Chapter 5. First Quest
6.3k 9 142
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seven Sins System Chapter 5. First Quest

"So what's the deal?" I said. My back rested casually on the back of the seat. My eyes fell on a group of teenage fox girls chatting on the sidewalk. Then I shifted my gaze to a bunny woman who was buying ice cream with her child.

This was my first time in the mortal realm after the war hundreds of years ago. So I found the scenery quite interesting.

Indeed, the mortal realm was not much different from the shadow realm. But their appearance was something else.

"Before that, how about using your seat belt first? I don't want to get a ticket," Carl replied with an awkward smile.

Without saying anything, I fastened my seat belt and turned to him.

"Um... So, where should I start?" he said timidly.

"Tell me why you made a contract with my father and what should I do," I said.

He was desperate enough to perform the forbidden ritual and make a contract with my father, so I was sure this was a big problem for him. My father could have asked for either his body or soul in return, but he was lucky enough since we needed him for other things.

Instead of directly answering me, he took several deep breaths to calm himself before starting his long explanation.

Words came out of his mouth as our car drove on, changing scenic river and park views into a bustling shopping district. His voice grew sadder as time went on as if he had been holding all these burdens for a long time. Occasionally, he took a tissue to wipe his tears.

Since I didn't know how to respond, I chose to remain silent. I was used to leading meetings, wars, checking reports, making decisions, and slaughtering. But I had never faced this kind of situation.

In some parts of the story, I wanted to ask why he didn't slaughter those bastards. But judging from his status and strength, it was not that he didn't want to, but he couldn't. This was the first time I acted as a good listener. Even though I couldn't relate to his problem, I could understand his sadness.

His problem was simply a bad case of marriage. Yeah, since demons didn't know marriage but only sex, I completely didn't understand this. But I simply put this problem as a form of greed and wrath.

Six months ago he decided to marry a woman named Ava after his wife died two years earlier. It was a beautiful wedding at first. Unfortunately, it didn't last long. Three months later, Carl caught Ava cheating on him and they had a big fight. He decided to divorce her. But that woman had prepared everything from the start.

Ava had recorded their fight, edited the video and twisted the facts. So in the video, it was Carl who did domestic violence against her. With the evidence, Ava filed for divorce and demanded a lot of compensation. The court granted her request, even giving her custody of his child.

That child was from his first wife and he knew Ava didn't like him. Carl could have appealed, but he knew his time was ticking. He didn't know what Ava did to his child while he was in her care. Moreover, Ava said she would not hesitate to kill the kid if he dared to appeal. To make it worse, Ava's new boyfriend was a gangster leader. Even though it was just a small organization, they were ruthless and worked neatly. So the police couldn't catch them.

"So what do you want?" I said as soon as he finished his story. My eyes were on the traffic light countdown timer not far in front of us. I was sure he wanted to take his son back, but what about Ava and the others?

"I want you to kill them..." I could catch sadness, disappointment, and anger. All of it mixed into one.

An announcement suddenly appeared in front of me.

[Do you want to accept a quest?]

[Fulfilling Carl Dewfire's wish.]

[Type: Main Quest.]

[Target: Ava and the gangsters.]

[Reward: Quest points and EXP.]

[Yes] / [No]

This was an easy task for me and killing someone was my specialty, so I took the quest without hesitation.

The problem was that according to the agreement between demons and angels, I couldn't kill mortals. Well, I could make them suffer more than death but Carl wanted their lives so I had to think of another way.

"Do you have a weapon or something?" I asked.

"I-I have a revolver to protect myself," he stammered. Well, those gangster members should also have guns.

"And how many people were there?"

"It's about 7 people, including Ava."

If I assumed he would need another weapon to kill them, in case he missed his shot.

"Your house has a knife, right?" I made sure.

"Yeah. Do you need more weapons? We can buy more bullets and guns if you need them," he said.

I held my laughter desperately upon what he said.

"Pfft! What makes you think I need that?" My chuckles sounded between my words.

"So for what?" he said with clear confusion.

"For you." My chuckle changed to an evil smile.

"Aren't you interested in punishing them with your own hands?" I tempted him.

My words stunned him. His hands gripped his steering wheel even tighter and his emotions were evident in his trembling eyes.

But a couple of seconds later, the sound of horns coming from behind our car made him realize that the red light had changed to the green one.

Quickly, he drove his car. But from his expression, I could tell his mind was filled with what I just said.

Seconds passed, but he didn't answer me. I knew a lot of thoughts filled his head and doubt filled his heart. After all, killing someone was no small thing for a human. Since I couldn't kill humans, I decided to give him a little push.

"Don't worry, I'll weaken them. You just have to give them the final blow," I added in a casual tone as if what I said was just a small thing.

Another short silence followed before he finally agreed with me.

"Okay."

I smirked in satisfaction since this would make things easier for me.

"Good! Take me there, we'll take care of them."

"Now?" he asked in confusion.

"Of course. Or would you rather wait for your son's death?" I replied with a frown.

"I-I understand."

142