Chapter 9. Gluttony Feast
5.5k 3 135
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seven Sins System Chapter 9. Gluttony Feast

Like hungry snakes, my tentacles spread across the room and planted their teeth on the corpses. They sucked their blood, drained it, and turned the fresh corpses into mummies.

Indeed those teeth looked terrifying. But since my tentacles' mouths didn't have tongues, I couldn't taste anything. What I felt was a surge of power flowing from my tentacles to my body.

[Your Demonic Power is fully charged]

[Your Health Point is fully charged]

[Your Gluttony point has gone up by 10]

[Gluttony 10/1000]

"Now, the meat." The mouths widened and turned into those of starving beasts' before they started eating the corpses.

The crunching sound filled the room. I leaned my back against the couch and folded my arms in front of my chest since my tentacles would need some time to eat them and I still had two extra servings at the entrance.

In the meantime, I looked at my shirt and thought about what to do next.

'I should buy proper clothes,' I thought.

Then I cast my gaze around the room before it landed on the TV screen. I watched the movie with a frown since the actor kept shouting his skill's name before he attacked. I meant, what kind of stupid person told the enemy his attack. But well, it could cover the noise.

Again, Carl's voice startled me.

"I-I thought you were cleaning them up." He stood near the staircase with trembling legs. His shock was evident in his voice. His eyes stared at my tentacles in horror. His face looked pale.

"I am," I said in a casual tone.

"I-I mean like bury them or hide their corpses," he pointed out his meaning in a stammering voice.

I held my laughter upon his words.

"Pfft! What's with those lame methods? This way is so much better."

I moved one of my tentacles in front of him. The one which was eating Ava. The big mouth had swallowed half of her body, leaving her waist down hanging in front of the mouth.

Since I had sucked her blood so no blood dripped from there.

"See? No mess. You just need to clean their blood and we're done. You should thank me for that," I said proudly.

Seeing Ava's legs hanging in front of him, Carl turned his head and threw up.

I distanced my tentacles away from him. My hand covered my mouth. A frown on my forehead.

"Ugh, where's your manners? I'm eating here," I said in disgust.

On second thought, this wasn't the shadow realm and normally, mortals never ate their enemies' bodies. Unless they had no other choice or had a questionable morality.

"Just go upstairs. I'll call you when I'm done," I ordered.

Without a word, he raised his thumb and left.

As I expected, as my tentacle ate the last body, another announcement appeared in front of me.

[Your Gluttony point has gone up by 10]

[Gluttony 20/1000]

'I see. So this system will give me points every time I use a skill related to it. Then this will be easy...'


-----

07.21 PM

The sun had set and the sky turned dark, but Carl was still busy cleaning the room. His hand, which was holding a cloth, was moving to clean the place where those people died, erasing all traces and evidence. The bloody smell in the room had turned into a lavender scent.

Nearby, Conny sat on the couch accompanied by his teddy bear. Even though he still looked weak, he wanted to accompany Carl here. I guessed the incident had traumatized him a lot. Luckily, he didn't see me eating those bodies.

Just like Conny, I also sat on the couch. A t-shirt and jeans that fit my size covered my body. It belonged to one of the gangster members. I found it by accident after I was desperately looking for proper clothes.

My eyes were fixed on the TV screen, learning a thing or two about mortals since there had been so many changes since the last war. As I watched the news, my worries about my previous crime were getting higher. So I decided to come up with a little alibi just to make sure the police didn't suspect us.

I glanced to the side, making sure Conny didn't see me before I summoned two of the tentacles.

'Greed.'

As soon as the two tentacles came off my back, they split away and writhed like a pair of worms. A demonic eye was at the end each one of them.

'Out. Turn to Ava and Jericko. Then go to the night market and take a walk there,' I ordered quickly. Immediately, they turned into snakes and slithered out of the room.

It was the power of greed. I could separate my tentacles from my body and change their shape, turning them into me or whatever. They would carry out my orders like an obedient slave.

The difference was since they were a part of me, their consciousness was connected to me. I could see and feel what they saw and felt. I also could move them freely. In other words, even though they looked like different creatures, they were no different from my hands and feet.

Although Conny didn't notice my tentacles, Carl did. After asking Conny to stay, Carl followed my tentacles. But he came back after my tentacles morphed and drove Jericko's car out of here.

"That thing can drive?" said Carl in confusion.

I turned to him and frowned.

"Of course. I can drive, and so can they. They are part of my body."

A frown of confusion appeared on Carl's forehead.

"You can drive?" he said in shock.

"I have my own cars and driving license back in the shadow realm. Do you think I'm some sort of unintelligent monster or something?" I asked unhappily.

"The shadow realm has cars?" His shock did not change.

I took a deep breath and looked at him with a flat stare.

"You seriously think I'm the same as a monster, are you?" My annoyance was clear in my voice.

Instead of Carl, it was Conny who answered me.

"You don't look like a monster." He looked at me with an innocent face.

"Have you ever seen a monster before?" I asked that innocent lil kid.

Conny nodded with a gloomy face.

"Ava is a monster... Her friends are monsters... They are evil." His hands hugged his teddy bear tightly.

Upon his words, Carl hugged Conny and said sorry repeatedly. His hand caressed Conny's head and I could see the tear fill up his eyes. His emotions were evident on his face, yet I could only make another frown.

'Is this mortal's parental love?' I thought. Demons had never shown this kind of thing. The only thing we got was pressure from our parents to become stronger. That way we wouldn't become the bottom of the food chain.

135