Chapter 50 : Sect Master
3.9k 4 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

It was the same person Shen Tian had met with when he had gone to the Xi Clan to sell his Pills, the Patriarch of the Xi Clan.

“This Junior Brother Shen! We meet again and faster than I thought.” He smiles and walks to him.

Xiao Heng and Chan Jingyi walks out into another room, leaving these three inside alone.

“Oh? That cute goose is your contract-beast? I have not seen her before.” He notices the goose sitting on his lap.

“This is Feng Yue, you have had already met with her before”

“Hello,” said Feng Yue

“Ahhhhh! This is senior Feng? But she is clearly...! “ then he remembers that Shen Tian might be from the spirit realm so he concludes that it possible for him

“Ahem! Young master Shen pardon me for my rudeness!” the patriarch of the Xi family coughed embarrassedly.

“...........”

“Alright! Young master Shen as you have known let me introduce again myself, I am the patriarch of Xi Clan and also the 99th sect master of the Extreme Martial Sect” the Sect master of Extreme Martial Sect stated with pride.

“Okay...”

“..........”

The sect master had expected Shen Tian to be somewhat surprised not this reaction.

*cough* * cough*

“Ah, back to the main topic. I wasn’t aware that master Shen would be a disciple in my sect but when I heard about an average boy with name Shen Tian present in my sect, I concluded it was you and rushed here” He said.

“Un.” Shen Tian nods.

“Aiya, if I had known before? I would’ve instantly made you a Core Disciple!” He laments in joy.

“That no need I have already become an inner-disciple with my own merit !”

“Young master Shen is sure amazing, but young master Shen, please accept this humble one’s request to be the core disciple!!!”

“..........”

“Ah! Alright if you say so... but Sect Master, I have a few things I want to say "

“Oh? Sure, go ahead. I am all ears.” He sits down next to him.

“One, although I am a disciple here, I might not stay here always. I might be gone in a year or even the next day. Is that fine with you?”

“….”

The Sect Master’s eyes went wide from that. He was going to join but not for long… Wait.

“That does make sense… Okay.” He agrees.

Obviously, he can’t stay for long. He’s from the higher Realm, and someday he will have to go back!

He was already lucky that he even joins them in the first place…

“Second, I don’t want any special privileges. I would become a Core Disciple but would stay here in this outer court and be treated as such.” Shen Tian continues.

“You want to stay here?!” He was shocked.

Why did he want to stay in this outer court?

Although they are treated pretty good, it was nothing compared to being a Core Disciple’s court!

“That’s fine with me, but why stay in Outer Court ?” He asks him with curiosity.

“I like the atmosphere here better. It’s noisy but in a good way. I want to talk to more people; they don’t stay inside to Cultivate all day after all.”

“….” The Sect Master was speechless by his reason!

It was only because he wanted to talk while drinking tea?! He did not like being staying at the Inner or Core disciple Courtyard because it was too quiet and he has no one to talk to?!?

“That’s fine… Anymore?” He nods his head.

“No, that’s all”

“Ah, I also have a question.” The Sect Master asks.

“What is it?”

“Why join my Sect and not others? Why even join a Sect in the first place? You’re so powerful, are you not? You can even make your own Sect if you wanted to.” He asks him.

“I chose your Sect because I like the feeling here, not to mention the disciples. Although there will always be a few bad apples, I don’t mind. As for why I want to join a sect… I have no idea! I just thought that it would be fun!” He said.

“F-fun?” The Sect Master was dumbfounded. Does he join a Sect for fun? Are you that bored?!?

“Okay, then what about your master? All  Disciples need to have a master. Ah, I forgot that you don’t need one.” He asks him.

He almost forgot that he was from the upper realm again. Most teachers are Spirit Realm 9th steps and some in Origin Core realms. How will they guide someone who’s stronger than them?

“Master?” Shen Tian’s eyes went wide.

He did not know what it was like to have a Master because he has only been taught by his mother.

