Chapter 77 “Open Fire”
237 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the three of them were about to leave the lounge to meet with the rest of the team. Iris, William, and Stevenson prepared to make their way to the first floor.

They saw several guests were on their way out of the building. Several Marshal, Carter, and Dark's staff were guiding them so as not to cause a scene. In contrast, about a dozen security guards were waiting outside the door leading to the safe room.

The three of them met up with Grace and Kurt, who were still in their attire, just like the other staff.

Grace greeted them, "Alright, now that all of us are here. What's the plan?"

"Either going in without those people from Marshal, Carter, and Dark noticed any of us, but we have to face them later on or wait until they've been taken care of by the guards, which I doubt that'll happen." said Stevenson.

She looked around for a moment, "The latter doesn't seem a viable option for us. The moment they finish taking care of those people, it would be harder for us to get SCP-3934 since they'll be moving it to another place."

Stevenson nodded in agreement, "Exactly. Even if they start to continue the auction once everything ends, they'll tighten their security, and who knows how we are able to steal the target from their hands from that point on."

"No choice but to head on with the others, I suppose," Grace then prepared her gun that she had brought from the outside, "How many of them are in that area?"

Iris approached Grace and Stevenson as they discussed their next course of action and handed them the polaroid of the scene inside the safe room so they could assess the situation.

Stevenson and Grace took the photo, which was exhibited from a higher perspective inside the secure room, and showed two people inside. They appeared to be removing some of the items from their boxes and pedestals.

Grace looked at it thoroughly, "There were only two of them?"

"No, there were actually three of them. The tall guy had a gun, the long-haired woman seemed to be unarmed, and the short-haired woman held a spear in her hands." explained Stevenson.

"A spear? Where did she acquire such a thing?" Grace looked confused about the situation.

He answered, "Presumably from one of the items listed in the auction, as there was a spear before being auctioned here."

She hummed for a moment, "If the two were inside this room, where's the other one?"

After she had just said that, a faint thump of gunshots could be heard from the inside. The guards outside the room noticed that someone who was inside the hallway was armed with a weapon.

Hearing this, several guards on the outside prepared their weapons to stop the intruder from going any further through the area. Followed by the other staff hastened their pace to evacuate the guests.

Grace looked at Kurt, "Any information within the staff line?"

"Nothing but a bit of chaotic communication between the staff. Some people were mad about it, and they had to evacuate them to safety before they could continue. Other than that, they seemed to be taking care of the matter quickly to continue the auction." explained Kurt.

"I guess they were relentless in continuing the auction by solving the problem as quickly as possible," Grace looked at the guards lined up, "Now the only problem remains, how are we going to pass them?"

There were three guards walking out of the door, but something strange could be noticed by the rest of the people who were there. The look from the guards seemed a bit off from their usual behavior.

Their eyes were entirely white, their body posture seemed a bit weird than usual, and none of them said anything. As if they walked out the door with nothing happening just then.

Several guards who were standing outside noticed the guns on the weird-looking guards, one of them had blood trickling over their body and bullet holes through their clothes.

They had come to the conclusion that an exchange of gunshots had taken place between them and the perpetrator. One thing that was really out of place was how unmoved the guard who had been shot.

He did not say anything or even the tiniest sign of distress, acting as if the shot had not even happened, despite the fact that he was seriously injured from all the bullets on his body.

A short-haired woman with blood splatters on some of her body parts walked out the door. Just as Stevenson had described to Grace, she was carrying a spear in her hand.

Seeing this, all of the guards stationed outside the door raised their guns tightly as the enemy had a weapon in her hands. They didn't know what it could do, but they couldn't take any chances.

"Drop the weapon on the ground and surrender yourself! We have you surrounded, and there's nothing you can do!" said the guards as he shouted to the perpetrator.

She didn't say anything and looked at her surroundings. While she could spot several security guards pinning her position, with other staff guiding the guests to leave the building.

"There is no way out for you. Either you come surrender to us, or you will be met with force!" continued the guard.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that." replied the short-haired woman as she smirked at the guards.

Seeing this response, the guard replied, "Open fire!"

A dozen guards started to pull the trigger to shoot the short-haired woman to immobilize her since she was a threat to them. The short-haired woman heard it clearly and started to move before they pulled the trigger.

The three guards who were just standing the entire time started to move and circled around her—completely guarding her with their own bodies from the front, left, and right sides.

She just turned the guards, who seemed to be in her control, to be her meat shield, completely blocking all incoming bullets that were directed at her from the security guards.

The bullets went through their bodies, but none of them hit her at all. The meat shield had successfully blocked all bullets, and neither of the guards who were in her control resisted or reacted to the shot.

All of their guns were emptied, and they had to reload, taking this window of time. She started to push the guards who had taken bullets from her, crashing their bodies into several guards in front of her.

She began to wield the spear and swung it towards the bodies of the guards. She slashed each of them with the spear's blade in just a few seconds. Despite having every opportunity to stab them in the throat with the spear, she refrained from doing so.

All of them groaned in pain after being cut by the spear. One after another, the guards started having a seizure on the floor just a few seconds after being inflicted by her spear.

Their bodies then stopped in just a moment after frantically shaking. They stood up from their knees with their eyes completely white, just like the other guards before. Their body posture seemed to be more unusual than their posture before.

Everyone in the venue looked in horror at what they just saw. All of them screamed in fear regarding the scene as she managed to take down a dozen guards at once and seemed to be controlling them.

The guards who had previously been on the woman's side are now siding with her, completely turning the situation around as she now had a dozen guards under her control that she could use to seize control the building.

Several people in the venue panicked and started to run toward the exit in a hurry, creating a lot of commotion in order to save themselves from the situation.

She looked at the guests and said, "Where do you think you guys are going?!"

The woman started to run toward the guest and tried to attack them with their spear, gaining control over everyone and using them to be used later for her small armies to take over the building.

"Iris!" shouted Stevenson as he looked at her.

She understood what he meant. She pulled out the camera from her purse, took a photo of the entire, and immediately began to dip her hands into the polaroid.

She was stunned on her steps when a massive hand suddenly materialized in front of her eyes. She had assumed that someone must have used an anomalous ability to stop her from continuing her attack.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
8