Chapter 7: It is raining orders!
75 4 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 7: It is raining orders!

Ossilo worked, dipping his fingers into the bowl with the fairy dust every so often. He was smiling brightly, as he made one small dress after the other. When the sun dipped below the horizon, the Naga had to blink.

When had the time passed him by? He had fun on this day. Dressed and not naked, for once. Being able to make clothes for others. Listening to Ethinir play the harp and sing his lovely songs.

"Ladies, we must close shop," Ossilo told the fairies. "But tomorrow, you are welcome to come back. Remember, we accept only fairy dust."

"We will definitely be back, Ossilo," one of the fairies spoke, as she flew to the Naga, and kissed his nose. "You are the best tailor there is."

The fairies left the waterfall then, and Ossilo relaxed in his seat.

"I say we camp out here," Orion spoke, as the two looked to him. "I mean, the witch will be back bright and early. Plus, I don't want anyone taking off with the stand."

"Out here, in the open?" Ethinir looked around in the dim light. The shadows looked foreboding to him.

"I'll protect you, my snowflake," Orion spoke, and he bent to kiss Ethinir on the head. "And you, Brightest Star."

Orion then kissed Ossilo on the head as well, and went to gather kindling and wood for a fire.

"Well, I guess I can fish something out for our dinner," Ossilo took off his robe, and went to the river. He dived inside, and fish began to fly out of the water and to the banks.

Ethinir collected the fish, so it wouldn't fall back in the water, and he looked around. They had been paid enough fairy dust to buy a village with. Something told the elf that they would get more, in the coming days.

He looked at the bowl with the dust, and went to eat some. His voice, naturally sweet and what earned him his nickname, was now so melodic, animals came out of the forest to listen to him. A doe sat in his feet; a wolf laid by his side.

The whole pack was looking at Ethinir with half-closed eyes. When Orion came back, led by the lovely song, he saw almost the entire forest in the clearing.

"Ethinir, what are you doing?" Orion asked. Ethinir smiled at him, and stopped singing. The animals then left, not one trying to attack the other. Only the doe that had sat in Ethinir's feet remained. Calm and sleeping.

"I wanted to test a theory," Ethinir spoke. "To see if I can't help attract more customers tomorrow, if I eat some of the dust."

"You can charm your way into the royal palace with that voice of yours," Orion said, breathless. "Sing some more, I beg you."

Ethinir smiled, and continued to sing. Orion glared at the animals who tried to come back, and they sat down at the edge of the clearing. This song was for him, him and Ossilo. No one else was going to bask in Ethinir's spell like the two of them. Not tonight.

Ossilo got out of the river, and went to clean the fish. He stole glances at Ethinir, and smiled up at Orion, when he was caught looking.

"He is enchanting," Ossilo murmured. "I dare say that, if he lets me put him in a costume, he would be doubly so."

Ethinir stopped his singing, and tilted his head to the side.

"Costume? What costume?" He asked. He didn't see anything wrong with his clothes. They were standard tunic and pants.

"I can place you in dress pants and a silk shirt that will fit you like a glove. Black pants, red shirt," Ossilo licked his lips. A single wolf howled in the darkness. Then, the wolf whined. Orion grinned then.

"I dare say that your admirers want to hear more of your singing," the vampire spoke, and he nudged Ethinir.

"If that is what they wish," the elf spoke, and he began to sing again. He only stopped when the fish was done being grilled, and then Ossilo, and he ate their meal. Orion watched them, as they took delicate bites out of their food.

The book vibrated, and Orion opened it.

<Congratulation for your first peaceful day. May you have many more!>

"Thank you, system," Orion said, and then watched as Ossilo and Ethinir went to the river to wash up. It was time for his own dinner now. Yet, he was conflicted.

From whom was he to take the blood? Should he help himself to Ethinir for the first time? Was the elf ready for that? Ethinir wanted time above all else. Maybe he should just pull Ossilo to the side, and have his dinner from him?

Ossilo slithered to him, and offered his neck, without waiting for the vampire to ask. Then, much to Orion's surprise, Ethinir pulled down his tunic's collar.

"You will drink from the both of us, and then we are cuddling," Ossilo demanded, as Ethinir sat down next to them.

"Ethinir, do you really want this?" Orion asked. The elf blushed.

"I pledged you my love, so that is what you will get," Ethinir said, and Orion closed his eyes. He bent and kissed Ossilo on the neck, then, he sunk his fangs into his tanned skin. He drank only half of what he needed, and then released the Naga.

"I am asking you for the last time, Ethinir, do you really want this?" Orion asked, moving closer to the elf.

"What are you waiting for? A flying pig! Bite me, already," Ethinir snapped, and Orion took a hold of the elf's arm, and pulled him into his lap.

Where Ossilo's blood was cold, for he was half a snake, Ethinir's blood was warm. Yet, Orion found he liked them both equally. His two lovers, his Brightest Star and his Swan Song.

When Orion was done, he pulled them both in his arms, letting them rest on his chest, on either side of him. Ossilo got a mischievous look in his eyes, and nuzzled Ethinir's nose. Ethinir returned the gesture, and captured Ossilo's lips in his.

Orion sputtered. He wanted a kiss as well. Then, his lovers broke the kiss, and each of them kissed the edges of his lips.

"You didn't think we'd forget you, did you?" Ossilo asked, and Orion blinked at him.

"Our dear vampire is to never be forgotten," Ethinir said, closing his eyes.

Orion grinned, and thanked all his lucky stars that he had found that book. If this was what it felt to be peaceful, then he couldn't wait for the next day to come.

6