Chapter 3: Hold it right there!
103 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3: Hold it right there!

Arthur broke the kiss, and stared at the wings in wonder. He reached out, and touched a feather. It was soft, and smelt of apples.

"You are my soul mate," Tagas blurted out. He always enjoyed it when people touched his wings. Most of his brothers disliked being touched on them. Yet, Tagas melted every time someone appreciated them.

"How can you be certain?" Arthur asked. "Did you put something in the food? The stew was the best one I have ever eaten."

"I am glad you noticed. I put magic in. One that reveals things to those who ingest it," Tagas said, and he nuzzled their noses together. "I will never leave you."

"Slow down," Arthur demanded. "You can't make such proclamations to people you've just met. I don't even know what you are!"

Tagas chuckled at the outburst. He took out a feather from his right wing, and placed it in Arthur's hand.

"A gift, it will bring you fortune," Tagas said. "As for this being sudden, angels don't get to meet their soulmates all that often. I am never going to leave you."

"Wow, obsessive much," they both turned around, to see a lanky man in a sweater and black pants approach from the walkway. "Hey, blue wings."

"Do I know you?" Tagas was aware that this man was seeing his wings, yet, he also knew that it was not something his magic and a bit of an amnesia couldn't fix.

"Well, you should. You carried me around bridal style some hours ago. Your big brother gave me a power boost and sent me to guard you," the demon then removed his straw hat, and his horns, now bigger, were displayed for all to see.

"A demon!" Arthur almost yelled, startled. He got behind Tagas, who tilted his head.

"Hey runt," the angel greeted. "How is my big brother?"

"My name is not runt," the demon snapped. "My name is Harold. You can call me Harry, blue wings."

"Well, my name is not blue wings, either. I am Tagas, as you must know if Lucifer sends you," Tagas said with a grin. He had always known his older brother cared about him.

 There were rumors that, as the only angel who didn't spurn the fallen Archangel, he was the blonde's favorite sibling. Then again, he was the favorite of many angels. Perks of being the youngest, and so on.

"Tagas, good name. Anyway, I have rented an apartment in town for the two of us. Last floor, with a view of the entire town and the mountain. Now, if you are done smooching the mortal, we can leave," Harry said.

"I will not leave my soulmate," Tagas snapped, as his arms wrapped protectively around Arthur. "Tell me where to go again, and you are getting an upper cut to the neck!"

"Wow, blue...I mean Tagas," Harry corrected himself, when the angel glared at him. "Calm down now. Your brother said that you should have every comfort, while you are in here. Judging by how pissed off your other brother was, the one in the Greek armor, that will be quite some time."

"I am not leaving Arthur," Tagas was not going to bulge. Not for anything in the world.

"Wait, are you a demon as well?" Arthur asked, now looking at Tagas with fear in his eyes.

"Angel, the youngest," Tagas clarified, hurt that Arthur would fear him. "You have nothing to fear from me, Arthur. I will always love you."

"I think you should go with that man," Arthur spoke. "You are too friendly with a demon, and this is a God abiding house."

Harry let out a giggle at that.

"So, God abiding, that you would throw out an angel?" The demon asked.

"If that is your wish," Tagas spoke, picking up both of Arthur's hands and kissing them. "But I will be back. You will see, in time, that there is nothing to fear from me."

With that, the angel hid his wings, and went to the demon.

"Teleport us, and make sure not to singe my wings," Tagas told Harry, and the demon rolled his eyes.

"Sure, boss," and they were gone. Arthur stared after them for a while, and then touched his lips.

Him? The soulmate of an angel? Of a fallen angel? It was hard to believe. He went back inside, and his mother looked around for any signs of Tagas.

"Where is the little devil?" Beth asked. "Tell me you didn't do something I wouldn't? You didn't chase him away, did you?"

"A friend of his came to pick him up. They...drove off towards the town," Arthur spoke, as he sat down on his seat, and began to eat his stew in silence. "Mother, do you notice anything different about the stew?"

"Yes, it is better than normal. Tell me, Arthur, has the little devil placed different herbs and spices than the ones you wanted? My compliments to his ability with the stove, if he had," she said.

"You are jumping to conclusions, mother," Arthur spoke, as he began to eat the stew again.

"Jumping to conclusions? If your eyes got any wider after just a spoonful of the stew, they would have fallen out of their sockets. I may call him a little devil, but he is a good sort. Albeit a bit overconfident," Beth told him, as she continued to eat.

"He will be back to work on the farm tomorrow," Arthur told her. "I take it you can give him some tasks or the other?"

"You will be the one to give him the task. Arthur Farrell, you will not run away from such a good new start. You need it, to forget that scamp," Beth said, and her expression turned sour.

"It wasn't Audrey's fault that we got a divorce," Arthur tried to defend his ex-wife. His heart was not into it.

"She left a good man like you, and took your kid with her. Now, she is free to be with that scumbag she cheated on you with. Don't you defend her," Beth waved a finger at Arthur, and she looked at the stew again. "If you know what is good for you, you will focus on winning the trial and getting your son back. In the meantime, take the joy that is presented to you."

Arthur remained silent. Audrey had been his great love. They had married the first time back in kindergarten, and she had been true to him as they grew. Then, Sam had come along, and she had left him.  The angel might do the same, all that talk about soulmates aside.

3