Chapter 263. Forgotten Chapter VII
312 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Seven Sins System Chapter 263. Forgotten Chapter VII
Mom's raised eyebrow conveyed her skepticism, her expression mirroring the doubt that lingered in her mind. "A pet, huh? You don't seem like someone searching for a pet. What's really going on, El?" she questioned, her tone filled with a mix of curiosity and concern.
El's shoulders slumped, and he cast his gaze downward, his voice filled with disappointment. "My pet... she's gone. She doesn't want to play with me anymore," he admitted, the weight of his words hanging in the air.
Mom's expression softened as she processed El's words. She recognized the depth of his sadness and knew that there was more to this story than a simple desire for a pet. Without hesitation, she decided to sit beside him, offering her presence as a source of comfort.
"Tell Mommy. What is she? A cat? A crow? A bat?" Mom playfully guessed, trying to lighten the mood and coax El into opening up.
El hesitated for a moment, unsure of how to express his feelings. But he knew deep down that he could trust his mother, even with his most vulnerable secrets. With a deep breath, he mustered the courage to answer. "A human..." he finally admitted, his voice barely above a whisper.
Mom's eyebrows furrowed in surprise, her curiosity piqued. She hadn't expected El's answer to be a human. But she reminded herself to keep an open mind and give El the space to share his experiences.
"I see..." Mom responded, her tone calm and nonjudgmental. She could sense that there was more to the story, and she wanted to understand. "What have both of you been doing?" she gently probed, encouraging El to reveal the nature of his relationship with the human girl.
"We did a lot of things. We played together, climbed trees, and she even sang for me," El responded, his voice heavy with sadness. He clung to his legs, seeking comfort in the familiar gesture. "But now she's gone..." His voice trembled with a mixture of grief and longing as if the absence of the girl had left a void in his heart.
Mom listened attentively, her heart aching for her son's pain. She knew that dealing with mortals could be complicated and often ended in disappointment. With a soft and calming voice, she tried to console El. "El, listen to Mommy," she said, her tone gentle but firm. "Remember what Mommy always told you about mortals? They can't be trusted."
"And besides, my little devil, you're not yet strong enough to make a human your servant," Mom continued, her hand tenderly stroking El's hair. Her touch was filled with warmth and love, a silent reassurance that she was there for him.
El turned to his mother, his eyes filled with a mix of hope and despair. "But she said it herself, Mom," he said, his voice trembling with a hint of desperation. "She wanted to be my friend forever." The disappointment in his tone was evident, as he struggled to understand why their connection had faltered.
Mom sighed softly, her heart aching for her son's sorrow. She reached out and gently placed a hand on his shoulder, offering a comforting touch. "Sometimes, El, things don't work out the way we want them to," she explained in a gentle and understanding tone. "The contract between you and her may not have been strong enough.”
El's shoulders slumped, his gaze shifting downward as he absorbed his mother's words. It was a bitter realization, one that pierced through his heart. "I see..." he muttered, his voice heavy with disappointment. He turned his gaze ahead, staring at the empty space in front of them, lost in his thoughts. "So because Riri is not my pet, she left me..." His words trailed off, carrying the weight of sadness and longing.
Mom held El even tighter, her arms wrapping around him in a protective embrace. She gently wiped away his tears, her touch comforting and soothing. "Don't cry, El," she whispered softly, her voice filled with a mix of tenderness and strength. "A powerful devil like you can't let tears flow so easily. Remember what I've always told you, mortals can't be trusted. They are deceitful and often driven by their own selfish desires."
El sniffled, his emotions still raw and overwhelming. His disappointment and confusion were evident in his expression and his trembling voice. "But why, Mom?" he managed to choke out between sobs. "What did I do wrong? Why did she leave me?"
Mom's heart ached for her son's pain. She gently brushed his hair with her fingers, trying to soothe him with her touch. "Oh, my dear El," she murmured, her voice filled with compassion. "You didn't do anything wrong. It's not about you, it's about their nature. Their hearts are fickle, and their loyalty is fleeting. It's in their very essence to prioritize their own interests above anything else."
El's tears continued to flow, his disappointment and sadness pouring out with each sob. He struggled to understand the complexities of human emotions and their unpredictable ways. "But I thought we had something special, Mom," he managed to say, his voice trembling with vulnerability.
For a few moments, silence enveloped the scene, allowing the weight of their emotions to settle in the air. I watched, my heart aching, as El longingly reached out to his mother. The longing for my own deceased mother stirred within me, reminding me of the sacrifice she made to protect me. Without thinking, I took a hesitant step forward, extending my hand toward her form. But as my hand passed through her, a sharp pang of grief shot through me, a painful reminder of the intangible barrier between us.
I slowly withdrew my hand, my eyes fixed on her, unable to find the right words to express my longing and sorrow.
After a while, Mom broke the silence, her voice filled with a mixture of concern and determination. "It's time to go home, El," she said, her tone filled with authority. "We need to leave this dirty place behind. If you want a companion, we can find you one, but it must be anything but mortals. They are the worst choice for pets or companions."
El nodded.
With a determined expression, Mom rose to her feet, and El followed suit, their hands clasped tightly together. As they prepared to enter the portal, Mom's words carried a sense of warning and determination. "The next time you venture into the mortal realm, El, it won't be to befriend them, but to confront them in battle," she emphasized.
El's response was resigned, yet determined. "Yes, Mommy," he replied, his voice tinged with acceptance.
As they stepped through the portal, I caught a glimpse of El's gaze fixed upon the mortal realm one last time before the portal was sealed shut. However, this time, the longing and curiosity that once filled his eyes had been replaced by a profound disappointment. It was clear to me now that El had closed the chapter on his interactions with mortals.
Note: Now, you know why Azrael likes to say “Heh, mortals”.

Author note:

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/535517/seven-sins-system/

If you want to support me and read advanced tier more than 90 chapters Visit My Patreon-page

Join my discord server for more images.

Like it? Add it to your collection XD

Don't forget to vote ~

10