if we faced a hostile entity. Though, it is greatly advised always to watch him in the field."

After reading it for a few minutes, General Bowe picked another file and started to read the document. His eyes focused on the information that was laid on the document, and something caught his attention.

Noah continued with his explanation as General Bowe picked the third document, "Third, is Project Alpha One. This is also a unique one since Project Alpha One shows remarkable cooperation with the Foundation, and he was able to carry out the mission successfully even when things went out of plan."

"I took the initiative to see Project Alpha One in person, and I could say that his performance when dealing with other SCPs like in the reports is going to be beneficial for the Intelligence Team."

General Bowe was pleased. Noah saw his expression and continued, "There are others that-"

Before he could finish the sentence, General Bowe waved his hand, "I've seen enough. I'm satisfied."

He then started to pile up the documents once again and said, "Pandora's Box proposal had been signed and given the green light. I trusted you to find the candidates that are perfect for the team, and I'm already pleased with the result."

Noah smiled as he was finally able to fulfill the task given to him. He then asked, "What is the next step for us to continue the Project?"

General Bowe turned his chair and looked at the window where all the maintenance personnel was preparing the training facilities for the Pandora's Box, "Start informing every single one of them. They'll be working under the new Mobile Task Force Division by tomorrow."

22