Chapter 40. Hazy Memory
3k 1 94
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seven Sins System Chapter 40. Hazy Memory

Getting up, I put my feet on the floor and wore my sweat pants. I glanced at the clock.

11.23 PM

Although it was almost midnight, I decided to take a snack. I went to the fridge to get my last tomato juice and went to the balcony for some fresh water, hoping it would clear up my hazy memory and calm my mind.

Once I was on the balcony, I leaned my back on the half-iron fence and took a sip of my tomato juice. I tilted my head to the side, looking at the academy building from the distance blankly. Even though there was nothing there, I needed something to focus my sight.

As the sour-sweet tomato juice filled my mouth, the night wind bit my skin, brushing my face and ruffling my hair. The temperature was a bit colder than usual and I was sure if I would catch a cold if I was a human. But that was all I needed to refresh my head.

Once again, I tried to remember what happened. But no matter how much I tried, what came to my mind was the pain that pierced my heart. Not physically but psychologically. I couldn't remember anything other than that and the mysterious succubus. And when I remembered about the gigantic demon, what I felt was extreme anger. But why? What crime did he do to me till I was so mad?

'Maybe I should ask dad,' I thought. I didn't know if he knew this or not, but maybe I could get a clue or something.

As my mind was lost in thoughts, I realized some movement from the park in front of the dorm. I turned and narrowed my eyes to find out, but I caught nothing. It could be a small animal or something. After all, I was on the 10th floor and rarely went to the balcony.

If it was Theo, I hoped he came directly to my room and saw Julia sleeping on my bed. No, I even didn't mind to fuck her in front of him just to break and tell him that she belonged to me now. I was sure his shocked face would be nice entertainment.

I retreated a couple of steps and hid my back behind the wall.

'Greed.' A tentacle came out of my back and turned into a mosquito. It flew in the direction of the movement to find out about it. Unfortunately, I didn't find anyone.

So I made a wider search. But what I found was only Evie and her friend who came out of the academy 24H convenience store. Shopping bags were in their hands.

As they walked towards their dorm, I could hear them talking about me. So I decided to follow them.

"I watched how he assisted Miss Julia. Although he is a combat doctor, he has a DPS' reflex and movement. Not to mention, he can detect danger faster than a tank. It was totally mind-blowing," said the brown ponytail girl excitedly.

"Yea. He is an unexpected guy. Sometimes he teaches us some new strategies that we haven't learned before. He can also manage the whole team well and deal with the boys' childish attitude," Evie giggled

The girl exhaled a long breath.

"After this incident, I wish the academy will let Dr. Allen teach the class. I mean, why is the academy wasting a pro combat doctor like him in the infirmary? Besides..." She turned to Evie and pouted.

"Why are you getting a good-looking mentor like him while what I got is a grumpy annoying guy?" she complained.

"Don't ask me. Let's just say that lady luck likes me more than you," replied Evie in a nonchalant tone. An annoying smile on her lips.

"It's unfair to monopolize a good-looking guy," she protested.

"I wish I was in your group," she sobbed in a lower voice.

"Sorry. We already have a lot of members. It's more than enough," Evie teased.

The girl pouted again. But then an annoying smirk appeared on her lips.

"Or... I can pretend to be sick and stay in the infirmary once in a while."

Evie frowned and shook her head from side to side.

"You know the academy's rules, right? They will cut our grades by half if you fake your illness."

"Haa... I forgot about that," the girl said in disappointment.

Since it was just girls' talk, I decided to investigate elsewhere. But I didn't find any suspicious people there.

"Azrael, what are you doing? You will catch a cold." Julia's voice came from behind me.

I turned to her and chuckled.

"Demons can't get sick, Julia." She was wearing her night robe.

"But you shouldn't go out half-naked like that." She gave me my shirt.

I took and wore it without buttoning it. My eyes fixed on her.

"Tell me. Have I met you before?" I couldn't hold my curiosity anymore.

She thought for a while before she shook her head from side to side.

"I don't think so. We never met before you came here."

"I mean like 100 or 200 years ago," I pointed out what I meant.

She answered me with a frown.

I smiled wryly.

"Sorry. I forgot humans don't live that long," I said regretfully.

A long breath escaped from her mouth. Her hand reached on my cheek and caressed it.

"Is something bothering you?" She made a random guess.

I closed my eyes in comfort.

"Yeah."

"Can you tell me what it is?"

Slowly, I opened my eyes and replaced my wry smile with a soft one.

"Just a blurry memory. Not a big deal."

"Then, why do you look sad?"

I exhaled softly and bent my head a bit.

"I don't know when it happened. I don't even remember the incident at all. Yet it hurt me," I wondered before I returned my gaze to her and looked into her eyes.

"It broke my heart. But I don't know why..."

"Are you sure it was a memory? Not a nightmare?" she made sure.

I shook my head from side to side and tilted my head towards the sky.

"The pain was too real."

She held my hand.

"Let's talk inside."

I nodded and went inside. I also called my tentacle since I didn't find anything.

After that, I spent the next hour chatting with her and working on our report. Yeah, we fell asleep just like that after we had sex so we haven't done that yet. For my memory... She couldn't do anything about it, but I was glad I had someone to share with.

94