Chapter 38: A race against time
25 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 38: A race against time

Harry was pacing before the farm. Whoever this Moriarty was, a quick search would show him who Tagas and Harry were. Arthur, Beth, the children, even Sam and Audrey were in danger. The thought that Andrew could go missing again, this time with Jake, and get chained to a bed by some sick bastard gave Harry no respite.

How was he going to tell them of this mess? Normally, when they went on a case, it was a clean-cut deal. They went to the mother's house, got the location, and then went back home. Either successful, as it was in most cases, or downcast.

Never had he imagined that they would get mixed in with the underground world. It was bound to happen, and he had been naive to think it won't. More than demons, witches, and what have you kidnapped children, after all.

Deciding to bite the bullet, he went inside the house. Going straight to Arthur's room, he saw him cuddling Tagas. Harry's eyes softened at that, and he went to the two.

Shaking Arthur gently, he noticed that Tagas also stirred.

"Tagas, the last case is a mess," Harry said.

"You went back to kill the man who did those things to Kristi?" Tagas asked, his voice accusing.

"I tortured him for information and then strangled him with my own two hands, but that is beside the point. Everything was recorded, Tagas. There were fucking cameras in the basement," Harry said, and Tagas's eyes widened.

"What? What basement. Harry, slow down," Arthur said, looking worried.

"We are discovered by a bunch of people on the Dark Web," Harry said, as he ran his hands over his hair. "I got a message from a guy who likes Sherlock Homes a bit too much, and calls himself Moriarty. The smug bastard is from the United Kingdom, and he sent us an invitation to come and play with him."

"Wait, what?" Arthur was still confused. How could this have happened? Hadn't Tagas and Harry been careful?

"We weren't careful," Harry admitted, answering the unspoken question of the farmer. "We went in like we were going in a park. Now, we are discovered."

"Is Moriarty a part of the mafia?" Tagas asked. His knowledge was limited to the mafia. He had no idea what the Dark Web was.

"The international one. They filmed Kristi during the entire nightmare, and Warren, the bastard who tormented her, was going to rape her child, moments after it got born," Harry snapped.

"But that was his child," Tagas looked shocked, Harry sighed.

"You know the worst part? He hid all this from his family. His mother described him as a loving husband and father, a devoted son. The thing has a daughter around Kristi's age," Harry said, and he ran his hands through his hair.

"We need to take out Moriarty, before he acts up against us," Arthur said. He worried about Beth, Audrey and the kids. He could handle whatever was thrown at him, or so he thought.

"First, we need to guarantee that there is protection for everyone in the family," Harry said, and looked at Tagas. "Your brothers can shape-shift as animals, can't they?"

"They can, but I don't know if big brother Michael is going to let them come down," Tagas worried his bottom lip. They didn't have time. There was no telling if Moriarty didn't have men in their town, or their area in general.

"You still have to ask," Harry told him. The demon was not going to ask Lucifer for help. Not all demons were like him. One could decide they were bored, and then do something to those he or she were charged with protecting.

"I will, I need chalk," Tagas stood, and Harry got him the chalk. After Tagas was done making the symbols in the circle, he contacted his big brother Michael first. There was no point in trying to go behind his back, as any angel who needed to come to Earth had to have his approval.

"How are you doing baby brother? Are you tired of living in filth?" Michael snarled, and Tagas had a bad feeling about this.

"I am in a desperate need for help," Tagas told his older brother. "My family is in danger."

"I am your family, so are the rest of the angels. We are in no danger," Michael insisted. Tagas worried his bottom lip.

"My human family. Look, big brother, I need guards for them. Ones that can trail them, unseen. So, I can take down a kidnapping ring," Tagas said, and Michael hummed.

"A kidnapping ring, you say?" The archangel asked, and then gave it a thought. "You take it down, and you can come back home. You will get the guards."

"I don't want to come back home," Tagas blurted out. The farm was his new home. Arthur was his soulmate. Harry was his best friend turned lover. He couldn't lose them. "My family is here."

"You will get the guards regardless, and the offer will still stand," the archangel's voice was softer, but no less stern. "I will send you the best of the best."

"Thank you, big brother," Tagas said, relieved. He looked to Harry, who gave him the thumbs up. The call ended, and Arthur felt a slight tap on his shoulder. He saw a shape, for just a split second, and then nothing.

"I think they are already here," Arthur said, and Tagas nodded.

"A guardian angel for each one of you. Michael knew who I was referring to, when I spoke about family," Tagas assured him. Then, he tilted his head to the side, and heard a whisper. "The children have three angels to guard them each."

Arthur smiled brightly at that. They were in the most danger of getting abducted.

"That is good to hear," the farmer bowed his head towards where he had seen the shape. "Thank you for protecting me."

"Amaliel says you are welcome," Tagas said. Then he turned to Harry. "We don't have much time. As we speak, crimes are being done against children. We have to be fast about this."

1