A Master? He does not care even if it was a Mortal! He wants one!

His heart starts to pound from excitement, and he shows a bright smile. “I want one! How do I choose mine?!” He asked excitedly.

“Uh…” The Sect Master did not expect him to be so excited.

“So how do I choose my master?!” Shen Tian asks again.

“Well, there are two types of teacher you can choose.” The Sect Master starts explaining. “The first type is the professional ones who have been teaching for many years.

Their ways of teaching and how effective they are is already well known. They all have many disciples under them and will guide them all at different paces.

The second type is the ones who are new as a teacher, and they have little to no disciples under them, at least until they prove themselves and grow in popularity.

If you want a more lively environment, you should choose the professional teachers. Many talented disciples tend to go after them because they know that they will Cultivate faster under their guidance.

As for those who have little talent, they will go to the newer teachers to make a gamble and see if the teacher can guide them effectively.

But in your case, it does not matter. So which type will you choose?” He finishes explaining.

“….” Shen Tian closes his eyes to think.

“I don’t know! I’ll have to go and see for myself.” He finally said.

“Is that so? Good. Tomorrow there will be Master Selection held for all of the newer disciples. I’ll lead you to go look for a Master before I leave you alone.”

The Sect Master did not want him to choose the wrong Master…

“Un. Thanks.” He thanks him.

The Sect Master leaves

********

Right after the Sect Master leaves, both Xiao Heng and Chan Jingyi came inside.

“How was it? Are you a Core disciple now?” Xiao Heng asked him.

“Yes.” He nods.

“Great! Now we will see each other more often.”

“Also thanks again for your help yesterday, actually the leader of the sword group was an inner court disciple who was admitted at sect at the same time as me but I was able to become a core disciple but he couldn’t so he had held a grudge all this time! And the sect master has personally punished him”

“it’s alright”

..........

“Hey, want to spar sometime? I have nobody here except Junior Sister Jingyi to fight here and I learned from sect master that you are quite powerful…” Xiao Heng suddenly asks him.

He is the strongest disciple within the Sect, and nobody dares to spar with him.

But now that there’s this monster here, although he knows he will lose, he will at least gain some insight.

“Are you sure? I won’t go easy.” He smiles.

“Are you trying to kill me?!” Xiao Heng did not get angry and laughs.

“Junior Brother Shen, where will you be living? Are you going to be close to us?” Chan Jingyi asks.

“No, I’ll be living in the Outer Court.” He answers.

“What?!” They were both shocked.

Outer Court? That’s the place where the Outer Court Disciples lives at!

“I want to live here.” He explains.

“Why?! The Spirit Power is way better in the Center because we are right on top of the Spirit Vein!” Xiao Heng asks.

Nature’s Spirit Veins, born with time and builds up with Spirit Power. They are like vast roots underground with a massive amount of Spirit Power in it, and it gathers the Spirit Power in that area faster.

The bigger and richer the Spirit Veins are, the more people will fight for them.

They are used as a foundation for every Sects and Family. The Spirit Veins as the Root and the Sect or Family as the Tree.

Without a Spirit Vein underground, Spirit Power will not gather around your area faster, and you will not be able to Cultivate as efficient as those who have one.

Sects and Families are ranked by the Spirit Veins they have first, then their Strength as a whole next. If you have no Spirit Veins, you’re in the Low Class.

With Spirit Veins, you’re a Middle Class.

With Spirit Veins and a decently Strong Sect or Family, you’re a High Class.

“Because it’s too quiet. All you people do is Cultivate and nothing else.” He said. “Then are you not going to Cultivate?” Chan Jingyi asks him with a weird face.

“Cultivate? Me? Hahaha.” He starts laughing.

“W-what’s so funny?” She asks him with a frown.

“Ah, I am not laughing at you. Forget about it.” He smiles.

If he Cultivates in the Mortals Realm, he’ll definitely be cursed to death for stealing all of the Spirit Power!

“….” They were both speechless.

41