Chapter 31. Between Two Girls
3.9k 2 101
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seven Sins System Chapter 31. Between Two Girls

After that vicious encounter, I went down the stairs and met Julia in the lobby.

"How's your check-up?" I made sure they didn't find anything about her.

"Good. They were a bit confused at the beginning since Fiona and my team already told them what happened. But I said everything according to our plan, the attack didn't hurt my organs or bones. So you could heal me completely," answered Julia. We walked side by side towards the exit casually.

"Good thing we have prepared the answer from the start," I said in relief.

She turned to me.

"Did they ask you the same thing?"

I smirked.

"Even better. Miss Katrina asked me for an entire story about what happened."

"Miss Katrina? Why is she here?" she asked in surprise and curiosity.

I shrugged.

"Dunno. Even her twin is here."

"They accompanied you throughout the check-up?" she guessed.

"Only Miss Katrina. I met her twin in the corridor. She caught Theo threatening me. He should be on her watch list now."

"Wait, he bragged about that doctor and paladin things in the hospital?" She made another guess.

"Nah. He bragged about why we have the same smell. I wanted to say what happened. But Miss Katrina's twin came and said it was because we were drenched in the monster's blood. Since I respect her intention, I decided not to say anything," I explained briefly.

She took a deep breath.

"He also asked me the same thing during my check-up."

"And what did you tell him?"

"We got out from the same monster horde and ran for hours. Of course, we have the same scent."

She rolled her eyes to the side in annoyance. A wry smile on her lips.

"But--- he didn't believe me."

"You should say we already did it," I said in a cynical tone. An evil smile on my lips.

"It will only rub the salt to the wound."

"Yes. That's the plan. Let him experience more pain," I said in a casual tone.

The automatic glass door opened. As we got out of the hospital, the dark sky and the night wind greeted us. Unexpectedly, all of our students were already waiting at the entrance.

"Dr. Allen! Miss Julia." They ran at us.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. I thought they had returned to their dorm and rested. Moreover, their stamina was far below mine and Julia's.

"We were worried about you," Claire said. Her tone showed it clearly.

I spread both my hands a bit.

"As you can see, I'm fine." I smiled.

"See? I told you he would be fine. We worried for nothing," Barry said in a nonchalant tone.

"Ha. Ha. Ha." Ion laughed sarcastically. "Very funny, Barry. Weren't you the one who was worried the most?" he sneered.

"That's not true. Claire also almost stopped the car and asked the driver to return. So... she was worse than me," Barry retorted.

Darren folded his arms in front of his chest and exhaled a long breath.

"Don't forget about Evie. She nearly blew up the car door with her fire spell," he reminded them.

I turned to Claire and Evie.

"Is that true?" I frowned.

The girls lowered their heads in guilt.

"Claire, didn't I ask you to lead them?" I asked.

Claire raised her head and looked me in the eye.

"You are too reckless, doc. You shouldn't jump away and put yourself in danger."

"I know what I'm doing. I'm not going to do anything beyond my limits. If not, I would have ended up as a corpse in that forest. Or maybe, I have become a cripple now," I explained, opening my arms once more, showing that I was fine.

Then I turned to Evie.

"And Evie. Didn't I say that the most important thing to magic users like us is emotional control? Our magic flow is related to its user. If you can't control your emotions, your magic power will turn wild. Plus, you will endanger your team, " I nagged her like an old man.

I knew about this since as the Lord of Wrath, I had lost my shit a couple of times. Okay, I meant dozens of times, before I could control my emotions and this power. Wrath was the most powerful force of the seven sins. But hard to control. I even wondered why I chose this power to begin with.

Unlike Claire who put a bit of resistance to what I said, despite her cold appearance, Evie was more obedient.

"I understand," she said quietly

"Since everything is over, how about treating us for dinner?" said Barry shamelessly. A grin on his face.

I gave him a flat stare.

"I'm the sick. You should be the one who brought me dinner," I complained.

As usual, Ion and Darren took this opportunity to bully him.

"He's right. Buy us dinner, Barry," said Ion.

"Wait!? Why me?" Barry retorted in panic.

"Because you asked for it, so you are the one who has to pay for it," added Darren.

"I don't have much money, you know. Do you want me to eat dust at the end of the month?" Barry whined.

"Then, what makes you think I have it?" I asked in a casual tone, raising one of my eyebrows.

They turned at me at the same time.

"You don't?" asked Barry in surprise.

"You must be kidding," Ion added in the same tone.

"I just moved here and bought some electronics, remember?" I reminded them. The one that cost me a lot was my laptop. That goddamn shopkeeper gave me an overpriced laptop when all I needed was a middle spec one to do my report. I should be putting some curse on him. The other one was my phone. The one that my father gave me could only be used to contact him. So I had to buy a new one to communicate with the others.

Darren shook his head from side to side and gave me a pitiful gaze.

"You should see his bank account. He's so broke."

Yeah, right. The Crown Prince of Shadow Realm was broke as fuck in this mortal realm. What was left in my account and wallet was only enough to buy my food and some necessities. Well, I had a bit of extra money though, but I would only spend it if I needed to.

"If you don't mind, you can have dinner with us," Claire offered.

"Sorry, I can't. The restaurant will kick me out if I come with this awful smell. Besides..." I turned to Julia who was not far from us. Just like me, she was busy talking to her team.

"I have another plan with Julia."

My answer made the smile on Claire's lips disappear.

101