Chapter 20: The morning after
43 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 20: The morning after

The sun shone on three men, who were snuggled in bed. A demon spooned an angel, and the angel was wrapped around a farmer. They all wore just boxers, and nothing else. The summer heat making them not want to wear any of the farmer's T-shirts.

Arthur was the first to wake. He looked at the sunlight that was gently streaming through the window, and blinked. He should have been up hours ago. To feed the animals, to change their water.

The arms that were wrapped around him tightened, and he heard a soft whisper.

"Just five more minutes, Arthur," it was Tagas who had spoken. Arthur turned a little to stare at his face. The angel stubbornly had his eyes closed, and he let out soft puffs of air.

"The animals can't wait," Arthur told Tagas, and untangled himself from the angel. That prompted Harry to pull Tagas even closer in his embrace. The angel turned around, and buried his face in the chest of the demon. Arthur smiled at the adorable sight, and got out of the bed.

Going downstairs, he made a beeline for the bathroom, and took a shower. Then, in only a bathing robe, he went back to the room, and began to dress.

Arthur could feel eyes on him, and he turned around.

"Didn't you two want to sleep more?" He asked lazily, as he pulled up his pants.

"You are ruining the view," Harry muttered. "Why do you have to wear such baggy clothes during the day?"

"I am a farmer, farming is dirty work," Arthur reminded him, and then put on the T-shirt. "Are you two going to help?"

"Sure," Tagas said groggily. "Count us in."

The angel stood up, and snapped his fingers. He smelt fresh then, and he was dressed in clothes similar to Arthur's. Harry stood as well, and did much the same.

The trio went downstairs, only to find bacon and eggs waiting for them before their places at the table. Beth was already sitting, and she sipped her juice glass.

"Arthur, do you have something to tell me?" She asked, the very picture of a disapproving parent.

"We just slept, mother," Arthur told her, as he sat down. "Nothing more."

"Only because Arthur was tired," Harry said with a wink, to which Beth frowned.

"I'll have you know that no son of mine is going to be doing that with someone before the third date," Beth said, and Arthur groaned.

"Mother," he began, but the old woman waved a finger at him.

"When I met your father, it took us until marriage to share a bed, much less for that. You either slow down, or I will tan your hide," Beth spoke, as she kept on waving her finger. "I raised you better than that!"

Tagas let out a giggle at that. So, this was like having a mother? He rather liked it. He looked to Beth.

"Beth, does that mean we have your blessings?" Tagas asked, and Beth sighed.

"As long as you make my son happy," she muttered, and then stared at Arthur.

"Say grace," she commanded, and Arthur clasped his hands. They all copied him, and listened to him as he spoke. After he was done, they took their forks, and began to eat.

Tagas found the food filling, which was good because he had a long day ahead of him. After they fed the animals before letting them out to graze, Arthur had him check up on Anne and the calf.

"I think they can join the herd, now," Tagas said, as he petted the overexcited calf. "She is strong enough now."

"If you say so," Arthur agreed, and the two had the mother and daughter join the rest of the cows and the sheep. More than once, a cow would come to the little calf, and would lick her. Much to the little animal's joy, whose tail was wagging furiously.

"Just like a puppy," Harry mused, and Arthur and Tagas turned to stare at him. "An adorable one."

"You softie," Tagas teased, as Harry rolled his eyes at him.

"Can't I admit that something is cute?" The demon asked, and Tagas let out a chuckle. "You are cute, too, angel cake. Perfectly adorable, what with your dimples and all."

Tagas coughed in his hand from embarrassment, and looked to Arthur. The man was hardy, not cute. He was classically handsome in a rough way.

"Arthur you," Tagas began, only for Arthur to place a finger on his lips.

"I am not cute, Tagas. I have never been," the farmer told him. Tagas shook his head.

"I was going to say you were handsome," Tagas said, and Arthur blinked.

"He does have a point. You are handsome in an honest way, apple pie," Harry said, and Arthur turned to stare at him next.

"I am an ugly duckling next to you two, pretty boys," Arthur admitted, and the two shook their heads vigorously.

"That is nonsense. Come on, what is the next task?" Harry asked. Arthur then led them back to Anne and the calf's enclosure.

"We need to clean it. There is one more cow that will give birth soon," Arthur then took a shovel, and began to muck. The two following soon after. After they placed the new straw on the floor, and changed the water in the tub, they went back to the house for lunch.

Beth had made them some spaghetti with tomato sauce, and the three dug in with gusto. Beth ate at a more sedate pace, but she smiled when her eyes landed on her son.

It was such a great fortune that Arthur had found these two. He had needed a love life, something to warm his days and night. Beth didn't even feel all that peeved that her son wanted a threesome.

As far as she was concerned, these two could make him happy. More than that, they were already making him happy. They could have not come back to the farm, after the first couple of days' worth of hard work, but they have come back. Beth would forever hold them in high esteem for that.

1