Chapter 37: Discovering the double life of Warren
29 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 37: Discovering the double life of Warren

Harry stood before a white walled house, not far from the abandoned building he had just left. The fence was colored white, the walls were white, the roof was red, and the lawn was manicured. If the filth hadn't been panicked beyond belief, he would have thought he had lied about his address.

As things stood now, he was before a dilemma. He could feel two women inside, and three children. The oldest was a girl, around Kristi's age. He was going to be sick.

The demon took a couple of deep breaths, to steel himself. This was going to be hard. He didn't know what he was going to do, if the people inside knew about Kristi. Lose his composure, that was for certain.

He walked to the front door, and knocked. At the last minute, he noticed the blood on his hands. He snapped his fingers, just as he heard footsteps approaching the door, and then he was presentable again.

An old woman opened the door. She was all smiles, and smelt of vanilla cupcakes. Harry tried to smile at her, but it came out strained.

"Hello, is this the Dorrens house?" He asked, already knowing the answer.

"Yes, it is. Warren is not here, at the moment. If you could come by tomorrow, then you can speak with him," the woman lingered in the doorway, and Harry stared in her eyes.

"You will let me in, and answer some questions," the demon commanded, and the woman looked dazed up at him.

"Do come in," she said, as she stepped to the side.

Harry saw a small toddler playing with blocks on the floor in the living room. The child smiled at him, and Harry did his best to smile back. He decided that the living room was not the place to have this conversation.

"Take me somewhere private," the demon told the old woman, and she led him up the stairs. A boy ran pass them, with a toy plane in his hands. Then, he went down the stairs. The old woman didn't so much as flinch.

Harry could sense the girl in her room, or, at least, he thought that was her room. Music could be heard coming from one of the doors, and he looked back to the old woman, who was waiting by a door at the end of the hallway.

He followed her in, and sat on a chair, as she sat on the bed.

"Your son's name is Warren, yes?" Harry asked, and the woman nodded. "Did you know he kidnapped a girl, got her pregnant, filmed her as he did unspeakable things to her, and was ready to rape her child? His child?"

Harry kept the growl from his voice, but it was a tough effort. The woman blinked up at him.

"What?" She asked, shocked. Her shock seemed to be genuine because Harry believed her.

"He is dead, now," Harry said, with more than a little satisfaction. The woman began shaking her head.

"Who are you? Where is Warren?" She asked, the shock getting her out of the spell.

"In Hell, probably on the rack as we speak," Harry told her, and the woman placed a hand on her mouth. "What did he tell you he worked as?"

"He is a wildlife protection agent," the old woman said between sobs. "Did you find the body? Where?"

"In the forest, by an abandoned house," Harry lied. If he told the woman that he had killed her son, then she would begin to scream. "The animals got to him before I did, but there was a name tag."

Harry congratulated himself on remembering that small detail. At the time, he had wondered why the piece of scum had a name tag on his shirt. Now he knew.

"Those things you accused Warren of," the old woman began, shaking her head. "They can't be true. He is a loving husband and father. A devoted son."

"He is scum," Harry said. "Where is his personal computer?"

"In his room," Harry put the woman back under the spell. Not caring that he was hurting her.

"Lead me there," Harry commanded, and the woman stood. She led him to a spacious room, and then left him there. "Go and do whatever you have been doing. Forget about me."

The woman nodded, and went down the stairs. Forgetting all about her son's death. He would be reported missing either way, so Harry didn't feel too bad about what he had done.

The computer was password protected, but Harry had seen the password in Warren's mind. He unlocked it, and waited for it to load. There was a gun on the desktop, with a heart. If Harry could, he would have killed Warren again, for being this corny.

There was a folder named work, that was also password protected. That turned out to be just porn. Harry sighed, and looked further. In the folder named Animals, he saw Kristi's face on a picture.

She looked happier on the picture, and not pregnant. The man must have stalked her for a while. There were also videos. Harry searched them by date, and found that today's videos have already been shared.

He clicked on the one from where they have rescued Kristi earlier, and saw that the cameras had captured everything. Maybe them flickering out of the room could have been explained as camera malfunction, but not Tagas dressing up Kristi with a snap of his fingers.

Harry copied the name of the video, and then opened the Tor browser that was just on the desktop. He pasted the name, and then clicked search. He found a site, a video hosting one, and then opened the comment section for that video.

"What are they?"

"Is the fun over?"

"You should have seen what the red head did to Warren, that was wicked."

They knew.  The sick bastards knew everything. Then, the screen of the computer turned black, and there was a prompt.

"Do you want to play? Moriarty sends you an invitation," Harry snarled at the prompt, and left the room.

1