Chapter 21 : I was kinda Bored …
6.3k 17 83
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On top of the 7th Level, two shadows can be seen crawling on the stairs.

 

The one in the lead was Mei Mingzhu, and only two steps behind her was Wang Shui. “Junior Sister Mingzhu, you’re almost there! Just five more steps!”

Wang Shui had his whole body drenched in sweat; his face was pale. “Yes!”

Mei Mingzhu was not any better; her drenched clothing revealed her excellent body shape.

 

Although it was only five steps until the 8th Level, each step was like crossing the sea by swimming, while the next one was an even bigger sea.

 

Everybody was paying attention to these two and ignored the lower Levels. “They’re almost there! There are only five steps left for Fairy Mingzhu!”

“What do you even know? These five steps are even harder to reach than the past Levels added together…”

 

“There are only a few hours left, do you think they’ll make it?” “What are you thinking, of course, they will.”

“I’m not so sure about Wang Shui, but Fairy Mingzhu will be able to.”

 

All the people watching were chitchatting nonstop about these two on the top until…

 

Someone screamed with a shocked voice, “Hey! Look at that!” He pointed to a shadow that was currently flying towards the 5th Level.

 

“What! Who’s that?!” “What’s with that speed?!”

“He’s… Every step he takes, he goes up by 100 steps…” “Ahhhh! He just leaped 500 steps! Is he even human?!”

“Oi! How can you even call this climbing? He’s fucking flying already!”

 

"Who the hell is this dark horse?!"

 

The spectators were shocked silly. What does it mean to skip steps?

 

Each step will increase the pressure on you. If you skip one step, that means you’ll have to endure both step’s pressure at once. Geniuses only did this at the lower Levels where the pressure was nothing to them, but who the hell is willing to do it after the 2nd Level? That’s just wasting their strength, which means they’ll have less chance reaching the higher floors. Even Mei Mingzhu and Wang Shui could only skip steps until the 3rd Level.

 

But that’s not even what scares them. The scary part is the fact that even if geniuses skip steps, they can only skip around 5 to 10 steps. But this ghost over here was jumping well over 100 and at the 5th Level too!

 

“My Heavens! He’s still skipping steps on the 5th Level! And it’s increasing not decreasing!” “Can someone slap my face to see if I’m dreaming or not?!” Someone asked.

 

*SLAP!*

 

 

“Fuck! That freaking hurts! I said slap but not that hard!” He regretted it. “Ahhhh, he’s already on the 6th Level!”

 

* * * * *

 

 

In the sky, the three Sect Master were sitting down and drinking tea, ignoring what was happening at the Stairway to Heaven already.

 

“Old Jian, when are you going to breakthrough to the Saint Realm? You have been  a Peak Ancient Immortal for ages already.” Zou Guo made fun of him.

 

“If it’s so easy to breakthrough, then why don’t you do it huh? Oh right, you just became an Ancient Immortal…” He sneered.

 

Zou Guo coughed, “Ahem, Sister Ruogang, you’re already so old, when are you going to get married?”

 

He changed the topic instantly…

 

“Hmph, is it your business if I marry or not?” She hated it when people mention her age and relationships.

When she was young, all she did was focus on Cultivation and ignored any relationships.

 

But now that she’s old, despite her young looks, nobody dares to court her…

 

“Sister Ruogang, if nobody is willing to accept you, my arms are wide open…” Zou Guo said half seriously.

 

“Hmph, you horny old bone already have ten wives, yet you still want more?” She sneered in disgust. Cao Jian’s ears twitched and said, “Hey, isn’t it terribly loud down there?”

“Ah, probably one of these two have already stepped on the 8th Level.” “Let’s go see who it is.”

Then they activated their Divine Sense and looked at the Stairway to Heaven.

 

But when they did, all three of them stood up simultaneously, and tea glitters down the sky. “I-impossible!”

“W-who’s that?” “M-monster…”

The three of them were so shocked that they almost forgot who their own mother was.

