Chapter 44. Three Hungry Boys
3.1k 1 90
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seven Sins System Chapter 44. Three Hungry Boys

"Claire," I called her.

And it brought her attention back to me.

"Yes?"

"Thank you for---" My words trailed off as I could feel an intense gaze from behind the curtain. I glanced at the boys and quickly caught their envious gazes.

"--- the lunch," I continued as I shifted my gaze to Claire, deciding to ignore them.

"I'll try to make a better one next time," she replied. I could see her determination in her eyes.

"Thank you. But I'm not a fan of food. Just concentrate on your mission and study. We have another mission in a few days, remember?" I quickly added. I didn't understand why it suddenly became a cooking competition.

"Besides, I prefer a strong woman over nice food," I stated.

Well, I had a lot of servants and maids at my palace. So food was not a problem for me. But for sure with my position, I needed a woman who could fight and serve me well.

I knew Claire had feelings for me, but I didn't know to what extent. If she wanted to become my succubus, she had to say that she was willing to be mine and give her loyalty to me.

I had no interest in making mortals my women without turning them into demons. They had a much shorter lifespan than mine. I didn't want to experience a broken heart for that stupid reason.

"I see..." Claire's face brightened.

"I'll work hard for it."

Just as the words left her mouth, another girl's voice came from the door's direction. It made us turn to it.

"Good morning, Dr---" Evie's words trailed off as did her steps. She was stunned by Claire and Fiona's presence. So were the others. From the lunchbox in Evie's hands, everyone could already tell what her intention was.

Curious, the boys peeked through the curtains' gaps to check what was going on before finally deciding to come out of their hiding place.

"Okay, I can't stand it anymore! This isn't fair!" protested Barry in envy.

"Why only him? There are three other hungry boys here, " Ion complained with a pout.

"Two hungry boys and one handsome hungry boy. You can give it to me and ignore the others," said Darren confidently. He flicked his bangs with his fingers and flashed a smile at the girls. Despite his cheesy line, he still looked cool.

I thought Evie would nag them, but I was wrong. She only took a deep breath before she walked over to Darren and handed him the lunch box.

"Here. For you," she said casually as if it was nothing.

"Huh? Are you serious?" Darren asked in disbelief. He took the lunch box in doubt. His confusion was evident on his face.

"Yes. I thought Dr. Allen would bring another sandwich so I made him some food. But he already got it from someone else."

Evie glanced at my bag on my desk, staring at my other lunch box.

"Even Miss Julia has made his lunch," she muttered. Then she returned her gaze to Darren and shrugged.

"I guess I will feed the hungry then. Don't forget to share it with Barry and Ion," she said in a nonchalant tone.

A grateful smile appeared on Darren's lips.

"Evie... You are our savior."

Again, Barry showed a different reaction.

"Hey, I'm not a beggar. I refuse to be equated with them. I have my dignity," he complained.

"Uh... You were the one who shouted the loudest," Ion sneered, giving Barry a condescending look.

"If you don't want it, that's okay. Darren and Ion can have it," Evie said with a pout.

"I never said I didn't want it. I only stated I'm not a beggar," Barry retorted quickly.

The others rolled their eyes to the side.

"Oh, if you bring food next time, just come directly to us. Dr. Allen said he prefers a strong woman to nice food," added Barry.

Evie turned to me.

"Really?" she asked in disbelief.

"He got me wrong. I don't mind if you bring me some food once in a while, but not every day," I said. Instead of the conversation, I paid attention to other things.

"I understand. I'll train more diligently then." Evie returned her gaze to the boys.

"Don't forget to return the box after lunch. And if one of your girlfriends finds out, that's your problem, not mine," she warned.

"Yes, ma'am!" the trio replied in unison.

While the others chatted around, my attention was on Evie. I even used my Analyze skill to check on her status. Indeed she looked innocent, I noticed she mentioned Julia even though no one had mentioned it to her before. She was not on Julia's team so she shouldn't know that much detail. Even Fiona didn't know it before I said the food was from her.

My mind went back to what I saw last midnight.

'Did she spy on me? But why?' I thought.

The problem was... What could she gain from spying on me from a distance like that? As for why she knew about Julia, she probably saw her sneak out of the male mentor dorm this morning or enter it last night.

'Wait... Doesn't that mean she's been spying on me since last night?'

Evie's voice brought my attention back to her.

"Sorry to bother you, Dr. Allen. I will excuse myself."

She just turned around and was about to leave, but I stopped her.

"Evie," I called her.

She turned to me.

"Yes?"

"Do you have spare time after today's training? I want to ask a few things," I asked.

"Sure," she replied with a smile.

"Later." Then she left.

"We also need to go. Our class is almost starting," Fiona reminded the others.

All of them glanced at the clock and realized what she said was true.

"Oh crap!" said Barry.

"We'll excuse ourselves," said Claire.

After I answered with a nod, they left. I finished my last two slices of omelet, tidied the box, and had a drink.

"Morning, Dr. Allen." A familiar male voice suddenly came from the door.

Without looking at him, I knew I had an unwanted guest.

90