Chapter 11: The guild girl
1.1k 7 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"... Another fallen adventurer. The only fate of adventurers who take refuge in the adventure is an eventual failure."

Muttering, the girl crumpled the sheet of paper where the adventurer's condition was written.

The girl had thin, pointed ears. Her eyes were a beautiful emerald color. Shimmering, her silky hair waved down to her shoulders. She had the appearance of an elf, yet she lacked what those types of elves had that seemed to look at the world with arrogance.

Her curvy, slender body was hidden behind a black vest and pants of the same color, accentuating her appearance.

This girl, named Eina Tulle, was actually half-elf and half-human. Anyone close to her would notice that, unlike the other elves, she was pretty approachable, which was also why she worked as an administration advisor within the Guild.

"Is it really that hard to understand?"

"Nee~ Eina~, why are you so depressed?" A short girl with pink hair and eyes jumped up and stood near Eina, looking at her face, who seemed depressed about something.

"M-Misha, why are you here? Shouldn't you still be on vacation?"

"Ohoho, I see, I see. It's about a man, isn't it?" The girl nodded and commented as if sudden enlightenment had struck her.

"N-no, I mean yes, but it's not what you think!". She hastened to reply with her hands waving in front of Misha's face, not caring that her friend had ignored her.

"Hehe, isn't that what they always say when they catch him red-handed?". She nodded in understanding with her eyes shining slyly and with a thumbs up as if she had been enlightened with the truth of the world; she continued, "Don't worry, Eina, after all, you're at that age now, we'll support you!"

A throbbing vein appeared on Eina's forehead, "You!"

Seeing Eina's menacing look and smile, Misha's smile froze, and she quickly cleared her throat, "So, are you feeling better now? I know what's bothering you, but as a good friend, I don't like to see you depressed at all-".

After Misha's sudden silence, the once-bustling and lively room fell into a deep silence as if everyone had agreed beforehand.

"Misha? Hey, what's wrong? Are you okay?" seeing her friend, with a dazed and dumbfounded gaze towards the door, Eina waved her hand frantically in front of her eyes to get her attention.

Misha suddenly moved, without saying a word or even glancing at her, grabbed the face of a surprised Eina, and turned her sharply to the side.

"E-Eina, is what I see an illusion? Yes, yes, that must be it!"

The pink girl stammered, and in the end, she practically couldn't hold back her scream.

Just as Eina was about to scold her friend, her eyes caught the most beautiful existence she had seen so far. Like everyone else present, she wondered if it was some god of love before dismissing such an idea from her mind.

The appearance of the boy who entered through the guild door completely eclipsed the gods.

The boy's gait was graceful, and he carried with him an aura worthy of nobility that could only belong to a King; added to that, the boy had an unusual but sharp aura as if he was the embodiment of a sword. Along with the unique but extremely attractive golden hair that stood out from the crowd, the slight smile on the handsome face only increased the boy's charm to new heights.

However, the clothes he was wearing...destroyed it all...

A comfy, loose-fitting white pajama set with a cute panda bear embroidered in the middle... It was cute, but it completely counteracted the nobility surrounding the beautiful boy.

However, despite admiring his otherworldly beauty, people let out a sigh of pity and regret inside when they saw what he was wearing; apparently, they thought the boy was handicapped.

Soon, the adventurers and guild counselors began to mobilize again as they began to murmur among themselves about the boy heading to the counter where Eina was.

Eina quickly pulled herself together to look at a still stunned Misha. She raised her hand and, forming a fist, brought it down sharply.

"Kyahu?! Why was that, Eina!" cried Misha with tears threatening to fall from the corners of her eyes, and she clutched her head, sore from Eina's furious punch.

"Behave yourself, Misha."

Ignoring her friend, who had her eyes on the handsome boy walking toward them, Eina sighed and lifted her glasses as she turned her head towards the boy.

"Welcome to the Adventurers Guild. Is there anything we can do for you?". Greeted Eina with a professional tone.

"Yeah, good morning, beautiful ladies." The boy arrived in front of the counter and gave them a soft but beautiful smile that easily hurt some of the girls present critically.

"Wawawa, beautiful, hehehe...". Upon receiving such a compliment from the beautiful boy, the top of Misha's head exploded, and a slight smoke shot out as she shook her head, trying to shake the indecent thoughts out of her head.

"Sigh~ Misha, you really are a basket case...". Eina looked at her as if her friend had lost her mind.

"I feel sorry for my friend. Sometimes she gets her blood rushing to her head too much...".

The boy merely shook his head with a wry smile and looked back at the half-elf, "Well, I hear you can sign up here to join the adventurer's row, can't you?"

"Of course...". The girl nodded naturally but before continuing-

"Wait! Don't tell me you want to be an adventurer?!". Her professional smile hardened, and her gaze threatened to bore into the boy's body.

"Hmm? Sure, I came here for that purpose. Is there something wrong with that?" Cocking his head to one side, the boy questioned with some confusion.

"Of course, everything you said is wrong! Don't you know the situation you're in? With your disability, it is absolutely, ABSOLUTELY, impossible to become an adventurer!".

"Fuah!" At Eina's hysterical cry, Misha startled like a startled cat.

The boy's lips twitched a couple of times as he felt the gaze of several adventurers on him and some mocking comments that couldn't be missed, "Is that kid serious?", "Looks like he's not only blind but missing a few screws in his head" or "Another newbie who thinks the dungeon is a playground. I'll be thankful if that pretty face gets banished by the monsters, though."

Realizing her mistake, Eina's countenance changed, and she quickly bowed to the boy, "I'm so sorry! I stepped out of my role by sticking my nose into the matter. But still...".

"Wait, I think you're misunderstanding something," the boy interrupted as he saw that Eina didn't want to retract her earlier statement, "If you think I'm blindfolded because I can't see or something, you're wrong."

"Th-then why are you wearing it?" asked Misha curiously. She couldn't take her eyes off the boy's face - why would he hide his eyes from the public? That was what she thought.

"Of course. I have my own reasons for wearing it."

Eina couldn't believe it, so she shook her head and continued, "Then, can you show us your eyes? Before that, you can't agree to be part of the adventurers."

The boy was already expecting it, so he nodded toward her.

"Naturally, I know what you mean, but even so, I can't show my secrets to strangers. Unless..."

"Unless...?" Repeated Eina, waiting for him to continue.

The boy smiled and leaned his body on the counter, "If you become my advisor, I have no problem showing it to you; how about it."

"W-uh! Wait...".

Before she could finish her words, and to the surprise of the onlookers, the boy grabbed the girl's chin and brought his face close to her with a charming smile, "Do you accept?".

"Yes...". Eina nodded meekly.

"..."

The entire room fell into stony silence. The men's jaws actively seeking Eina's attention were on the floor.

"Eina was just blackmailed...".

"Yes...".

"I wouldn't mind taking Eina-sama's place, though. I mean, sacrificing myself for her....".

"Me too!"

"We can't allow Eina-sama to be taken by the devil's claws!"

Here you can support me and get up to 10 advanced chapters :3

www.patreon.com/TianXian

38