Chapter 69 “At The Vault”
329 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With everything ready, William was able to get the target for him to shapeshift later, and Iris had retrieved her camera from Grace's team. It was their time to make a move to the safe room where all the auctioned items were stored. 

Iris walked to the lounge where William and Stevenson were waiting for her to come back. She sat at the table and started to give them the earpiece that was given by Kurt beforehand. 

"What's this?" asked William as he inspected one of the earpieces.

"Our way of communicating with each other in case something happened. Kurt told me to give it to you guys so that we could keep in touch." answered Iris.

Stevenson wore the earpiece and said, "That's convenient. Have you got the camera from them, Iris?"

Iris pulled out the camera from the purse that Grace gave it to her and replied, "Yes, everything is in here. I suppose the camera is prohibited. Therefore I had to hide it to prevent the staff from confiscating it."

"I wouldn't be surprised if they were. Everything in here is always full of security and wouldn't let any information regarding what's inside to the public. Hence why there are no reporters despite the number of guests attending here." said Stevenson as he looked out the window.

He tried to turn on the earpiece with his hand, "Testing, is my voice going through all of you?" 

"Loud and clear." Kurt replied through the channel. 

"We can hear you. Everything's working properly on our end here." said Grace to Stevenson.

"Alright, cool. Informing that we are about to go to the safe room, William and Iris will proceed to do their part and get a picture of the room. That way, we would be able to retrieve SCP-3934 later." 

Grace replied to the comms, "Good luck on that part. We will keep an eye on the situation in case anything happens on your way." 

Iris and William prepared everything they needed later, and they were ready to sneak into the safe room. This was probably the most dangerous and risky part of the whole operation, as William had to disguise himself as one of the staff to gain access. 

He would also need to bring Iris to the room, which was an outsider. This put the whole part of the mission into two crucial factors that could determine their operation's fate. Both of them needed to be careful as there was no room for error.

"Be vigilant with your surroundings. Say 'killjoy' if both of you encounter any problem with the comms. We'll come to you." said Stevenson.

Iris and William then got up from the desk and walked away from the space. They began to make their way outside to the safe room, whose position they already knew because they had a floor layout of the entire building in the briefing room.

They saw two guards were standing in front of the door that led to the hallway where the safe room was located. William pulled Iris to the side first before encountering them. 

"You wanted to start doing it now? Do you think you can hold up until we have left the area?" Iris asked as he looked at William, who was peeking at the guards.

"We don't have any choices either. Better be playing safe than sorry later."

William then started to take a deep breath and imagined the face he tried to shape. In a moment, Iris could see that some parts of his face were changing, and he had even grown facial hair around it.

In just a few minutes, William's face had changed completely. From a person with thick brown hair to someone with slick hair and a mustache. He was able to transform his face into one of the Marshal, Carter, and Dark's staff. 

"How does it look?" William asked.

Iris thought for a moment and replied, "It's weird that you have a face that looks like someone in their mid-30s and your voice is lighter than him. Kind of unsettling, to be honest, it might just be me that just saw a bizarre thing like this."

"Well, I told you that I wouldn't be able to change my voice since I can only change the face itself. If they weren't buying my whole look, I'll come up with something."

William and Iris then walked toward the door where there were two guards standing in front of it. They tried to act like it was nothing and get past them as fast as they could, but they were stopped by one of the guards.

"Hold it, who is this?" said one of the guards while looking at Iris.

It seemed that the guards didn't realize and were a bit suspicious regarding William's whole appearance. Despite the fact that his face had completely turned into one of the staff's, his whole attire wasn't exactly the same as the target. 

"This lady is one of the buyers that had won an auction before. As she is our client, this lady wanted to see her own item in close contact. Making sure that everything was fine before we sent it to her." explained William to the guards.

The guard looked at Iris for a moment, inspecting her from top to bottom, "The item will be sent to your place once the auction ends. It will come to your doorstep in about one or two days." 

Iris waved her hand, "I'm just making sure that I got what I wanted. I have the right to do so since I bought it from your company."

"It'll be a quick one. We don't want to upset our client, right? I'll make sure everything is fine."

The other guard looked at him and signaled his partner. The guard sighed, "Make it quick and do what you need."

Without sparing any more time, William and Iris hurriedly walked into the hallway where the safe room would be located. They had got past the first security, and they would need to go down further.

There was nobody in the hallway. It was quiet and empty. There were no other ways to go other than to move forward following the hallway. Iris and William quickened their pace before his shapeshift wore off. 

At the end of the hallway, there was a vault that could be seen from a distance. William and Iris noticed about the vault door. It should be where the items that Marshal, Carter, and Dark auctioned were located. 

They had arrived at the vault door of their safe room. From the looks of it, there was no doubt that this was their target. But no one was guarding the room, which made them a little bit out of place. 

But they noticed something on the right side of the vault. There was a retinal scanner, and it seemed that they would need someone's eye to open the vault. 

8