Chapter 42. A Devil and A Vampire
2.9k 2 87
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seven Sins System Chapter 42. A Devil and A Vampire

"What a fierce vampire." It was a complaint but my smile said another thing.

Miss Katrina reminded me of my servant. A vampire woman who fell in love with me during the war 300 years ago. The angels massacred her family. While mortals had not been able to accept the vampires' existence yet. So she took my side.

Unfortunately, at that time, I only thought of how I could win the war and I was mostly consumed by my Wrath power. So I completely ignored her feelings and only concentrated on the war. I didn't touch her and saw her only as my fighting tool. I didn't even know what her real name was, I called her 'Red' due to her hair color.

I exhaled a long breath and walked towards the door.

"It would be funny if she was Red's descendant," I joked to myself.

Thinking back, Red was the only vampire who had ever sucked my blood. I allowed it to save her. She was on the verge of death when I found her. Without blood, she would die. Since no one was there, I used my blood.

Judging by her appearance, I knew she was a warrior. So I thought she would be useful to me. And I was right, she fought well. All I needed to do was give her a little bit of my blood every night.

Unfortunately, we parted ways after the three realms' agreement. I could remember how sad she was when we parted. But a deal was a deal. She couldn't come with me either since she wasn't a demon. In the end, I gave her a good amount of jewels so she could build her own house. Jewels were nothing to me since I had a lot of them in my palace.

Somehow I regretted not bringing some before I came here. Well, my father didn't allow me to bring any of it either since this was a secret mission. I could create it with my high-level Devil's Craft. But I had to break all my seal tiers first before I could do it.

After locking the door, I turned to my room.

"Time to work." My tentacles popped out of my back and started checking the medical supply. As usual, I finished it in 5 minutes.

I unlocked the door and returned to my seat. My hand took my breakfast. Something made of egg with colorful pieces of vegetables. Since I ran out of tomato juice, I had to drop by the convenience store later.

As I popped the food into my mouth, I opened my system.

[Status]

[Name: Azrael Shadowraven de Nightfall ]

[Age: 523]

[Level 40] [Exp: 12.00%]

[Race: Royal Demon]

[Title: Lord of Wrath]

[Seal tier: 4]

[HP: 1380/1380] [DP: 1030/1030]

[ATK: 450]          [M.ATK: 450]

[SPD: 103]          [DEF: 103]

[Seven sins points]

[Wrath 80/1000]

[Lust 200/1000]

[Envy 0/1000]

[Gluttony 60/1000]

[Sloth 0/1000]

[Greed 60/1000]

[Pride 130/1000]

As for my quest points, I decided to buy my Portal skill. So I could hunt freely with it.

I closed my skill and gazed up at the sky from the window in front of me.

I had mixed feelings about yesterday's fight. On the one hand, I was glad that I had started getting some clues. On the other hand, I was so irritated that what the angels said was true. It was my kind who was trespassing into the mortal realm.

Guesses and speculations ran wildly across my head. Was the mastermind a criminal? Or my fellow seven sins lords who were trying to mess with the agreement? Unfortunately, without clear evidence, I could not draw any conclusions. Who knew it was someone else? After all, there could be other possibilities.

The clacking sound of the door opening and an indifferent greeting interrupted my reverie.

"Yahooo!" Barry greeted me cheerfully.

Which was followed by his two best friends.

"Sup' dude!" said Ion.

"Yo!" As usual, even with his indifferent greet, Darren still looked cool.

I replied to them with a flat stare.

"Is that how you greet your mentor?" I nagged.

They grinned innocently.

"Morning, Dr. Allen," they greeted politely.

"Morning," I replied with a smile.

"What brings you here?" I asked.

"We just want to ask about that crazy pala---" Barry held his tongue. His eyes were fixed on my breakfast.

"Guys! He's eating an omelet!" he shouted in shock. His index finger pointed at my food.

They came up to me, my food to be precise, and started analyzing it like a group of brainless scientists.

"It looks like an omelet," said Darren. His index finger tapped his lower lip. His brow furrowed and his eyes fixed on my food, showing how serious he was.

"And smell like one," added Ion, sniffing my food like a prehistoric tribe.

"And taste like---" Barry tried to steal a bite but I slapped his hand.

"That's mine. Make your own," I complained.

Barry pouted and tried to make a cute face. But I replied to him with a cringe.

"That won't work," I said.

He looked annoyed with my reply.

"Fine. Then tell me who gave it to you?" He tried to turn the conversation around.

"I place my bet on Claire," Darren said confidently.

Ion snapped his fingers.

"Evie. There's no way Claire can make such pretty food." He pointed to the omelet.

"Look at the vegetables. All neatly arranged like a flower."

I frowned at them.

"Why Claire and Evie? It could be me," I complained. Somehow it irritated me.

They laughed.

"You? That's even more shocking than yesterday's epic escape," Barry scoffed.

"That's impossible," Ion added.

'These annoying kids...' I gave them a flat stare.

Their laughter stopped upon my stare.

"Wait... Are you serious?" A trace of panic was in Barry's tone.

"I-Impossible..." said Ion in a stammering voice.

"You really cooked this by yourself?" added Darren in surprise.

I exhaled a long breath.

"It's Julia. Didn't I tell you that she was coming to my place?" I admitted.

They replied with shocked expressions.

87