Chapter 32. Prelude to The Great War?
3.6k 2 107
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seven Sins System Chapter 32. Prelude to The Great War?

"Well, that escalated quickly," Barry said in surprise. The others also showed the same expression.

"She wants to make me dinner as a celebration that we managed to get out of that place alive. Besides, we had to make a report about what happened." So I had to make sure that we wrote the same thing to avoid suspicion. Especially since Katrina asked us to write it down in detail.

"Ah, speaking of reports, the incident was too strange," said Ion. His frown on his forehead.

"Yeah. How could those monsters suddenly go berserk for no apparent reason?" Barry added.

"I'm sure those monsters were on a rampage for something. Otherwise, they wouldn't have come out of their habitat in such huge numbers," Darren tried to analyze.

"I'm curious about that too..." I muttered. My thoughts immediately went to the altar, the monster horde, and the demons. But no matter how hard I analyzed it, I didn't find any connection between them except the monsters and the demons. Yet it was too unusual to be a coincidence. Also, I didn't know what the Nightwalker meant by the voice. The altar shouldn't be able to summon them. Indeed I had a few guesses running through my head. But none of them matched that.

But what I was curious about was the purpose of this mess. I didn't think this was just a simple crime. I was sure there was something big behind all this. But what worried me was the fact that they come from my realm. Which meant that the angels' accusations were true. It seriously pissed me off, especially since this happened under my nose.

Evie's voice dispelled my thoughts.

"You know, we were shocked when we heard that you and Miss Julia came back without any wounds. I mean--- With that many monsters. It was impossible to get out of there in one piece. How did you get past them?" she said in a halting voice. Her confusion and curiosity were clear from the tone of her voice.

"It was quite a hellish experience for me. They managed to get us a couple of times. Luckily there were no fatal injuries, so I could heal them," I explained.

"Can you tell me what happened? I'm a little curious," Darren asked.

"When I was looking for a way to help Julia, a monster pulled me to the ground. We ended up in the same place but somehow we managed to escape," I gave a shabby explanation.

It managed to make them frown.

"What kind of explanation is that?" complained Ion. "It's even worse than a pathetic how-to tutorial on the internet."

"At least tell us how. Who knows we might use the same way to escape one day," added Barry.

I exhaled tiredly.

"Give me a break. The chairwoman just asked the same thing and I still need to write my report. I will tell you tomorrow."

"Think again, why did the chairwoman ask Dr. Allen to finish his report so quickly?" said Ion, frowning.

"I think she wants to make sure this anomaly is not a prelude to the great war between mortals and monsters." It was only my assumption, but I was pretty sure of that. I realized I wasn't the only reason why the chairwoman paid special attention to this incident. They would even send drones to investigate the place.

"I hope there won't be another war," Evie muttered.

"Dr. Allen." Claire, who had been silent suddenly let out a voice.

"Didn't you say you took everything into account? But based on your explanation, I think it was your luck that helped you out of there. You shouldn't do that reckless thing again." Her seriousness and concern were evident in her tone of voice.

Among my team, Claire was the only student who could go against my order. Not in a negative way, of course. She usually had a valid reason for this and didn't hesitate to say it or even accepted the punishment if she was wrong. While Evie was quieter than her. Barry was the most childish one among them.

A mysterious smile appeared on my lips.

"As I said, I will not do anything beyond my limits. I am not the kind of person who depends on luck."

It made them confused even more.

"Um... Doc." Another female voice came from my side.

"Yes?"

"I want to say thank you for what you've done," said Fiona, bowing her head politely.

"It's fine. Did I hurt you?" I remembered throwing her pretty hard earlier.

She shook her head from side to side.

"It's nothing. You have done the right thing. If I stayed there, I would only become the target of other monsters. Thank you," she said in guilt.

"Just make sure to be aware of your surroundings next time, okay?" I said.

"I understand."

I was about to return my gaze to my team but she called me again.

"Dr. Allen."

"Hmm?"

"I hope you can give me some extra practice. This is the second time I've messed up." Her guilt was getting clearer from the tone of her voice.

I was silent for a while, wrecking my brain to arrange my schedule.

"How about tomorrow? Our team has the same training schedule, right? I can teach you a few things after practice."

Her face brightened.

"Thank you."

I glanced at Julia who was staring at me behind her and tilted my head a bit at the hospital lobby, pointing at Theo who was watching us with a sharp stare. I had noticed it from the beginning but decided to ignore him. Still, Julia had to be careful with him.

After she took a glance at him, she nodded as a sign she already understood what I meant.

I returned my gaze to my team.

"It's already late now. I need to take a shower and do my report. You guys, don't forget to do your homework, okay?" After I waved my hand as a goodbye, I left.

107