Chapter 16: Roads
52 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 16: Roads

Dwarves, with fairy dust on their hands, were making roads in the forest. They were accompanied by fairies, who gave them more dust. Orion waited an entire week, until all the landmarks, apart from the Still Pond Dungeon and a couple of other homes whose owners didn't want to be connected, were connected to the village.

He walked on the cobbled roads, and made it to the village faster than usual. Samuel greeted him by the gate, and let him in without much of a small talk.

Orion made a beeline for the lord's house. He had to give him the news first. Before the traders came into the forest, and badgered the people into giving them their goods.

When the vampire made it to the house, he was let in. Lord Harrison offered him a seat, and they faced off.

"The roads are done. You have my guarantee that no villager will be harmed when they come in the forest," Orion offered, and the lord nodded.

"I thank you. I take it you warned your wizards to stay at home?" Lord Erion asked.

"Why should I? Are they criminals, to have to hide?" Orion snapped.

"It is just that," Harrison began, but Orion just glared at him.

"They will not hide in their own home," Orion was not moved by the pleading look of the lord. "Now, if this is all?"

"Unless you have something else to tell me, it is," lord Erion stood then, and so did Orion.

They shook each other's hands, and then Orion left. Passing by the market, he picked some bread buns from the bakery, and some sweets from the candy stand. Ossilo loved sweets, and Ethinir adored a freshly baked bread bun.

With his loot in his bottomless bag, he went back to the forest. He left the food with Ethinir and Ossilo as soon as he saw them. It was too early for the stand to open. Orion watched as the two shared the food with Simone, and he berated himself for not thinking of getting her something.

Orion went to the chicken coop, and got some grain in his hands. He sprinkled it inside, and watched as the fluff balls ran to catch it.

"You will grow big and strong, and give me plenty of eggs," Orion assured them, and he heard slithering noises from behind. Ossilo came in sight, with Ethinir behind him.

"You haven't fed since yesterday," the Naga told him, as he began to get his robe off himself. "Don't be stubborn now."

"It is better if you can sleep it off," Orion told him, but Ossilo got next to him, and offered his neck.

"It would be better if you are not hungry," Ossilo countered. "Take half from me, and half from Ethinir."

"Fine, as you wish, my Brightest Star," Orion kissed Ossilo on the neck, and then sunk his teeth inside him. As usual, the blood passed easily pass his lips. When he was half full, he looked at Ethinir.

"I suppose it is my turn?" The elf murmured, and then approached Orion carefully. He sat by him, and offered his wrist.

"Ethinir, can I ask you to let me take blood from your neck, this time?" Orion asked, and the elf blinked at him.

"I thought you liked taking from the neck only from Ossilo?" Ethinir asked, and Orion shook his head.

"I care for you as much as I care for Ossilo," Orion told Ethinir, and he held him close, playing with Ethinir's shirt's collar. "Let me show you."

Orion kissed Ethinir softly on the lips, and he begged for entrance. Ethinir allowed it after a while, and the elf felt lips on his neck. From the corner of his eyes, the elf could see Ossilo kissing him there, as the Naga unbuttoned Ethinir's shirt.

"You look like a doll, Ethinir. I love dressing you up. But, do you know what? I love undressing you more," Ossilo murmured on Ethinir's creamy skin. Ethinir's breath hitched in his throat then.

"It is too early for that," Ethinir protested. "Far too early. We barely know each other. It is morning. I..."

Ossilo bit down on the flesh gently, but didn't draw blood. His fangs just applied some pressure on Ethinir's skin.

"And when will it be the perfect time?" Ossilo asked. As Orion watched them, he couldn't help but think that this was the best show the two could have given him. He felt his pants tighten, and he hugged Ethinir closer.

"You are both impossible perverts," Ethinir snapped, and then began to wiggle in their hold. "I won't play along; I'll have you know."

"Are we ugly, Ethinir?" Ossilo asked, looking hurt. "Do you find my tail disgusting?"

"What? Of course not," Ethinir all but yelled. Where was this coming from?

"We care for you, we fell in love with your voice," Orion finally joined in, and Ethinir huffed.

"I am more than my voice," Ethinir retorted, and Orion blinked.

"I didn't mean that you are not," the vampire tried to defend himself.

"Just get a move on. I need to sing the whole day, as usual. Since I am not good enough for anything else, it seems," Ethinir snapped. Orion didn't like taking blood when the person he took it from was angry, but he didn't want to take more from Ossilo.

The vampire moved Ethinir's shirt further down, now that it was mostly open, and bit down on Ethinir's neck without prompting. Ethinir gasped, and clutched at Orion's short cropped red hair.

"I wanted you to take from the wrist," Ethinir protested, when Orion was done. "Why did you take from the neck?"

"Because I love you. You want to do something else, beside singing? Then, we will find you something to do. How good are you with numbers?" Orion asked, licking some stray droplets of blood from his mouth.

"I am good enough, I suppose," Ethinir spoke, not understanding where this was all going.

"Good, then you will be our main accountant," Orion told him, as he stood. Ethinir was soon to follow.

"Are you sure you want to trust me with something as important?" The elf asked.

"You have a good head on your shoulders. I am sure you can do it," Orion told him, and he received a blinding smile in response.

5