Another Hero!?
6.3k 19 124
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Are you sure it's Demi-God and not something else?"

Austin was a little startled upon hearing Luna's calm tone as he didn't expect her to question the credibility of the word; rather, he thought whether surpassing a Hero Class and entering the domain of Gods was even possible?

From what he has learned and seen in the manga, the hero class was sufficient for Kyouki to defeat the Demon Lord. Although it took a lot from the human side to let Kyouki face the Monarch of Darkness, in the end, a hero was destined to slay evil beings.

And since the main motive of a hero was to eradicate the demon lord, Kyouki never grew stronger than he already was at the end of the manga. 

And now, suddenly, this strange woman with a strange background brought a class that was unheard of until now, and not only that, this class was already granted to someone who still wasn't known to the world.

'Is it a secret weapon or something more...?'

Austin was sure that this summoned hero was kept secret from others as a hero surpassing the Light of Humanity, Kyouki, would become the piece of the world's attraction within a night. 

But for Austin, it would not be good. His system recognizes Kyouki as a hero and gives Austin points in accordance with the hero's involvement. What if, the center of focus changes to the new summoned hero and some alteration happens to Villain's System Points Requirement?

It was fortunate that Austin just had to care about his system for this week on a necessity basis. After that, he doesn't care whatever happens.

Akiko, upon hearing Luna's profound query, smiled before she sighed in defeat.

"I haven't seen it myself, but the level of strength and the peculiar mana she carries, is still the most terrifying thing I have ever appraised."

Luna nodded indifferently as it seemed she wasn't much entertained by the answer. What was going through her mind when she heard the existence of a human with demi-god potential, was something she only knew. 

However, on the other hand, Austin has his other worries.

"This person...is she interested in being a hero in the future?"

If things were to change on a scale that he never had thought before, then there were various things Austin needed to prepare in order to keep his life with Luna peaceful in times of possible future events.

"I don't know her intentions as she only spoke, I guess, two or three times to me or anyone else. As I said, she is quite a stern and cold-headed beauty. But there is something which makes me believe that in the future she will shine brighter than anyone."

Luna, who had already lost interest in the topic of any random existence, just took the kettle and helped herself with another serving. Although she pretended to be uncaring, she was thoroughly studying the fluctuating emotions from Austin.

And she didn't have a good feeling about it...

"And what is it Akiko-san?"

Austin asked as his curiosity grew even more.

Akiko knew she shouldn't be telling these many secrets about what was happening behind the castle doors, but in the end, she was a woman who loved gossiping.

She conceded.

"If there is someone I have seen being the most diligent and hardworking despite being strong enough to annihilate hundreds of Terror Demon, then it would be that girl. People think she is working hard so she could counter the demon lord in the future but I believe there is something more to her interest. What my eyes tell, that girl isn't here to help humanity or something like that but to pursue something or someone by becoming strong enough, so she doesn't get restrained."

______________________ 

"Austin."

"Hmm..."

After having some more casual chatting, Luna and Austin left the place before the night sky greeted them both.

The atmosphere already has taken a prettier shade as the stars enveloped the sky like a beautiful blanket.

Walking hand in hand, Luna asked in a slightly anxious tone; even her face seemed to not care about the thing she was going to ask.

"When you heard about the hero summoning, you thought about your sister, right?"

Austin's mind froze for a second as he halted his feet, naturally bringing a stoppage for Luna, too, as she casually looked at him.

Since they were walking on the sidelines and the market wasn't busy as it was in the evening, they didn't bring much attention to them.

Austin was about to ask how she knew about it, but soon he realized that it was useless as if they were now; nothing was left for him to keep hidden from her.

Sighing in defeat, he continued their steps as he confessed the thought that first came to his mind when he heard about the possibility of bringing people from another world.

"Yeah, I thought about her. But soon, even before Akiko-san told us about the impossibility of re-summoning, I concluded it wouldn't be good for me to bring her here."

Luna wanted to believe him, but when it came to the person whom Austin holds dearest to his heart, she just couldn't refrain from asking.

"Even though you love her so much, you still won't look for ways to bring her here?"

Luna was sure that she would do her best to stop any possibility of summoning Austin's sister to the world where Luna had already claimed Austin all for herself. But she wanted to know his thoughts.

She knew Austin's answer would break her heart, and she was prepared for it. But little did she expected that Austin would respond to Luna's anxiety in such a manner.

"Well, even if I get the chance to summon her, I won't do that. First, I don't want to pull her into a place where these many dangers are roaming. And second..."

Saying so, he halted their steps as he turned himself toward Luna, making the latter quite flustered.

Tucking her free fallen hair strand behind her ear, Austin held her cheek as, while directing his gentle gaze onto her, he whispered his honest thoughts.

"...I don't want the love I hold for you to be divided. She indeed is a precious person to me, but you, Luna. You are and will be the only one whom I can love, and this fact won't change, whatever happens."

(A/N:- Flag?)

_______________________ 

A/N : Austin is aware of his good sister's feelings toward him. That's why he said what he said.

Drop a comment.

Editor : Zenon #4120

124