Chapter 8. It’s Me, The Devil
5.5k 5 141
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seven Sins System Chapter 8. It's Me, The Devil.

The sound of footsteps from behind me distracted me from her.

"Ava, what did you do to him?!" Carl snapped as soon as he arrived at my side. His anger filled his friendly face. I didn't even see his fear anymore.

A five-year-old boy was lying weakly in Carl's arms. His slightly skinny body looked dirty as well as his messy blonde hair. He buried his face in Carl's shoulder and his hands wrapped around his father's neck.

Due to his weak condition, I used my skill on him.

'Analyze.'

[Name: Conny Dewfire]

[Ages: 5]

[Level 1]                                [Race: Human]

[HP: 21/31]                            [MP: 11/11]

[Skills: N/A]

[Emotion: Fear, relief.]

[Condition: hunger, dehydration, bruises]

"We only taught him a little lesson," Ava replied.

"He's starving. How long has he been there?" I asked before Ava answered Carl's question.

"A-A day," Ava said.

"He's innocent. He has nothing to do with our problem. Why did you do it?!" yelled Carl hysterically.

Ava gritted her teeth and looked at Conny with anger.

"That brat tries to run away and keeps raving about you!" she yelled.

"You!" Without a second thought, Carl grabbed the gun behind his jeans and shot Ava.

As Ava's body fell and her HP point changed to zero, an announcement appeared in front of me.

[All enemies have been defeated!]

[Congratulations! You have completed your first quest!]

[Congratulations! You have defeated your first enemy!]

[Level Up!] [Level Up!] [Level Up!]

[You are now Level 4. HP +60, DP + 60, ATK and MATK + 15, DEF and SPD +6]

[You have earned 1 quest point]

[Your Wrath point has gone up by 10]

[Wrath 10/1000]

[HP: 660/660] [DP: 310/310]

[ATK: 275]        [M.ATK: 275]

[SPD: 31]          [DEF: 31]

"Ah, what a waste. You can sell this bitch on the street if you want, ya know," I said in a nonchalant tone. To be sure with such her annoying attitude, I had no interest in making her my succubus.

"I don't care anymore," Carl said desperately. His sob sounded between his words and tears rolled down his face.

He put his gun on the table and walked towards the exit with a blank stare. His frustration was evident on his face.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"Take my son to the hospital," he said without stopping.

"With that bloody shirt? They'll catch you," I warned.

He stopped his steps and turned to me.

"But, my son... He needs treatment." Once I saw Conny's face, I could understand why. A severe bruise was on the corner of his eye. A little dried blood was on the corner of his mouth. His dry lips and slightly opened eyes indicated the nightmare he had been through.

"I can help you. Just put him on the couch and get me some stuff." I knew Carl was desperate and couldn't think straight. His decision to make a contract with my father showed how much he loved Conny.

"Are you sure?" he asked hopefully.

I smiled confidently.

"It's just a small problem for me." Another announcement appeared in front of me.

[Do you want to accept a quest?]

[Heal Conny Dewfire.]

[Type: Side Quest.]

[Target: Conny Dewfire.]

[Reward: Quest points and EXP.]

[Yes] / [No]

Of course, I accepted it.

At my request, Carl put Conny on the couch. While I sat beside him.

"Bring me any kind of meat, carbs, or vegetables. Raw is okay. Also small HP potion," I ordered.

"Only that?" he said in disbelief. Indeed those ingredients sounded like cooking preparations.

"Oh, and a glass. His glass is better. Also a pitcher of water," I added.

"Are you sure you can heal him with that?" Carl confirmed.

I gave him a flat stare.

"Yes. Now get it for me," I said in annoyance. It would take a long explanation to make him understand. So I decided to show it.

Immediately, he did as I asked. As soon as Carl left the room, I put my hand on the boy's forehead. My eyes fell on his bruised face.

"Please, don't hurt me..." he sobbed in a stammering voice. He looked terrified as soon as Carl left him, but he was too weak to hold his father back.

I smiled to calm him down.

"Don't worry. I just want to heal you."

'Dark Healing.'

[Dark Healing has been used.]

My dark aura covered his wounds. A second later all his bruises were gone.

[A Human's HP has been restored by 40 points.]

I took my hand away.

"See? You're feeling better, right?"

He nodded weakly.

"Is this enough?" Carl came with a tray of raw meat, vegetables, bread, water, and a bottle of HP potion, as I requested. His hasty steps made the water in the glass spill around.

"Put it there." I pointed at the table near us with my gaze.

After I took out the pitcher from the tray, I reached out my hand for the other ingredients.

'Devil's craft. Nutritional Tonic.'

Dark miasma burst out of my palm and enveloped all the ingredients, engulfing them in the darkness. A couple of seconds later, the darkness dissipated like smoke, revealing a glass filled with a creamy liquid with an appetite-stimulating fragrance and a pile of disgusting black trash by its side.

[A Nutritional Tonic has been created!]

[Name: Nutritional Tonic]

[Type: Usable Items]

[Special potion made from food essence and an HP potion that can restore one's health. This potion is suitable for the sick.]

While the waste on its side was the residue.

"Give him little by little. Then let him sleep, he will be fine by tomorrow morning," I instructed.

"W-What's that?" asked Carl.

"Nutritional Tonic. It works faster than any medicine."

Seeing I had healed Conny's wounds, Carl helped Conny to sit and gave him the drink as I said.

Conny drank it slowly. But after a sip, he finished the tonic quickly out of hunger and thirst.

"I'm thirsty, daddy..." Said Conny.

Just as I expected, his face looked brighter.

Fluids were more easily absorbed than any food. After all, he also needed it due to his dehydration.

Carl's worry started to disappear. Swiftly, Carl gave him another glass of water.

[Congratulations! You have completed your first side quest!]

[Level Up!]

[You are now Level 5. HP +20, DP + 20, ATK and MATK + 5, DEF and SPD +2]

[Now you can use your tentacles]

[You have earned 1 quest point]

[Your Greed point has gone up by 10]

[Greed 10/1000]

[HP: 680/680] [DP: 330/330]

[ATK: 280]        [M.ATK: 280]

[SPD: 33]          [DEF: 33]

'Sweet!' Since I could use my tentacles, everything would become easier. Even before the system came to me, I used my tentacles for everything. Well, mostly killed my enemies. But it was also very useful for doing my paperwork.

"Carl, can you take him upstairs? I have to take care of this." My gaze pointed at Ava's corpse near the wall.

"Okay," he replied.

After Conny finished another glass of water, Carl picked him up and hugged him tightly. As his feet stepped towards the stairs, he buried his son's face into his shoulder, trying to hide the terrifying sight around them.

Once they were upstairs, I stood up from my seat and called out my tentacles.

'Gluttony.'

My six tentacles burst out of my back like fierce snakes out of their nest. Thousands of mouths resembling those of bloodsuckers' filled them. I grinned evilly.

"Let's eat them up."

Note: There are many types of demihumans in the mortal realm. So the mortal realm also uses magic threads for their clothes.

141