Chapter 78 “A Giant Hand”
274 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Iris was finally able to take a picture of the whole venue, she put her hands through the polaroid. Her hands in a giant size, appeared out of thin air, stopping the woman with the spear on her steps.

She knew that she was going for the guests to harm them and needed to be stopped before things could go worse than before. It was partly their job not to let any civilian casualties happen in times like this.

Without any further ado, Iris moved her hands quickly to sweep the woman with the spear as fast as she could. Sending her to fly in the opposite direction where she was heading.

She hit the wall that had been constructed for the auction stage after being sent back several meters from where she had been. It moved so quickly and had so much energy to send her away, catching her off guard.

Everyone was shocked by the appearance of the giant hand that had suddenly appeared out of nowhere, combined with the hand trying to knock the perpetrator away from the scene.

"Good job, Iris." remarked Stevenson, "We should take our chances here to get into the room while anyone is distracted."

Even though the spear-wielding woman was harmed, she was still able to recover from the damage that was done to her. Given that she had just been tossed aside with force, she limped a little as she rose to her feet once more.

She spat out blood from her mouth as she looked at everyone in the venue, "Alright, which one of you fucks did this?"

Hearing this, it appears that she didn't know or realize that Iris was the one who knocked her away. She was a bit mad, given that someone had managed to hinder her plan to attack the guests.

She raised the spear, "No matter, I'll just end all of you right now at this place."

A few of the guards under her command moved and pointed their rifles at the guests who were still attempting to exit the building. As they were in danger, the employees and the guests grew frightened.

Another batch of security guards was coming out from the backstage and was about to apprehend her before she could do any more thing that would cause chaos in the building.

But she quickly became aware that someone was attempting to restrain her. She threw the spear towards the guard's chest, penetrating the skin directly through the surface. Although it wasn't fatal, it was enough to injure the guard.

In order to subdue them, she rushed and jumped in the direction of the guard, grabbed the spear again, and stabbed another guard. It would be to her advantage later if she could control a larger number of security guards.

Seeing that her attention was distracted by the other guards, Stevenson commanded, "Both of you. It seemed that her source of power was coming from that spear, and we should take her out immediately."

"Understood. She could cause a lot of trouble if everyone in this building were under her control." said Iris taking out her Glock from the purse and putting her camera over her neck, "All we need is just to knock that spear from her hand, right?"

William asked, "We'll buy you guys some time. How about the others?"

"Grace, Kurt, and I will be going to the safe room, posing as the staff that would help control the situation regarding those intruders. We'll be counting on you taking care of her." Stevenson said as he rolled his sleeve.

Both of them nodded. Iris and William started to move in the direction where the woman with the spear was fighting with other security guards. They would need to buy them some time or immobilize her if they could.

Stevenson looked at the door towards the safe room, but it was blocked by several security guards who were in a controlled state, pointing their guns toward the guests and the staff.

The three of them looked at each other. It seemed that there was no other choice but to ram through them. Stopping them from dangering the other guests while making their way to the door.

The guests who were still in the middle of their exit were ready to be shot when they observed that the security guards had begun to move. To stop them, they had to act quickly, or else there would be casualties.

Stevenson, Grace, and Kurt ran toward the security guards to tackle them and stop their movement immediately before they could pull the trigger.

But then, they saw a piece of paper striking one of the security guards' heads. They were a bit shocked by this scene that was unexpected to them.

They were sure that what they saw was a piece of paper piercing through the back of the skull of the security guard who was just controlled by that woman before. Another piece of paper pierced through their skull.

They stopped for a moment to see who could do such a thing. Stevenson looked to his left and saw a blonde lady in a dress holding a piece of paper in her hands while a book was floating next to her.

The paper went from a flabby and loose condition to a straight and hardened form of the paper itself. As if the material structure within the paper hand changed into something denser.

She threw the piece of paper toward the security guard, and it managed to stick into their heads. She was putting those out of action as fast as she could to stop them.

Stevenson was confused by this scene, there were already a lot of things going on in the span of a few minutes, and there was already another person from another party that was able to do something like that in this situation.

But he didn't think about it much, as the enemy of their enemy is their friend, and any other help taking care of the matter is something that will always be in his book.

As they were about to continue to the room, someone walked out of the door. It was the long-haired woman that they saw before through the polaroid that Iris had given to them.

The long-haired woman didn't have anything in her hand and was completely unarmed. She was confused as to what had happened outside the room and took a quick glance to see what had happened.

Three people were rushing into the room, several guards had been taken control by her friend, a piece of paper went through their heads one by one, and her friend was fighting several security guards in a distance while she was a bit injured.

She had finally understood the situation that she was in now. She started to pull out her arms and tried to tangle the blonde lady with her book.

Her movements were stopped as she was about to throw another piece of paper at one of the guards. She looked at the long-haired woman and suspected that she was the cause since something was preventing her from moving her entire arms.

Grace looked at this, and she took the initiative to start running toward the long-haired woman and dive to pin her down to the ground, completely locking her not to make any move at all.

"Go! You guys go in while I take care of this person!" shouted Grace to Stevenson and Kurt.

Both of them nodded as this was their chance to get past through the intruders. Iris and William had already taken care of one of them, and Grace concentrated her efforts on dealing with the other intruder.

There would only be one person left, and they would face him later once they had arrived in the safe room.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
8