Chapter 41. You Have to Pay me, Body or Soul
2.9k 2 89
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seven Sins System Chapter 41. You Have to Pay me, Body or Soul

The morning sunlight from the window woke me from my sleep.

'It's morning already?' I turned to check the clock.

06.03 AM

It was a little early since my work started by 08.00 AM but I usually woke up around this time so I could hit the gym, run at the park, or train at the training ground before I took the shower and went to work.

"Julia, wake up," I whispered. But when I turned to my side, she had gone. I only saw a note on my desk. When I read it, she said that she thanked me for letting her stay and decided to go back to her room early since she didn't bring her work clothes.

She also made my breakfast and lunch and left those on the kitchen counter. Which was save my time making sandwiches.

After I changed my clothes to simple shorts, a t-shirt, and running shoes, I went to the park to start my morning exercise.

Surprisingly, the park looked more crowded than usual. Several students joined me to jog. Some did some simple exercise or just sit on the bench and ate their breakfast. While some of the others did strange movements on small mats. If I remembered correctly, the mortals called it yoga.

'I wonder if the teachers asked the students to exercise more,' I thought. Usually, it was just me and one or two other people. At least not this much. So I was sure there was a good reason for this odd change.

After a couple of rounds and a lot of smiles to reply to the students' greetings, I took a bath and put on my work clothes before I left for the academy.

But unexpectedly, instead of Theo, it was Miss Katrina who was waiting for me in front of the infirmary.

"Morning, Dr. Allen. May we talk for a few minutes?" she greeted me with a smile.

"Sure." I opened the infirmary, turned on the light, and let her in. I bet this had something to do with yesterday's attack. As for what Julia and I were doing, there were no regulations about it. They didn't prohibit the relationship between mentors or teachers.

I put my bag on my desk.

"Do you want my report?" I asked without further ado. I opened my bag and looked for my report.

"You can put it on my desk before lunchtime," she replied.

Her answer made me turn to her and stopped my hands' movements.

"So what can I do to help you?"

A smirk appeared on her lips. She approached me in elegant steps. Her click-clack sound from her heels echoed in the infirmary.

"You can help me by giving me your blood," she said.

I took a deep breath.

"How about no?" A slight annoyance in the tone of my voice.

"A little bit is fine," she seduced.

"No," I retorted.

"A drop."

"Still no."

She stopped in front of me and folded her arms across her chest.

"Aren't you afraid I'll fire you?" she threatened.

I leaned the back of my waist casually on the side of my desk and folded my arms like her.

"Go ahead. I will gladly report you to the doctor association," I challenged.

"Tch. Fine, let's change the topic." She pulled a nearby seat and sat facing me.

"Let's get this straight, Dr. Allen. Are you not human? Or are you born with special talents?" she guessed.

I sat in my usual chair and furrowed my brows.

"Should I answer it? You tested me before I entered this academy. You know all my abilities and whatever I wrote on my resume is a truth."

"Indeed. But getting out of the monster horde unscathed is impossible. So I think..." She suddenly stood up and put her hands on my chair handles, locking me between her arms. Her face was in front of mine. Our eyes locked on each other as if we were two beasts who were ready to eat each other.

"You have extraordinary abilities. But you hid it from us. Or... You have special blood in your veins." Her tone sounds like a seduction.

I chuckled lightly.

"I know this is just another excuse so you can take my blood." Another smirk on my lips.

"Not really. But for me, getting out of that many monsters without a single wound is impossible." She looked calm despite my words.

I tilted my head a bit and raised one of my eyebrows.

"You mean... you'd rather I came back dying?" I asked.

"Not a single wound doesn't mean I expect you to be dying. A scratch here and there should be normal."

"I'm a doctor, Miss Katrina. The only things I can't heal are fatal wounds that require surgery, broken bones, and serious illnesses. If I can't treat them, that means I've reached my limit or I'm dying. Besides, I have a potion supply, remember?" I reasoned.

"But you didn't use any of that," she retorted.

"I told you, what we did yesterday was run and hide. There's no way Julia and I faced that many monsters," I explained.

A long breath escaped her mouth.

"Well, I can't say anything until I finished my investigation. Once I get the evidence, we'll talk again. After all--- If you kill them all,

You won't be able to remove those monsters' corpses easily. "This time I could pick up her threat from her tone.

My smirk widened.

"Then I can only say, good luck. We only killed a few of them so maybe you will be disappointed with that," I said confidently. She wouldn't get any of it since I had eaten almost all of them. I didn't even spare their bones.

"I see..." she purred.

She tilted her head and approached me before she inhaled the side of my neck deeply. Her breath tickled my skin.

"Just for information, Dr. Allen. This scent of blood of yours makes me impatient," she whispered.

Then she pulled her head and turned around.

"I'll be waiting for your report on my desk, Dr. Allen," she said as she walked away.

The fact that she wanted me to take it to her office when she could take it now, signified she still wanted to talk or maybe do something to me.

After she left the infirmary and closed the door, my smirk turned into an evil smile.

"If you're willing to make a contract with a devil like me, I don't mind it. But I only accept an equivalent trade. So, it's either your body or your soul," I muttered.

89