Chapter 10. Combat Doctor
5.5k 4 136
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seven Sins System Chapter 10. Combat Doctor

I returned my gaze to the TV. Something bothered me when I saw them. Maybe... because I didn't understand what they felt or because something tickled my memory. But I didn't remember it was. So I decided to do something to distract myself. Yet, I kept glancing at them.

"Do you want a drink? I can make another Nutritional Tonic for you," I offered to Conny. I decided to keep myself busy.

Conny turned to me.

"You can make it again?" Despite his weak body, his enthusiasm was evident in his eyes. Well, Nutritional Tonic was delicious. All creatures loved it. So he wouldn't say no.

I smiled.

"Yeah. As long as your dad has the ingredients."

"Just give me a second. I'll get it for you." Carl was just about to get up but I stopped him.

"Just show me where," I said.

"It's in the refrigerator and the medicine box in the cabinet." Carl pointed to where he meant with his gaze. His hands were still holding Conny.

"Great." I was about to use my tentacles to get it, but I undid my intention since I was sure it would traumatize Conny even more. So I decided to take them one by one manually.

After I collected all the ingredients, I made another Nutritional Tonic and threw away the residue. I also decided to make a Tonic of Calmness for Carl since I found the ingredients in the medicine box. Although he didn't say anything, judging by his frustration, I was sure what he had done took a toll on his mind and heart.

[Name: Tonic of calmness.]

[Type: Usable Item]

[A special potion made from herbs and an MP potion that can give peace of mind.]

[Your Greed point has gone up by 10]

[Greed 30/1000]

"Here ya go." I gave the tonic to Conny and he quickly took it happily. Then I gave the Tonic of calmness to Carl.

"For you."

But Carl didn't pick it up right away.

"What's this?" he said with a frown.

"Tonic of Calmness. You're sweating a lot and your mind is a mess. Stop torturing yourself with guilt." I referred to both reasons. Either because of Conny or because he just killed seven people at once. Moreover, he just saw how I ate them with my tentacles. It was a gruesome sight for him.

Upon my last sentence, Carl fell silent. His gaze shifted to his palms which were shaking and sticky with sweat. He kept cleaning the room and all the traces of blood non-stop. Also, inspect the house and hide the gangster's belongings.

I could tell he was anxious about what he had just done. He was afraid of being caught, afraid of separating from Conny again, and also shocked that he had killed so many people in just one day.

"You saved your son, Carl. Chin up. Besides, didn't I cover up for you?" I added.

He returned his gaze to me.

"You're right... I think I pushed myself too far and worried too much." He took the glass from my hand and drank it.

As soon as he lowered his glass, his face looked more relaxed.

"Thank you," he said with a smile. His first smile after he went through this terrible incident.

"Are you a doctor?" said Conny out of the blue. His glass was already empty.

I chuckled upon his guess.

"No, I'm not." I made his father kill people, yet he guessed I'm a doctor?

"But you healed me, gave me delicious drinks, and were so kind to me. You must be a doctor, right?" said Conny innocently.

"Well, you can think of me as one of them." I wouldn't blame a kid's simple logic. After all, only a few humans had healing abilities.

And based on what I got from TV, mortals were called healers as doctors now. Besides healing wounds and providing support skills in combat, they also mastered more abilities. Such as magical operations, therapy, and curing diseases.

It had been 300 years since I came to the mortal realm, so they had changed a lot. Not just a change from castle to modern building or carriage to the car, but their lifestyle and capabilities. It made me curious about the modern mortal warriors' abilities since I knew monsters still roamed outside the city.

"That's it!" Carl's voice startled me and Conny.

"I think I've found a suitable job for you," he said excitedly as if he had just found a treasure.

"Do you mind becoming a doctor in the battle academy?" he continued.

I knew Carl had created a fake identity for me, but he hadn't found a suitable job for me. Even though I could stay at his house for a while, I needed a job where I could go in and out of the city freely. A mere worker couldn't do that, so I needed a suitable job.

Indeed, this city looked peaceful, but on the outside, monsters were roaming around and they would attack anyone. They existed on land, sea, and sky. Only certain people were allowed to go in and out of town or moved from one city to another.

It was the same as the shadow realm, but my realm's monsters were more terrifying. Also, demons had no special regulations for going in and out of the city. Once we exited the city gates, there was no guarantee of our safety. The rule was killing or being killed. As simple as that.

But rather than that, I was surprised by other things.

"Mortals have battle academies now?"

"Yes. It's been around for 100 years. Instead of letting the young warriors to fight and climb to the top alone, we chose to train the warriors. It will minimize the casualties," Carl explained.

Well, I didn't mind it. But why a doctor? I could picture myself behind the back row, supporting everyone and watching them kill all the monsters without being able to do anything.

"Rather than a doctor, how about a warrior? Or anything that puts me in the front line, not the backline. I have mastered all types of weapons and am used to close and long-range combat. So I have no problem with anything."

"Sorry, I don't think I can do it. It's already mid-semester now. The academy should have closed warrior vacancies. Either for teacher or student. Previously, they always accept tank*. But after Miss Aria became a paladin a year ago, a lot of people are trying to be a great tank like her. So tank vacancies are also already full by now. "

(*Tank is a profession that draws attackers away from other members. Usually have strong endurance and defense since their job is to withstand enemy attacks).

"Besides healing is a rare ability, I'm sure you can get the job easily. No academy can refuse someone with perfect healing abilities like you. Moreover, you can make potions like an alchemist. It's a rare skill. Your skills are perfect for a combat doctor," he continued.

"Combat doctor?" I asked for his explanation.

"It's a modern term for the battle healer. Most doctors prefer to work in safer places like hospitals."

"Battle healer, huh?" On second thought, it was a perfect disguise for me. Although I couldn't attack my enemies directly, at least I went with them to the battlefield. As long as I had my tentacles, I could level up easily. Not to mention, I would be able to get information about abnormalities faster.

"Fine. When can I start?"

"I will prepare everything and send my recommendation letter to Clourmity Academy immediately," said Carl.

Note: All doctors in this story are healers. The difference is their skills. A battle healer/combat doctor usually works on the battlefield. They concentrated on external wound healing, bleeding, and support skills. While hospital doctors have more knowledge to handle illness, give further prescriptions, and perform magical surgery.

136