 

 

* * * * *

 

 

At the top of the 7th Floor, Mei Mingzhu and Wang Shui are currently inhaling deep breaths and prepared to step onto the 8th Level.

 

“J-junior Sister Mingzhu, we’re finally here! Just one more step!”

 

Wang Shui didn’t forget to encourage his Junior Sister despite being exhausted himself. Mei Mingzhu was too exhausted even to reply and nodded her head…

 

* * * * *

 

“Haaa, I already somewhat expected this but really?... I don’t feel a god damn thing!” Shen Tian grumbled to himself while breezing through the stairs.

He was expecting at least some sort of surprises. However, he was betrayed by his anticipation. He doesn’t feel even the slightest bit of pressure at the 7th Level.

 

“…”

 

He flew past everybody like a bird while looking at their dumbfounded faces. He even saw some people cry and then break their talisman.

 

After a while, he stopped seeing people and started to turn bored, so he began skipping even more and more steps.

 

He was bored as hell right now. He could’ve even jumped straight from the first Level to the Peak if he wanted to. But what’s the point of that?

 

“Oh! There’s still people ahead.” He saw two figures sitting in the lotus position, and they were only one step away from the 8th Level.

 

He stopped right behind them.

 

 

* * * * *

 

 

Wang Shui was currently recovering his Spirit Power and was preparing the take the last step. Even though he still feels the enormous pressure on him, it was enough to heal a tiny bit.

 

But then suddenly, he heard something behind him.

 

“Impossible, who else in Immortal Realm besides us can reach here?” He doubted his hearings.

 

But the next second he heard it again. This time he heard it clearly. It definitely sounded like somebody landed right behind him.

 

Mei Mingzhu turned her head to look at him, and he did the same… They both looked at each other with a confused face.

 

“Who is it?” They both thought.

 

Wang Shui bit his lips and turned his head a bit more to look behind him, the next second his mouth dropped wide open.

 

Mei Mingzhu was bewildered at his expression and felt somewhat scared to look too. But she too bit her lips and turned.

“…..” Her eyes went wide, and her mind reeled. She now regretted looking. An ordinary looking boy was standing behind them.

He had a calm expression, and not even a drop of sweat can be seen on his face. It looked like he was walking in a park, and not climbing the Stairway to Heaven…

 

Her mouth moved by itself and asked, ” Y-you are?” He smiled and said, “I am called Shen Tian .”

Wang Shui still in shock, asked stupidly, “W-what are you doing here?”

Shen Tian had a confused face, “Obviously climbing the Stairway to Heaven, what else would it be?” Wang Shui’s face turned red from embarrassment.

 

He asked such a dumb question from shock. Of course, he was taking the challenge, what else would he be doing?

 

But because he looked like he was taking a stroll in the park and not the challenge, he blurted it out by accident….

 

“Where did you come from? How come I have never heard of someone named Shen Tian ?” Mei Mingzhu asked with an exhausted tone.

 

Shen Tian said, “I’m just a passerby. I became curious after seeing you two when I was alone for awhile… You see… I was kind of bored.” He giggled.

 

Both Wang Shui and Mei Mingzhu almost splurted blood they felt an invisible force hit their pride.

 

“B-bored?! You’re in condition to be bored?! Fuck!” Wang Shui wanted to cry but had no tears. “I won’t bother you two any longer. Good luck!”

Shen Tian no longer loitered around and flew past them into the 8th Level. “Good luck?! You’re wishing us good luck?! Fuck you!”

Wang Shui became angry and felt an invisible power grow inside of him. He stood up and took a step forward, stepping onto the 8th Level.

 

“…..” Mei Mingzhu wanted to cry but had no tears.

 

She was supposed to have the honor of being the first one to step onto the 8th Level in the past 1,000 years. However, somehow a random boy came out of thin air took that away in a split second. And now her Senior Brother took away her second place?!

 

Her eyes turned watery, and her body’s temperature raised. She was angry and used that anger to take a step forward, becoming the third one today to step onto the 8th Level.

 

83