Chapter 2
8.1k 3 75
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

       Leandria furrowed her brows tightly and inspected her consciousness further and as expected she found the thing she was looking for and it is indeed the system. The system she got is not the type of system that has some sort of interface that helps guide her but it has functions related to handling all sorts of data, in short, it is a sort of Laplace's demon. It can be used in an infinitely different way but it all depends on the user.

            The system can augment the user in doing all sorts of work and it has limited autonomy to make foolproof measures, alerts etc and is mystically linked to the user to sync with the user to work in a more friendly and easier manner. The system can only be commanded by the user and it is not shareable in any way. It was a type of spiritual supercomputer that affects reality in a more brief statement. 

       Next, she went to inspect the cheat skill she got and she did indeed get a cloning skill called a true clone. It was just barebones but it had a lot of potentials. It was an instantaneous technique but the control she could exert on her only clone, for now, is truly abysmal and the saving grace is that she can augment the clone with her system, but the downside to it is that she cannot use the system for herself. 

       The third thing is a special ability, the one that made her sit up on her bed and that is True immortality and it was indeed a blessing from God. Leandra though was not happy with that at all because when the years pass by all but herself will stand in the unrelenting flow of time and it will causing her pain but most of all was that living would become boring and she could not do anything about it. 

       True immortality was not like the fake immortality method developed by the people in this world but a True one where even when her body is obliterated into fine particles, she would reform without any issue with intact consciousness and without any effect on her body. It was truly a cheat skill but she always believed in a balance of things in life, it's like how chocolate becomes really good when there is, sweetness to balance the bitterness and a bit of salt to balance the sweetness and in turn, it makes the chocolate enjoyable. But if that proportion is a lot out of the balance where the chocolate is too sweet, too bitter or too salty or worse yet it's too sweet, bitter and salty all at the same time then it would be a bit hard to even consider tasting the chocolate made from the unholy mixture. 

          It's the same for her with the True immortality state. Even throwing herself at a star would not solve it as she would eventually emerge from the star by outliving it. 

    "Well what can I say but beggars cannot be choosers and so I get to keep what I got" murmured Leandria to herself with a fed-up aura surrounding her. 

           Leandria was an only child of James and Julia hafner. She was a natural-born baby with little to no bio augmentations to her body. Her parents were caring and loving towards her. Remembering some scattered memories from the previous host consciousness, Leandria is supposed to leave for the University of Massalix for Etherial technology and Sciences today itself within the next hour. The old host had prepared everything, including packing and preparations but before leaving she gave up and died. 

          The new Leandria rummaged through previous memories and stood up and went to the bathroom and took a vacuum shower, a technological implementation that can be fitted into bathrooms that vacuums away waste materials in and out of a person's body by calculating the biological responses of a living being. 

         The clothes she wore were a tight-fitting jumpsuit that was fully white with a white jacket that covered her breast and back area. She also manipulated a terminal causing a small machine the size of a football to vacuum away will the blood on her bed. Her room was not much in terms of decorations but it was quite big and highly technical and advanced for someone from the 20th century and if it was only the  Leandria herself she would have been miserable in doing any of these by herself but by controlling the system which scanned the functions of the different machines the old Leandria came in contact with from the already scattering memories and when the new Leandria gave an order the system with the permission of the user controller her body to make it all happen. 

        "The system is really helpful, if I didn't have it with me I would have blown away my cover, it would only be strange for a person who lived for about 20 years in this world to not know anything about basic functions in the house suddenly," said Leandra in a small voice carrying a hint of appreciation for the system. 

          "Lea, honey are you done with all of your preparations" a feminine voice sounded from downstairs. 

"It's mom, she is probably calling to check on me, well its a great day for the original Leandria after all," muttered absentmindedly in low voice after cleaning the blood stains. 

   "I hear you mum and I will be out in a minute " replied Lea 

  For the finishing touch, she went to a vanity mirror placed in the room and was stunned to a stop in body and mind to see a knockout beauty reflecting in the mirror with pale purple hair tied in a neat bun and her exceedingly curvy body with great assets that wouldn't diminish her appeal even when clothed in a full white body suit and a jacket. She wore ankle heel that was also white. Looking at the beauty reflecting in the mirror the now Leandria, who was a man till the last hour, like any man would pop a boner, but in this case, became wet due to her reflection, due to not adjusting to the mentality of a female. 

    Flustered Lea went out of her room and climbed down the stairs into the living room where her parents were waiting for her and hugged them and said "I am ready"

75