Chapter 51. Unexpected
2.5k 0 90
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seven Sins System Chapter 51. Unexpected

We trod in a circling pattern and rolled up our sleeves. Just like me, he only wore a shirt and trousers.

Our eyes looked at each other in clear challenge.

"Weapons?" I asked.

"I don't need it. If you need one, just say it," he scoffed with a confident smirk.

"Well. I'm not a fan of weapons," I said in a casual tone. A confident smirk on my lips.

"Really? I saw how you fight and thought you're a good dagger user. Maybe you should consider using one." His ridicule was clear in his tone. I knew he looked down on me due to my profession and status.

"No, thank you. It will be an unfair battle if I use it." As my feet stepped, I used my Shadow Barrier skill several times in three different places.

"Fine." He stopped and took an attack stance. His wicked smile bloomed on his face.

"Then don't regret it," he scoffed before he stormed at me with his fist raised, ready to crush my head.

But instead of dodging, I used my Shadow Barrier one more time.

[A barrier has been formed.]

- Brak!

A loud banging sound echoed when his fist landed on my barrier. Our eyes locked with each other, staring fiercely from behind the transparent barrier in front of us.

Despite my counter, he was not batting an eye.

"Cheap trick," he hissed in displeasure.

I smirked.

"Really?" I scoffed. At the same time, I created another barrier on top of him and waved my hand, moving the rest of my barriers to surround him, trapping him in a transparent cuboid.

Realizing it was a trap, panic swept over him. He tried to find a way out and pushed it but the barrier was getting smaller. It even pushed him deeper.

He tried to escape from the top, but another barrier blocked his way.

Fists and kicks kept landing on my barrier, but I simply created another one before it was destroyed.

"What about now?" I said in a casual tone. My smile was getting wider.

It hadn't been a minute yet. I even hadn't moved from my position and only used a single harmless skill, my barrier. Yet everyone could see who would be the winner.

This was indeed a boring fight for me, but this would throw his pride deeper than the last tier of the hellish abyss. He was a paladin yet a doctor defeated him in less than a minute.

Cheers and applause came from all around me. They called my name loudly since this was the first time a combat doctor could defeat a paladin.

"Fuck you, Allen! Get me out of here and fight me like a real man!" he shouted angrily. His voice sounded like a mumble.

The barrier was only about a narrow coffin so he couldn't move. Although it looked harmless, the coffin was airtight. So it would kill him slowly.

"I am. Can't you see it? I'm fighting right now." From the tone of my voice, it was clear I was just playing around with him.

"Damn you!" he shouted. His hand hit my barrier repeatedly, trying to break it. But it didn't work.

I folded my arms in front of my chest and raised my chin a bit. An annoying smile on my lips.

"I know you can't kneel. Just admit your defeat, I'll let you go."

"In your dream, you shit!" he cursed. His anger was clear in his expression.

"Well." I slipped my hands into my trousers' pockets casually and exhaled.

"Then I will wait until you lose your consciousness."

He yelled in frustration and kept hitting my barrier over and over again. But I kept replacing it with the new one.

In just a few minutes, he was weakened and breathing heavily. Well, he kept moving around, so the air decreased faster than usual.

"I give up," he said weakly.

"Can you repeat it ?" I demanded. His voice was too small and his mouth barely moved. I was not sure the others heard it. After all, the arena was too crowded and there was no real referee here.

"I... Give up..." he repeated in a weak voice.

Based on his bracelet's status he was indeed at his limit and needed some air. Although I was not sure, I decided to let him go.

Besides, I couldn't kill him due to the stupid agreement. Also, I bet it was only about time for the other mentors and teachers to interfere with the duel and ask me to stop it.

On the other hand, if he lied, I could beat him easily without my skills.

[You have canceled your barriers!]

After my barriers disappeared, he gasped for some air and nearly fell to his knees, but somehow he managed to keep his balance.

I looked at him for a while, just to make sure he didn't want to fight me again.

"Do you still want to continue?" I made sure.

He gritted his teeth and lowered his head.

"No." Again, he answered me in a low voice.

"Okay." Seeing that he had lost his fighting spirit, I turned around and just took a couple of steps. But a second later, I could catch a movement from behind me.

'This shameless bastard...' I grumbled internally.

Without turning around, I simply shifted my head to the side, letting his fist pass over my shoulder. The wind from his movement told me how much his strength was.

I simply took the opportunity to punch his stomach with my elbow.

[You have hit a lizardman for 63 HP.]

"Ack!" he grunted in pain and staggered backward.

As he retreated, his hand deftly tried to grab my neck, but he missed. Instead, he only managed to pull my shirt off, ripping all my buttons apart, exposing my naked chest and abs.

Luckily, I had covered Julia's hickey with a bandage. I had a training session with my team this afternoon and we would be using the same changing room. If the boys saw my hickey, they would keep asking about it and they would end up neglecting their training.

Both of us retreated with our eyes staring at each other fiercely. But screams and applause from the audience seats startled us. It was much louder than before so both of us shifted our gaze to the screen out of curiosity.

90