Chapter 34. A Call From The Shadow Realm II
3.2k 2 100
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seven Sins System Chapter 34. A Call From The Shadow Realm II

As soon as I picked up the call, Ivy's sad face appeared on the screen. Which was followed by a train of questions.

"Your Highness! How are you? Are you eating well? Did the mortals bully you? Did you live well?" she cried. Her worry and sadness were clear from the tone of her voice.

I smiled at her.

"I live well, Ivy. Don't worry. There's no way I'll let the mortals bully me." Well, except that stupid paladin. I needed to find the right time to get rid of him.

"I miss you so much, Your Highness. When are you coming home?" sobbed Ivy.

"As soon as I settle this, of course," I answered.

"When?" she whined.

"I don't know. I'm trying to finish it as fast as I can. But this is not an easy thing."

She turned to my father.

"Your Majesty, please let me accompany His Highness in the mortal realm," she begged.

"You can't. I even sent him in secret. Besides, his double needs you. You're the only one who knows Azrael's personality well." My father's voice came from her side.

"But I can't take it anymore! I miss His Highness so much and that double is so annoying. He even pissed at His Highness's favorite wine pool yesterday," complained Ivy.

"HE WHAT?!" I yelled in shock and anger. I hoped I heard her wrong.

Ivy turned to me nervously and smiled awkwardly.

"H-He... Pissed in your wine pool yesterday," she repeated.

I gritted my teeth in anger.

"Who gave him permission to use it?"

"Well... Um... He didn't say a word when he used it. Since your absence is a classified mission, the maids also don't know his identity. So they let him do it," replied Ivy.

"Give the phone to my dad," I tried to contain my emotions.

Ivy did my request.

"Kill that stupid double," I said without further ado.

My father cringed.

"But he is just a puppet. He is indeed a bit stupid, but he cannot betray us and can imitate you well. Also, I have set him up so he does not touch your private things." He looked to the side nervously.

"Except your wine pool, of course," he mumbled in a much lower voice before he returned his gaze to me.

"Anyway, I can fix it. I just need to order the servants to clean it and replace the wine with a new one. It's only around ten thousand gallons of wine. Not a big deal."

"That wine is high-quality Blood Wine, dad," I said in annoyance. It was the best wine in the shadow realm and was hard to obtain.

In an instant, he gasped. His eyes widened in shock.

"Okay. I will kill that idiot double for sure and create a new smarter one," he said quickly.

I smiled.

"Great. Don't forget to send the pic to me." Then my smile faded and was replaced with a murderous look.

"But that doesn't mean you can run away from your responsibilities. You still have to replace my wine pool." My threat was clear from the tone of my voice.

He took a deep breath.

"Haa... Fine. Just focus on your mission, okay?"

"Okay."

*Pip* *Pip* *Pip*

My phone's alarm sounded. That was a sign that we had to end our conversation immediately. The shadow realm's phone used the user's Demonic Power to communicate with each other, not signals like mortal's. In this case, since we were in different realms, our Demonic Power had to cross the border. A constant transmission like this would provoke the angels' suspicions. So we couldn't use the phone for too long.

"Opsss, I think the time is up. Later, Azrael," he said.

"Later."

After I hung up and my tentacles finished their work, I sat in front of my desk, took the pen, and started drawing several summoning formations of the seven lords of sins, including my sis and dad's. My eyes observed the images on the phone, trying to find something in common between them.

Even though it was my father who ordered me to investigate this matter, who knew he was the mastermind?

Despite his shabby and nonchalant attitude, he was the king. He was sharp and liked to play dumb to cover up his real plans. After all, he was well-known for his tricks and loved to play around with his enemies before he stabbed them in the back. He was a sly trickster.

So yeah, sometimes I also had to play dumb to deal with him. Even though I was his own son, who knew if he would take advantage of me. Still... His experience was another thing.

After I lined up all the magic formations, I tried to look for the similarities between my drawing and the clue.

"Greed, Envy, Pride, Wrath, and the demon king," I muttered. Those formations were similar to the pic. I also counted my own formation since the caster might try to call me. But since I didn't answer him/her, other demons might decide to answer it and take the opportunity to manifest their power in the mortal realm.

It sucked indeed. But answering all human calls was also not a good idea. It was tantamount to putting ourselves as their servants. Also we, the seven lords of deadly sins, were busy and had a life. We had our own problems and headaches. So we couldn't keep playing with mortals.

As I was deep in thought, my room bell sounded. I put the paper in my drawer, got up from my chair, and opened the door.

"Hey," said Julia without further ado. She looked beautiful in a black short dress with a simple cardigan. Very different from my outfit even though she said she would also wear a casual outfit.

Both of us were stunned for the same reason, our clothes. I definitely misinterpreted what she meant by casual-style outfits.

100