Prologue: The downfall
573 6 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Day 1:

A fleet of 132 gargantuan spaceships suddenly appeared in high orbit, the smallest being 3km long and the biggest being over 10km long, with eight of the largest of them directly above the US, Germany, the UN, Russia, China, India, Japan, and Saudi Arabia.

Astronomers, both professional and novice immediately noticed the anomaly, and despite the efforts of the various governments to issue gag orders, the information spread like wildfire.

People rioted. Governments rushed into action. Militaries were raised into full readiness. Nuclear weapons were armed as mankind awaited first contact.

Three hours after the alien vessels appeared, the UN prime minister issued an emergency meeting via secured channels to discuss this strange and frightening turn of events.

While the world's various leaders bickered and yelled at each other like monkeys in a zoo about what to do, all the servers in the world were suddenly hacked and the tv and radio channels were hijacked.

On every tv screen across the world, the face of a somewhat beautiful yet scarred middle-aged blue-haired woman with a synthetic red-glowing left eye suddenly appeared. The world went to a standstill as she began to speak in a clear voice.

"Greetings, citizens of planet Harelion XK-98 Zeta of the Zynchlar solar system, otherwise selfishly known to you as "Terra." or "Earth.". I am General Maaveola Bollite, commander of the 87th fleet of the Imperial Stellar Navy of the Holy Vrax Empire, the undisputed ruler of the milky-way Galaxy, and the imperium of mankind, under the sole rulership of our most glorious God Emperor himself."

The woman's mouth spoke in an alien language, but what everyone heard was their native language, depending on the country and region, with added subtitles.

The world went silent in shock and horror as the woman continued to speak, her tone growing more commanding and her expression fierce.

"In the name of the God-Emperor, I, General Maaveola Bollite, commander of the 87th Imperial Stellar Navy, hereby lay claim to this world and all of its inhabitants for the Holy Vrax Empire, and I demand your compliance!"

As she finished speaking, the tension skyrocketed to the point where if tension could be converted into electricity, it could power up the world for a thousand years. Humanity stood in absolute shock as they watched the screen, and in the UN Headquarters, nothing but fevered curses and cries could be heard.

"We will give you three days to decide whether you wish to join us or deny us."

With that, the transmission ended. The world began to panic. Leaders all across the world mobilized their militaries completely and began to prepare for the worse. The great nuclear powers of the world stood ready to launch their arsenals as everyone waited for the impending storm as the Vrax Empire fleet approached low orbit.

 

Day 4:

With Humanity not giving a response to this so-called Vrax Empire, they sealed their fates.

While the world was still waiting for the impending response, the 132 ships in high orbit all opened fire, and a shower of blinding orbital strikes struck down many locations across the world, including the major powers of the world, with only major cities and large military bases spared.

As the dust settled down, humanity came to the realization that their greatest defense has been wiped out in the opening shots. All nuclear silos across the world have been destroyed, with the only nuclear response remaining being a few surviving nuclear submarines hidden under the cover of the sea.

Humanity has now been crippled.

Only then did the leaders of the world start to realize the scale of their hubris and tried and negotiate a surrender, but it was summarily rejected.

The scarred and battle-worn female general only gave a single response.

"You had your chance."

 

Day 5:

Private Joe Harvey waited with his unit at Fort Bragg in North Carolina as he prepared to deploy.

This was the real deal. Everyone was still in shock after the loss of the majority of earth's nuclear arsenals but humanity still had faith in their brave soldiers to hold the line and protect them.

As he and his fellow infantry grunts sat and waited for deployment, they noticed something in the sky. At a first glance, it looked like an asteroid, but then the sirens started to blare and they realized that something was off. Joe and his fellow soldiers immediately jumped up and got into cover, thinking that it was another orbital strike.

Little did he know that was worse.

Much, Much, Worse.

They prepared for an ordinate strike to hit them and kill them on the spot in a fiery hell, but instead, all that greeted them was a loud ear-grating bang, followed by a cloud of smoke and cement and metal shrapnel shooting out at hypersonic speeds, almost destroying their cement covers to smithereens.

As Joe got off the ground, his head buzzing and his nose and ears bleeding, all his blurry eyes saw was a massive crater and a dust cloud that rose to the sky. The next moment, he heard a loud voice in an alien language before a bullet accurately hit his skull, blasting it and part of his upper torso into a spray of gore.

"Chosen of the Emperor, CHARGE!"

 

Day 10:

For seven days, humanity tried to fight the foreign invaders as a united front, forgetting all previous conflicts against a common enemy, but to no effect.

In the first three days, all major military bases across the world have been completely demolished, and millions of soldiers lay dead and unburied, prey to the vultures, and the US and Russia had it the worst. The US president and Russian president were both killed in their secured bunker by surgical orbital strikes.

Most naval fleets were destroyed from orbit, and many planes were destroyed before they could even take off.

No matter how hard humanity tried to resist, all was a futile struggle, like babies against fully grown adults.

It was then that the aliens launched their main force into the planet.

 

Day 30:

After 20 more days of struggle, the war ended.

All of the world's political, military, and religious leaders lay dead.

All key areas were obliterated or captured.

All major and surviving intermediate cities were occupied by futuristic soldiers with superior armor, arms, and weapons.

All major communication and media outlets were controlled by the aliens.

All those who directly resisted were executed on the spot.

Most of those who planned or incited resistance were also killed.

The remaining few of those who weren't are actively being chased down and killed, expected to be captured and executed within the next solar month.

Most citizens have been implanted with serial biochips to signify their new and honorable identities as citizens of the empire.

Alien educational and religious figures were dispatched to re-educate and convert the earth's population into the mindset and religion of the Vrax Empire, converting them into believing in the god-emperor of mankind as their sole and undisputed ruler and god.

Five million alien troops and 50 ships were left to uproot and pacify any resistance, while the rest returned to where they came from.

 

Earth has been conquered and pacified.

 

 

Vrax Empire Battle Report:

At least 25.1 million trained savages(regular troops) and 70 million untrained savages (conscripted/volunteer soldiers) were killed. (Estimated that there are at least two dozen million more dead.)

All major strategic and military locations, captured or obliterated.

All major cities have fallen into our hands.

Most of the resistance has been exterminated, with stragglers estimated to be annihilated within a solar month.

Most of the population has been pacified and is now in the process of being indoctrinated into the empire, save for some distant stragglers.

All objectives have been achieved.

 

Casualties:

172 brave soldiers were unfortunately killed in action. 391 more heavily injured, and 586 with light injuries.

We also lost two TK-821 Tanks, a single UM-114 Vulture, and a single Delta-x4 armored transport in several ambushes, above the projected estimate. 

The savages also somehow managed to take down two of the Chosen in an ambush, using an entire arsenal of hidden bombs to commit mutual suicide. Curse them.

 

Summary:

The savages put up a greater struggle than anticipated but were successfully subdued and are in the process of being pacified.

Harelion XK-98 Zeta of the Zynchlar solar system is now ours.

Praise the God Emperor.

 

I have also selected 100,000 random able-bodied and mentally capable candidates via lottery among the local population for SURVIVE, just like the Imperial decree damnded.

I will be leaving 50 battalions and a high-lord governor to watch over Harelion XK-98 Zeta while I return with the rest of the fleet and the candidates back to Holy Terra.

 

Signed,

General Maaveola Bollite, commander of the 87th Imperial Stellar Navy.

11