Chapter 9: You were send down here for a purpose, Tagas!
56 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 9: You were sent down here for a purpose, Tagas!

Tagas watched as Arthur hugged the two boys. Then, the farmer scooped up Andrew, and twirled him around. Audrey looked on bitterly at that. For, he had given up the search.

Then, Arthur's eyes met Tagas's, and he came to the angel, with his son still in his arms and little Jake trailing behind.

"You returned me my boys," Arthur spoke, breathless and in awe.

"Bringing you joy is my mission," Tagas spoke, a smirk on his lips. Audrey looked between them, and her eyes widened.

"You, and the angel," she began, only for Harry to tap her shoulders.

"Look, don't spread the word, ok? All kinds of weirdos are out there that would like nothing more than to see Tagas here strapped to an operating table. I don't believe I can protect him," Harry told her, and she looked down at her hands.

"You and this man," she corrected herself. "What are you to each other?"

"You left first," Arthur told her, his voice still gentle. "You cheated first. With my best friend, no less."

"I was your best friend," Audrey insisted. It hurt that she had been replaced, somewhere along the way. "And you betrayed me."

"What was I supposed to do? Andrew was gone, the trail was cold. I was in pain too, Audrey," Arthur snapped, and the boy in his hands looked up at him.

"You didn't search for me?" Andrew asked in a small voice.

"I did son. For an entire year, but," Arthur sighed. This was not an easy conversation to have with a five-year-old.

"The granny that found me did so by the river," Andrew told him. "She told me that herself."

"And she had a good heart, to have taken you in," Audrey spoke, placing a hand over her son's cheek. "But you are with me now. I promise to never let you out of my sight again."

"Ok, mommy," Audrey's heart melted at that, and she let out a sob. Stretching her arms, she reached out for her son. Arthur gave her the boy, and he scooped up Jake next.

"Hey champ, long time, no see," Arthur told his second son, who simply stared at him with a smile.

"Well, our job here is done," Harry tapped Tagas on the shoulder. "How about we just go and check up on Beth? Do you think she is still crying?"

Tagas glanced at Beth, who was sitting on the rocking chair on the porch. Looking from afar.

"Doesn't look like it. Come on, we have to say hi," Tagas agreed, and the two of them went to the old lady. Beth smiled at them, and dipped a napkin to her eyes.

"Never have I thought that my grandchildren will both come to this house," Beth said, and she gave out a sigh. "I just hope Arthur doesn't get back together with the scamp. How have you been, little devil? And you, sly devil?"

Harry grinned at the nickname. He placed a hand over Beth's and then took hers and brought it to his lips, which earned him a giggle.

"I am fine, Beth. Have been driving around with Tagas to find Andrew. All the way to New York, in fact," Harry told her, and Beth's eyes widened.

"Who would leave the boy so far away?" She asked, and Harry shrugged.

"We are fortunate that a kind grandmother took him in," Tagas told the woman, and she nodded.

"I will have to visit her grave, some day. Bring flowers for her good deed. As far as I am concerned, she is a part of the family. But those demons that took him...them I will never forgive," Beth all but growled the last part. Her eyes narrowing to slits.

"I don't know where it is, but I can look into it," Tagas offered. He could trace it through Andrew, who had a connection to the old woman. Beth then reached out for Tagas, and he leaned over, so she could hug him.

"I call you a little devil, but you are an angel, in truth," Beth told him, as she hugged him close. Tagas wanted to show her his wings, then. To show her, he was indeed an angel, here to protect her family and make her son happy. A look from Harry got the desire out of his head.

"You are here on this Earth for a purpose, and it is not to work on a farm," Beth continued, as she squeezed Tagas close to herself. "There are many fathers and mothers like those two. With missing children. Help them. Do some good."

Tagas blinked. Does he truly do as she asked? Wasn't it too risky? Some angels liked to come to Earth to heal the sick, but they always masqueraded as born-again priests. He had no idea if he could pull something like that off.

"I'll think about it," Tagas told her, and Beth pointed at the family that was laughing by the car.

"You go to them. You earned your spot with them when you found Andrew. Harry, you stay, I have something to tell you," Tagas nodded, and went to the family of four. Harry looked at Beth, a question in his eyes.

"You are close to Tagas, sly devil," Beth accused. "But he is meant to warm the heart of my son."

Harry grinned.

"He is the youngest brother of my boss," Harry said, and Beth nodded. "My relationship with him is purely professional. My boss will have my hide, if I take any liberties."

"You are a good sort," the words surprised Harry. He was a demon. He never expected to hear them again. "But the way the little devil is looking at my son is good. He will make him happy, as soon as the scamp leaves their lives for good."

"Would you like to get the two lovebirds together?" Harry suggested, a sly smile on his lips. "I'll push them together on my end, and you can push them on yours. Between the two of us, these two boys will have two fathers in no time."

Beth giggled then, a mischievous glint in her eyes. Harry supposed that it meant that she was game.

2