Chapter 79 “Gun Aimed To The Head”
263 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Grace was pinning down the long-haired woman to the floor with all her might to allow Stevenson and Kurt to go through past them to the door leading to the safe room.

She struggled a little bit as the long-haired woman resisted her pin the whole time, attempting to free herself from her locking so that she could move again to fend them off.

"Go! I'll handle her while you guys take care of the rest!" shouted Grace as she was having a bit of a problem taking care of the enemy.

When Stevenson and Kurt heard this, they nodded and used the opportunity to move through and straight to the safe room so they could get to their goal as soon as possible.

Their primary concern was everyone's safety, even though securing SCP-3934 was the operation's primary goal. It would have been against the Foundation's principles to expose an anomaly to the civilians.

They were aware that whoever was organizing the controversy was looking to cause trouble and wouldn't think twice about attacking anyone standing in their way using anomalies.

Especially an anomaly that has the power to instantly and heavily manipulate enormous numbers of individuals. Suppose it continues to influence more people in public, who knows how it would turn out.

A thought crossed his mind with the appearance of the spear that could control a lot of individuals and harm the general public if it was not secured or handled by the right person.

Should he and the other Pandora's Box team that were in this building to secure the spear whilst they were securing SCP-3934 at the same time?

It would allow them to retrieve both items simultaneously because the circumstances had changed. Securing their SCP asset while also securing a second dangerous anomalous object.

While it was not their current main objective to steal from the Marshal, Carter, and Dark, but deep down, he felt like he needed to make a choice about whether the Foundation should take it or not.

If they didn't make an effort to secure the spear, Marshal, Carter, and Dark would probably decide to take it back since it is, after all, their property, and it would make sense for them to do so.

But they didn't care as to whose hands the spear fell into whether that be the bad guys or the good guys. They couldn't care less about it as long they could make the utmost profit from the item as possible.

It wasn't a good idea to give it to Marshal, Carter, and Dark because it would only bet on whoever had the most money's hand to decide the fate of the entire globe.

On the other hand, there is a group of intruders who are robbing the valuables. He had no idea where they had come from or what their objectives were.

They certainly appeared to be up to no good, as evidenced by the fact that they attacked the guests without even the slightest hesitation. From his perspective, only an extremist movement or group would have done that.

On top of everything else, it doesn't look like a typical thieving crew would enter a building and steal the items. Given that the auction was held in secret and that only a small number of people would know about it.

Regardless, letting them have the spear would only be the same as giving a terrorist a weapon of mass murder. The entire population within the control of a notorious group easily is a scenario that everyone wouldn't want to live in.

In addition, there was another person or group to be involved just before, taking care of several controlled security guards that were affected by the spear—the blonde lady with a book.

He noticed that she was unique in some way. Someone who fought the intruders voluntarily but didn't seem to belong to the Marshal, Carter, and Dark group. Which confused him.

Either way, as long as that person was on the same page as their handling those intruders. It wouldn't be much of a problem. Stevenson and Kurt kept running toward the end of the hallway.

They saw a body lying around and dropped to the floor. A pool of blood can be seen around on the floor. Stevenson took a quick glance at the body and looked at it for a moment.

There appeared to be bullet wounds all over the body. This guard appeared to have received a significant amount of bullets to the chest, which was extremely lethal and there was no hope of survival.

Stevenson came to the conclusion that the short-haired woman must have given the order to shoot this guard to the other guards whom she controlled. As can be observed, this guard's bullet casing matched every other one.

Kurt gave a hint to Stevenson that they should move as fast as they could. Stevenson nodded. He picked up the gun from the guard and then continued their walk in the hallway.

From a distance, they could hear that something or someone was rummaging through the items in the safe room. Stevenson and Kurt leaned on the corner of the junction and stopped for a moment.

Stevenson tried to get a peek at what was on the other side. As he would've guessed it, the tall man was there and had been inside the safe room the entire time when he first saw it on the polaroid.

The tall man was preparing something by unloading and packing the auctioned stuff into a container that they had brought. They actually intended to take everything out of the safe room.

They would need to enter the room, find SCP-3934, and then steal it quickly before anyone noticed because he couldn't see or locate it from here. There was still one person left. They would need to take care of it.

Stevenson looked at Kurt as he was holding a gun that he had taken before, "Alright, on my mark. There's a higher chance that we had to fight him head-on once his attention was drawn to us."

"Wait." said Kurt, "I don't have anything on me and you're the one who had a gun."

Stevenson thought about it for a moment, "Here's what we're going to do. I'll point my gun at him, catch him off guard and threaten him to throw away his weapon. That way, we're going to have the upper hand."

Kurt nodded, Stevenson continued, "We'll avoid as minimum conflict as possible and handle him later after we secure SCP-3934."

Both of them were prepared to launch an attack and secure SCP-3934 from their hands. Stevenson tightened his hands on the handle and walked out of the corner while pointing his gun at the tall man.

"Hands up, don't do anything stupid." said Stevenson.

The tall man stopped, turned around, and noticed two people following him. While the others were unarmed and appeared to pose no threat to him at all, one of them had a gun pointed straight at him.

"Put your gun on the floor and kick it here. I'll shoot if you make any sudden movement." said Stevenson in a threatening tone.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
7