Chapter 68 “Let’s Move”
505 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The auction went on to the next item since it had just started, and Elena had already spent millions on buying the spear that she was after. She can consider her goal was already achieved by this moment. 

But to her, it wasn't over until she had finally gotten the spear into her hands directly. She needed to wait until the end of the event for her to make a payment and be given the item that she won in the auction. 

The spear was brought off from the stage and transported by the auction crew to be stored in the safe room where all the auctioned items are stored until the end of the event and to be distributed later. 

There were still no indications that SCP-3934 would be placed up for auction, and it was unclear when it would do so. Stevenson was gesturing for William to approach from where he and Iris were seated when William turned to face them.

William realized that there might be something that they wanted to tell him. He already got what he needed to go into the safe room. He only needed to bring Iris to the room while pretending to be the auction's staff to get in. 

"Well, it was a pleasure to meet you in this place. I hope that you got what you're after, and for whatever that reason is, I won't tell anyone about it since they would mostly take my words like it was nothing." said William as he was about to leave his seat. 

She looked at him, "Where are you going now?" 

"Duty calls. I'm not the only one that was after some of the items in this auction, you know." William replied.

"So, you're just going to steal it from them?"

William chuckled, "I mean, yeah? I'm not a millionaire like you. I don't have the resources to do something mad like you. Even if I have, I won't dare to put my money just for this job."

With that, William stood up from his seat and started to walk away from the auction area. Elena didn't say anything as he was leaving and stayed at her seat, waiting until the auction ended. 

From the back of the auction area, three people stood together and looked at the spear that had just sold at a high price. 

"Holy shit, 4.1 million just for that spear? I wonder how much money they have and are willing to spend millions on this weird stuff." 

"They are people who used our tax money, Vale. Of course there are plenty of them filling their pockets. I'm sure that won't make a dent in their savings." said Skye.

Gale whistled, "One thing for sure is that I would use those 4 million to go out on vacation by myself. A little bit of self-relaxation won't be harmful, and I don't need to worry about the expenses."

Vale looked at him, "This is the first time I hear you are interested in that type of stuff. Since usually, you would waste your money on some adult places."

"I'm a changed man. Besides, a little bit of vacation after stressful work is what we all need. Isn't that right, Skye?"

Skye looked at him while raising one of her eyebrows, "A vacation with a group of girls, that's what you wanted to do, right?"

Gale laughed for a moment as Skye's answer predicted his true intention, "Come on. It's nothing bad. The girls and I are chilling on some Bali beach, having a sunset dinner together."

"Yeah, right." Skye sighed, "Vale, track those boxes now as we're going to locate where they had kept their items."

"On it." 

Vale opened her palm, and a small hole appeared above the palm. A small needle-like thing appeared from thin air, and she picked it up with her left hand. She threw that needle and landed on the rear side of the box. 

"Done, and we'll just wait." said Vale as she gave Skye a thumbs up.

Gale put both of his hands behind his head, "Such a shame that whoever bought that spear for 4 million is going to get nothing once they realize that the spear is gone." 

"Well, that's their own fault." Skye smiled, "They should've stolen it in the first place rather than buying it for a lot of money that would only go to some devious organization's pocket."

William had walked his way up to the lounge where Stevenson and Iris were looking at him in the distance the whole time. He sat down at the table and took a sip of water.

"How's down there? Got everything you need?" Stevenson asked.

"Yeah, I got a clearer picture now, and I am confident enough to shape myself into that person. Though, I don't think I can change my voice since I would only shape my face to be like that stuff." answered William.

"That's good enough," Stevenson looked at his phone, "We got a message that Grace's team had arrived in the building and were waiting for Iris to grab the camera."

"They're here? That's good to hear. We could go as soon as Iris retrieved her camera and proceed to walk into the safe room where they would keep SCP-3934." said William.

He continued, "Although, I haven't seen anything about SCP-3934 on the stage. It might've been listed later in the auction since it had just only begun."

"That doesn't matter," Stevenson replied, "As long as we were able to let Iris take a picture of the whole safe room with her camera, then it would be just a piece of cake from there on."

"Yeah, we can just spend the rest of the night here once we get there. If nothing out of the ordinary happened, which I doubt since it would be crazy enough to someone make a mess here." said Iris as she was sipping some water while looking at the window. 

Stevenson continued, "Alright, that settles it. Iris, you should go to the women's toilet on the Lower Ground level. There will be Grace waiting for you to pick up the delivery."

Iris put her glass on the table, "On it."

She then stood up from the desk and, walked out of the lounge, proceeded to walk down to the women's toilet where they had set up the meeting point to deliver her camera. 

"How much time do we have left until this whole auction is over?" William asked. 

Stevenson looked at his watch, "I don't know. It would probably last until 12 or 1 in the morning."

"This is going to be a long night."

Iris had arrived at the lower ground floor and entered the women's toilet, where they set the rendezvous point for their meeting. As she was told, there was nobody else besides them waiting on the women's toilet.

Grace and Kurt had already changed their clothes to blend in with the people in the building. Iris then walked up to them.

A purse was given to her, "The camera was inside this purse, don't lose it."

Iris looked inside her purse and discovered a Glock and other objects close to her camera. Of course, they would prepare for situations like these if things weren't going according to plan.

Kurt then gave her several pairs of earpieces, "Wear this, don't forget to give it to Alpha One and Stevenson. We will use this to keep in touch with everyone throughout the mission." 

He then hurriedly left the women's toilet before anyone came into the room and suspected him of being there. Everything was ready and prepared for them to execute their last and final plan for the night.

"Be careful there. Report to us if anything happens, alright?" said Grace to Iris.

She then gave a quick nod and left the women's toilet. She made her way outside to the lounge, where she finally met William and Stevenson to execute their final plan to secure SCP-3934 from Marshal, Carter, and Dark.

8