Chapter 13. Lame Sandwiches
5.2k 5 121
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seven Sins System Chapter 13. Lame Sandwiches

A woman in her early 30s opened the door. Despite her age, her face still looked cute and sweet. Her long brown hair covered her back. Her blue eyes were the same as Ivy's.

A sweater dress covered her hourglass body. And like everyone else here, an inventory ring on her index finger. It was a ring where we kept our weapons so we didn't have to carry them around like a hitman. But the ring could only be used to store a weapon, not for other items.

She was the academy's teacher.

[Name: Julia Crestcento]

[Level 52]

[HP: 760/767]

[MP: 312/312]

"Morning Dr. Allen," she greeted with a smile.

My heart started beating fast upon her sweet voice. Somehow, her appearance reminded me of someone. But I couldn't remember who. Well, I had lived more than 500 years, so I might forget one or two people in my life.

"Morning, Julia. Is there anything I can help you with?" My hand put down my sandwich without taking my eyes off her.

"Mind checking me up before the mission starts?" Once she walked into the room, I immediately realised what was wrong. I stood up from my chair and approached her, helping her to walk.

"Did you sprain your leg?" I guessed. And she answered me with a nod.

After she sat on the bed, I knelt and checked her ankle. Luckily, it hadn't been swollen yet.

"I stumbled when I brought some documents to my office. I just want to make sure this won't be a problem later," she said. Her hiss of pain sounded between her words.

Just like me, the academy also sent her to accompany rookie students on their first mission. Since they had just entered the second semester a couple of months ago, this was their first mission outside the city. Even though they were used to fighting the monster hologram and practising against each other, the real battle was sometimes completely different from what they have learned. So all mentors like Julia and I had to prepare ourselves to handle any situation.

I used my Dark Healing on her.

[Dark Healing has been used.]

Rather than a dark aura, a white light covered her ankle. A second later, it was already healed. Yeah, I used my Fake Status. So it looked the same as the human's Healing Light skill.

[A Human's HP has been restored by 150 points.]

"There. You should be fine." I stood up, returned to my desk, and wrote my report.

She twisted her ankle to either side to make sure that she was fully healed.

"Thank you."

I put down my pen and turned to her.

"No problem."

But instead of answering me, she gazed at me in silence. I could catch the hesitation in her eyes. I knew she wanted to tell me something.

"Do you want to talk about your late husband again?" I made a wild guess. Even though I had only worked at this place for 2 months, we were quite close.

A month ago, her student was seriously injured during training. She wanted to take him to the academy hospital, but it was already full of other patients. A huge traffic accident occurred nearby so they took all the victims to the academy hospital. It was so chaotic at that time.

That student ended up in my infirmary. Although his wound wasn't as bad as it looked, he was bleeding a lot. I asked them to come out so I could do a surgery alone. Well, that wound was not a big deal for my tentacles. In addition, there was no internal organ damage.

Long short story, although I was a new doctor, I managed to heal him and my abilities shocked them. The hospital even asked me to work there, but I refused since that would be a dead-end for my real mission.

After that, I and Julia sometimes met outside of our working hours. She even told how her late husband died in a car accident a year ago.

Well, not only her. Even though I didn't understand mortal's problems and had never done any flashy things, somehow many people were attracted to me and started to think of me as their free consultation place. Especially students. Either boys or girls. They said my solution was brilliant while I couldn't relate to their problem whatsoever. I simply gave them a logical answer.

My voice dispersed her thoughts. She smiled.

"Well. Rather than that, I want to talk about that." She pointed to my lame sandwiches.

I looked at it before returning my gaze to her.

"What's wrong with my sandwiches?" It was my usual sandwich. A couple of white bread with something they called peanut butter and strawberry jam.

"There's nothing wrong with that. But I think you should choose healthy food. You always eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches every morning," she said with a frown. Yeah, as a doctor I should have chosen healthier food.

"It's tasty and simple," I replied with a shrug. And the strawberry jam colour reminded me of blood. As for the others, the mortal's food taste was different from the shadow realm. So I didn't pay too much attention to it.

Then her gaze shifted to my juice.

"And what's that?" she asked.

I showed it to her.

"Tomato juice. Want some? I have more in my bag." Yeah, it also reminded me of blood and the shadow realm's blood tea. It even had a slightly similar taste to it. I had tried artificial blood before, but I didn't like it. After all, it would make me look like a vampire while Carl registered my race as human.

"No thanks. You always eat the same food almost every day. I mean, you're a doctor. Shouldn't you be taking better care of your diet? All I've seen is sandwiches, mac n cheese, and instant ramen," she said with a frown.

"That's not true," I retorted.

"Or... Are you just bad at cooking?" she guessed.

"It should not be that bad. I can cook eggs, sausage, bacon, and chicken nuggets." I snapped my fingers.

"Oh, I also can fry french fries," I defended myself. But somehow it always ended up in a deep brown colour.

That was all Carl taught me since I didn't know much about mortal food. But on second thought, I couldn't cook the shadow realm's food either. I was the crown prince. I had a lot of maids and servants to serve me. So for 523 years, I never went to the kitchen.

"I mean something like chicken marinara, cream soup, or lemon baked fish," she explained.

I wrinkled my forehead at those foreign food names.

'What the hell is that?' The mortals had so many food names. I couldn't remember them in such a short time.

"Sorry, I can't cook well," I admitted. Well, there was a Cafeteria here, but I rarely ate there since I had to be here to handle emergencies. This was a battle academy, all bad things could happen during training. So I only knew one or two easy menus such as salad and pasta.

Hearing my words, her hesitation returned to her face and it made me frown.

"Should I make one for you?" Finally, she let out her voice.

"If you don't mind," I said happily. I wouldn't say no to free food. Since here, in this mortal realm, I was broke.

There was no wine pool, big palace, expensive suit, or luxury cars. My room was only the size of my palace's bathroom. But Carl said it was a standard size for a studio-type apartment. I felt sorry for mortals. They had a more pathetic life than I thought.

"Today's mission is your first one, right? Do you mind if I cook for you tonight? Think of it as a small celebration," she said with a blushing face.

The previous combat doctor retired early after he got a stroke. Even if he recovered he could only work in a clinic or hospital. Since he couldn't become a combat doctor again, they gave his task to me.

"Sure. Just tell me when," I said in a casual tone. While I was actually panicking as I remembered my room was a mess. So I had to tidy it up before she came and laughed at me.

'I need to buy an air freshener later,' I thought. I remembered there was a convenience store near my dorm so I planned to stop by after the mission was over.

Note: Julia's pic is on the glossary 

121