Chapter 50. The Duel
2.6k 3 87
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seven Sins System Chapter 50. The Duel

A huge battle arena behind the Clourmity Academy's main building was already filled with people. The arena was shaped like a colosseum with thousands of seats around it. The students had filled the seats, as did some teachers and mentors. Crystals that projected what was going on floated to the four sides of the arena, ensuring that all of the audience could watch the battle before them clearly.

I walked down the corridor from one side of the arena, but I stopped near the entrance due to the fierce sunlight, just like how the divine light illuminated the hell hole.

Shifting my gaze to the sky, I could see the sun in the clear sky without a single cloud in my sight.

'Seriously, why did Theo choose this hour?' I grumbled internally.

Oh yeah, right. Because his goal was to embarrass me and there was nothing better than lunchtime. All students, teachers, and mentors would watch our duel for sure.

I decided to ignore the heat and turned my gaze to the arena. My jaw dropped either in amazement, shock, or both.

'For my father's sake! Why did they make this stupid duel like a gladiator death match?' I screamed internally in disbelief. All gladiator duels were a death match and this wasn't. I didn't understand why they were so excited about it.

"You know. I didn't expect this..." said Julia who was standing beside me. Her expression also showed the same thing.

"I mean, mortals don't always do this. It should be just a small duel."

I turned to her, showing my cringe.

"Let me guess. This is the first time a combat doctor has accepted a paladin's challenge?" I guessed.

She nodded slowly.

"I guess that's the main reason why they're curious about this duel."

I returned my gaze to the arena.

"I see... So some simply want to see him beat me." Well, I guessed the mortals lacked entertainment compared to the shadow realm so I could understand this. On the bright side, this duel would humiliate Theo for the rest of his life.

A chiming phone ringtone immediately turned her attention to the phone.

"Or maybe they just want to protect you and make sure this is a fair battle..." Julia muttered without taking her eyes off her phone.

"Look." Her hand raised the phone, showing live streaming on social media about what was happening in the arena. But rather than the video, I was more interested in the comments that keep scrolling underneath it.

"This is an unfair battle! How could they possibly permit it?"

"A combat doctor against a paladin? There's no way the doctor can win."

"Just keep your eyes open. The paladin could end his career! Or even his life!"

"The doctor surely has the guts to accept this challenge."

"I place my bet on the paladin. But I place my heart on the doctor. You are so brave, doc!"

I cringed and turned my gaze at Julia.

"I seriously have mixed feelings about the comments section. They are cheering on me, but they don't expect me to win."

"Exactly. But they don't want Theo to do something bad that could ruin your career as a combat doctor. Isn't that great?" She cheered me up.

A wry smile on my face.

"Yeah. That should be a good thing." Except for the fact I was the one who wanted to do that to him. But I couldn't do that since it was not only just a regular internal match, it had become public consumption and I didn't know who was watching this live stream.

A shout from the arena drew my attention to him.

"Today, I will show to all of you that truth will always win! The light will always shine on the brave one and the wicked one will lose!" shouted Theo who was already standing in the middle of the arena. Both his hands lifted gracefully as if the sun was his huge spotlight

I cringed.

"Ew... He should have picked up a better line," I muttered. Also why did he act like a hero and I was the demon lord? Well, on second thought, he was right. Except for the fact that he acted more like a thug than a hero.

"Actually... That's his favorite line," said Julia with an awkward smile.

"He needs to change that," I complained.

He pointed at me and looked at me menacingly.

"Allen, what are you waiting for?! Get in here and settle everything between us!" he challenged.

"That's my sign, I guess," I thought they would be calling my name like a formal match. His challenge triggered my side quest to beat him in exchange for quest points and EXP.

I took off my white coat and gave it to Julia before I walked into the middle of the arena.

The breeze and the sunshine greeted my face and hair. Shouts and Goodluck came from all over the arena as I set my feet into it. That made Theo even angrier. Still, the sunlight irritated me. They should make an indoor arena rather than an outdoor one.

I stopped five meters in front of him.

"So what're the rules?"

He raised his hand, showing me a black bracelet device in his hand. The same bracelet was on his other wrist.

That black bracelet looked similar to a digital watch with the user's status on the screen. Like HP, MP, stamina, and heart rate. It was connected to the screen so everyone could see our status clearly. The mortals called it the HP bracelet. That was a device that students usually wear for training.

He threw it at me and I caught it.

"The one who hits below 50% first or faints will be the loser. Do you agree?" he said.

"Deal." I used the bracelet without any complaints.

An orchestra of disappointment and shock reverberated throughout the arena as soon as the screen displayed my status. Since I covered my original status with my Fake Status skill, what they saw, I was only half his level and power.

He let out a mocking chuckle, thinking he had secured his victory.

"Also you can give up if you don't want to continue. Just kneel. I'll let you go," he sneered.

But I still looked calm.

"Same goes for you," I said with a smirk.

87