Chapter 4: Dungeon building
105 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Line the walls with some mushrooms that let out a stream of spores that make those who inhale them fall asleep," Orion kept on listing things on and on. The dungeon was now filled with poisonous mushrooms, exploding moss, walls that moved with such speed that no one could escape them, and much, much more.

"Master says she ran out of mana," the goblin was looking around in approval. Orion couldn't begin to imagine what it was like to be the sole protector of a dungeon.

"Well, I will leave a list and, when her mana regenerates, she can continue," Orion took out a notebook from his bottomless bag and a pen and began listing things.

Acid slimes, to guard the entrance. They were easy to defeat, but that was the beauty in all of it. They will pop, and then shower the adventurers with acid. And, nothing made them different from normal slimes. So, but the time the adventurers figured that something was wrong, they would be dead or as close as.

Piranhas for the still pond, from which the dungeon got its name. Small, bait fish sized ones. Therefore, someone who tried to drink from the water could not see them. Ones that went on a frenzy without the need for blood.

Orion spared the goblin a thought. He added a barrier to be made around the goblin so that he didn't suffer from all the new additions to the cave.

Orion knew that those were all big, expensive upgrades. He left it at that, and handed the notebook to the goblin.

"Consider this a present. It was nice doing business with you," the goblin clutched the notebook to himself, and Orion left, escorted by the light of the dungeon core.

Ossilo was waiting for him, laying on the ground and staring up at the tree's canopy. In the light of the setting sun, the Naga's hair was practically shining. The creature turned his blue eyes to Orion, who grinned and patted his bottomless bag.

"I got you the silk. And an ivory comb," Orion pulled out the comb first. It had butterfly patterns on it and looked delicate. A perfect fit for the handsome Naga.

"I am not a girl," Ossilo replied with a snort. He hated it when people gifted him with girly things. Sure, he was a bit effeminate, but he did his best to build muscle. He had a better-defined six-pack than most of the people who were daydreaming about him. 

"Use it or throw it away, I am not taking it back," Orion said, and he placed the comb next to Ossilo. Then, he began to take out the silk bushels. Ossilo's eyes widened when he saw the white silk.

"Oh, this would look perfect as a robe," he commented, and Orion had to hide a grin. For someone who said that they didn't want to be treated as a woman, Ossilo was sure as hell excited about girly things.

"Do you even know how to sew?" Orion asked. Because, if Ossilo had no idea how to make his clothes, they would need to go to the hag at  the Pine circle.

"I do. It is just that I could not get my hands on fabrics, for a long time," Ossilo ran a hand over the white silk, then looked at the red one.

"Did you get me black silk, too?" Orion pulled out the black silk bushel. Then, he pulled out the golden one as well.

"Have fun sewing. Do you have a bottomless bag?" Ossilo shook his head at Orion's question. Orion began to collect the silk back in his bag.

"I have a couple. When is your birthday?" Orion saw that Ossilo smiled gently at that, almost knowingly.

"I have no idea. I was too young to note the date, and Naga mothers leave their eggs behind just before they hatch," Orion's eyes widened. Just how was it that Ossilo had survived?

"If you don't mind me asking, how did you survive?" Ossilo's eyebrow rose.

"What do you mean, how did I survive? I was dungeon born, like most Naga. The dungeon core raised me," Orion nodded. Well, that explained everything.

"And, why did you leave it?" Surely, Ossilo felt some attachment to their parent figure?

"The dungeon was crowded. And, there were stronger Naga who attracted fewer adventurers. You can't imagine how annoying it is to wake up to a party of five with flowers in their hands and dreamy looks. You know, Orion, I like you. Because you don't treat me like a doll," Ossilo smiled, his dimples showing, and Orion melted inside.

"Well, you are not a pretty trinket. You are pretty, but not a trinket. What I mean to say is, you deserve more respect," Orion felt like he had placed his foot in his mouth, so, he grew silent.

This was a crush, on his part. One that might develop into something more, or could vanish into thin air. He had meant it when he had offered the Naga a partnership. It was by far simpler to think about it that way.

"Thank you. This was the nicest thing someone had ever said to me," Ossilo then went to him and hugged him. Orion returned the hug slowly, and then felt the tail of the Naga wrap around him. Ossilo bent down, so he could whisper in Orion's ear.

"But, if you want to spice up our partnership, I am game," Orion blushed. Horny brat.

"Let us just go meet with the Swan Song," Orion heard the Naga huff, and was released.

They walked for some time, and found a house up in a tree.  A tune played on a harp wafted from it, and Orion knew he was at the right spot.

"Hello! I would like to offer you a partnership!" Orion called, and the music stopped.

"Oh, hello! Do come up. The rope is hanging down," Orion heard, and he went and indeed saw a rope hanging down from the tree. He sighed. Well, the things he did for blood. 

If you enjoy reading this story, please don't forget to leave a heart, which will make it more visible to others. Also, it would be great if you recommend the story to your friends. 

9