Chapter 21. Fear
3.8k 1 106
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seven Sins System Chapter 21. Fear

"Shit! Claire, lead them!" I released my seat belt and hit the emergency button on my side. A button which was used to close the door automatically and ask the driver to leave immediately. But before the door closed, I jumped out of the vehicle.

At the same time, another quest announcement appeared in front of me.

[You have received an emergency quest!]

[Find and save Julia.]

[Target: Julia Crestcento.]

[Reward: Quest point and EXP.]

This time there was no 'yes or no' choice since I felt the urgency to save her even though I didn't understand why.

"Dr. Allen!" they shouted. But I ignored them and ran towards Fiona.

Fiona looked shocked to the point she couldn't move from her position. And I bet her friends were also the same. All of them were still rookies and this was their first mission so they were not used to this kind of chaos.

Once I got near Fiona, without further ado, I carried her and threw her into her vehicle. A bang sounded as her shaking body landed on the vehicle floor. Rude indeed, but I didn't have the time. Julia was dying, the monster horde was getting closer.

Her friends immediately helped her. I could see their bodies shaking in shock and fear.

Without saying anything, my hand hit the emergency button, closing the door and asking the vehicle to get out of here immediately.

Turning around, I pressed my communication device.

"They got Julia and dragged her to the ground. I will try to save her."

Without waiting for their answer, I turned off my communication device and jumped inside. I bet the academy would order me to back off and wait for help. But when the help came, all we could do was look for Julia's body. Worse, the monsters had already eaten her.

On the other hand, if I accepted the order and didn't do it, it would be the same as an offense. So I would simply say my device signal got cut off after I jumped into the ground. Better, I could say another monster managed to grab me before they answered me.

As I fell, I summoned my tentacles.

'Greed!'

My six tentacles shot out from my back, separated themselves, and turned into huge, fast-moving purple worm monsters. Their flabby bodies made them look weak, but their wide mouths filled with hundreds of sharp teeth would make everyone think of another. A red-eye was above their heads. That was their core.

Deftly, I grabbed one of them and made it my vehicle. This way I could move more easily.

"Find Julia!" I ordered.

The others moved faster, paving the way for me. Judging from her previous HP, I realized I didn't have much time. She was bleeding heavily. So even though she could escape, she could only wait for her death.

It was a long tunnel. Although I was not sure, based on the direction, it looked like the monster took Julia deep into the forest.

As soon as I exited the tunnel, I arrived at an open ceiling cave. My eyes immediately fell on Julia who was surrounded by several large larval antlion-shaped monsters on one side of the place. They were about 10 meters high with a body covered in spikes like that of a hedgehog.

Her hand swung her whip desperately, countering the monsters' attacks. While her body was shaking violently. Either in fear or because she had lost a lot of blood. For sure I knew she had no other choice but to fight since there was no hiding place here.

[Name: Violent Antlion]

[Level 41]

[HP: 501/501]

[MP: 37/ 52]

Our arrival made the monsters turn their eyes to us.

I jumped down from my ride.

"Kill them," I ordered.

Roars came out of my worm monsters. Black hard skin like armor covered their bodies and their mouth evolved into a more terrifying shape as they charged at those antlion monsters.

They bit each other, wrestled, and tore their bodies apart.

Rumbling, thudding and cracking sounds echoed throughout the cave. Occasionally their roar sounded. The cave and the ground shook violently. Every now and then, the small rocks around the cave fell.

Indeed, those Violent Antlions were much stronger than my tentacles. Especially since my tentacles only had 1/7 of my HP points. Which meant their HP was only about 138 points. But as long as those monsters didn't attack the eye, my tentacles wouldn't take any damage at all. It could regenerate easily as long as it still had its eyes.

As they fought, I ran towards Julia who could only sit against the wall. Her HP was only about 1/4 left and kept decreasing.

- Crack!

Two Violent Antlions suddenly fell from the hole above the cave, right in front of me. Since my tentacles were too busy, I decided to take care of them by myself.

'Devil's Blessing.'

[Devil's Blessing has been activated.]

[ATK: 355+533]

[M.ATK: 355+533]

[SPD: 63+ 95]

[Time remaining: 14:56]

I opened my wings and glid at them. Before they could react, in one fell swoop, I ripped one head with my bare hand.

[Instant Death!]

[You have ripped a Violent Antlion for 875 HP. ]

His body throbbed in pain. A disgusting dark green liquid burst out of his head before he finally didn't move anymore. Yes, as my father and I expected, the mortal realm was no different from a playground for me. My bloodline itself was special for demons, not to mention the monsters were much weaker than the shadow realm.

Just like before, I simply lunged at the other one and separated its head from its body before I landed in front of Julia and hid my wings. I let my tentacles take care of the rest since my main goal was to save her.

"Julia! Please hang on!" I called her name and used my Dark Healing on her.

[Dark Healing has been used.]

[Dark Healing has failed!]

[Found 5 bone fractures, 2 broken ribs, 4 organ injuries, and internal bleeding]

[Please initiate Magical Surgery immediately!]

The problem was, her HP points were too low. I could recall my tentacles yet since monsters kept coming to this place.

My panic invaded my head. My heart was pounding. It was the first time I experienced... Fear.

Yes... I, Azrael Shadowraven de Nightfall, The Lord of Wrath, The Crown Prince of the shadow realm was afraid. I was afraid to lose her.

Strange indeed... I had only been talking to her for a month and she had nothing to do with my mission. If she died, my maximum penalty was I would fail to complete my quest. Yet there was a fear that covered my heart. Something that stirred up my deepest trauma and nightmares.

Note: Azrael's Greed tentacles form are on My Discord Channel 

106