Chapter 46. The Students’ Worries
2.6k 3 89
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seven Sins System Chapter 46. The Students' Worries

"Good. I will ask the chairwoman's permission," he hissed in displeasure before he removed his hand from me. "See you later, doctor," he said sarcastically. I could catch the wicked smile on his lips and his triumphant expression before he left the crowd. I had to admit his overconfidence was really something.

After he left, the students put down their phones.

While I tidied my shirt, especially my wrinkled collar.

"You should thank us for saving you," said Barry shamelessly. His smile showed how proud he was.

Ignoring Barry, Claire and Evie approached me. Their eyes observed me, making sure I was okay.

"Are you all right, doc?" Claire asked.

"I'm fine, Claire. I can heal myself, remember?" I reminded her.

Then I turned to Barry and the others.

"Thank you for your help, Barry. Everyone. But you don't have to do that next time. Don't get involved in my problems." Even though I was a bit irritated by their interruption, I knew they had good intentions.

"Seriously, what's wrong with that paladin? Why does he have to be mad over something he doesn't have?" Ion grunted in annoyance. Although the others didn't know why we were fighting, the trio could already guess the reason.

"He feels entitled and thinks the world only revolves around him," Darren said with a huff.

"Yeah, he's the sun, the moon, and the world. All people who oppose him will face their doom," Barry said with a sarcastic tone.

I let out a quiet chuckle at their words.

Claire turned to Barry and the others. A frown on her forehead. "That's not the problem now." She returned her gaze to me. "Why did you accept the duel? How can you deal with him? I mean you can't possibly beat a paladin." Her concern was evident in the tone of her voice.

"Don't worry. I have my way," I reassured her.

"But he's a paladin. His endurance and strength are way above yours," Evie said in the same worried tone.

"Not to mention his strong defense and stamina," Darren reminded.

"Moreover, you don't have any attacks against him," Barry added. They sounded serious.

I exhaled a long breath. "Should I repeat my words?" I answered in a calm tone. My smile showed my confidence.

I could understand their concern since no doctor could beat a paladin before and I couldn't say how I could do it.

Barry snapped his fingers. From his expression, he just understood something. A grin on his face. "You must have a trick to beat him, right?" he guessed.

"It's a duel, Barry. One vs one. If I use a trick, I will be disqualified and suspended from my job," I replied. All of this was on my employment contract.

Barry's face turned grim. "So..." He turned to Darren and Ion. "Should we help him?" he said in hesitation.

"That also will make me disqualified," I said before the others gave their replies.

"But---"

Before Claire could finish her words, I interrupted her. "I knew what to do. Just watch how I fight him later. Also---" I turned to the clock. "I think you should go back to your class now," I reminded them.

It made them turn to the clock.

"Oh crap! We are late!" Barry screamed in panic. Which was followed by the others.

Without a goodbye, all of them dispersed themselves accompanied by the sound of their noisy footsteps.

"Dr. Allen, we'll come and make sure it's a fair duel," said Claire.

"Thank you," I said.

After my answer, she ran to her class following the others.

After the door closed and they all left, an evil smirk appeared on my lips.

"You just got lucky, Theo. If it weren't for them, you'd be dead by now," I muttered. Well, I couldn't wait to embarrass him in the next duel.

I sat on my seat and folded my arms in front of my chest. My eyes fixed on the door. One of my tentacles came out of my back to put away the food boxes. "I wonder how long lady luck will protect you?"

-----

11. 16 AM

I walked down the white modern corridor to the principal room with the report in my hand. Lunch time was almost starting so I decided to submit my report to Katrina before I headed up for my duel.

Stopping at her office door, I threw a few knocks. A female voice came from within.

"Come in."

I opened the door and entered the room.

"Morning, Miss Katrina," I greeted.

"Morning, Dr. Allen. Take a seat," she answered without glancing at me.

She sat behind her large desk with a pile of documents by her side. Her hands moved nimbly on a laptop in front of her. An artificial blood juice box on her other side.

It reminded me of my work and the pile of documents on my desk. I didn't know what my father was doing to take care of all that. He even didn't let me explain what I was working on before he sent me here. Somehow I could understand why Ivy wanted to come with me to the mortal world.

The room itself was dominated by hazelnut color and was quite luxurious. Not as good as my office but the facilities were quite good. A set of elegant sofas with a nice coffee table and carpet welcomed me with a little coffee and tea table nearby. An almost empty mini tea rack on top of it, indicating that she had a lot of guests lately. She was a vampire, so she drank nothing but blood.

At the end of the room, an elegant large desk with a huge bookshelf behind it.

But there was one thing that surprised me. My eyes widened and my jaw dropped. I even stopped in front of it and stared at it in amazement. It was a huge painting on the side of that room.

89