Volume 1 Now Available on Amazon!
3.6k 14 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Click here to go to Amazon listing in your region!

Now then, thanks to all of you for your continued support and for reading the series! I wouldn't have made it this far without all of you readers giving me and my stories a chance. Now, after three years of writing web serials and editing this first volume on and off for the past few months, I finally have my first book on Amazon!

Whoo. Yay. (insert cheering noises here)

If you want to read the edited version of the first volume (the first 20 chapters, I'll explain why chapters 21+ aren't included below), it's now available to read on Amazon! I've fixed every single mistake everybody has kindly pointed out as well as many more that nobody--myself included--caught until I proofread the entire thing like 3 times. I'm not going to say it's perfect, I have no doubt that a mistake or two (and hopefully not more) slipped in, but I'm proud of it and the work I've put into it. I can confidently sell the first volume and feel proud of it which is enough for me.

There's also a little bonus sketch to thank everybody for reading at the very end of it in case that helps entice you to check it out! Also, if you buy it, please leave a review! And even if you don't buy it but you've read the series on here, I'm pretty sure you're still able to leave a review! Every single review helps a massive amount on Amazon. So, if you want to support me but you can't afford to buy the book, please consider leaving a review!

Now, I want to explain the whole KU thing. I did, in fact, enroll this series in Kindle Select and I plan on enrolling my other series in it when it comes time to publish them, too. This means that all of my stories will be available to read for free to Kindle Unlimited subscribers, and then I get paid per page read from them. Why did I do this? Well, honestly, because it's just stupid not to if you're a self-published author. If I was one of the big guys making $5,000 a month from my Patreon alone, I probably would have skipped it, but I'll be real with all of you. i need the money lol. I don't like supporting Amazon's monopoly, but I also live in a capitalistic country where I kind of need money to do things, and most self-published authors report making at least 60% of their profit from KU rather than normal sales.

So, what does this mean for free readers? Well, it means that I had to remove 90% of what's included in the first volume from RR, SH, and my personal website. Being with KU means exclusivity. That means you can't have more than 10% of what's published on there available to read anywhere else. So, only the first chapter of the first volume is available as far as that first volume goes. Everything else is fine. Also, you might notice that chapters 21+ for the first volume are still up. That's because I decided to publish the first 20 chapters as the first volume, and then the rest of what's currently labeled volume 1 will be merged with some of what's labeled volume 2 to make the real volume 2 that will go onto Amazon in a few months. I want my published novels to be around 250 pages each. The first two volumes of LDQ, as they were as web serials, were nearly 500 pages each. Way too long for the genre I'm publishing in considering that 250 pages is already considered long for fluffy light novel-type stories. And personally speaking, 250 pages is what I feel is the perfect size for a book. Bigger books scare me.

Also editing drives me to the edge of insanity and cutting the volumes into shorter books keeps me from yeeting myself into the nearest industrial shredder.

Anyways, if you're only like a volume behind or you're already caught up with the series, you won't have any problems. Almost everything is still there and I'm going to continue posting new chapters as they come out to here. No worries there. If you're a brand new reader or you started and stopped in the very first volume and want to continue now, though, then you're going to have to check out the first volume on Amazon (or just skip it I guess). 

That's all for now. I just wanted to explain why I'm going with KU which means removing the earlier chapters of the story, and I wanted to let those of you who are caught up know that you will still have more free chapters coming out. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know in the comments and I'll do my best to answer them!

Also! Physical copies of the books aren't available right now, but I'm going to try and get them available within the next couple of weeks since that's a whole 'nother formatting process to go through and then I have to order a proof copy for myself to make sure it's all good in person before making them officially available for sale.

That being said, I hope that you continue to read the series and hopefully support it on Amazon as well! Remember, even if you haven't bought the book on Amazon, you're still able to go and leave a review for it (I think). So if you don't want to buy it but you want to support me and the series, it would be a massive help if you could do that.

Thanks once again, and please look forward to more Lazy Dragon Queen!

also pls review

pls

i beg u

also buy the book here

21