Chapter 52. This Is A Duel, Not A…
2.5k 1 91
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seven Sins System Chapter 52. This Is A Duel, Not A…

'Seriously, what's wrong with mortals?' I thought. I cringed so hard internally to the point I struggled to maintain my composure when I shifted my gaze to one of the projector crystals.

They zoomed in on me. Okay, they zoomed my naked torso and my face to be precise . The sweat from the heat covered my body as if it were covered by a thin layer of oil. The breeze swept over my body, ruffled my hair, and made my shirt sway.

I could hear them calling my name, cheering at me as if I was a hero. And judging by their voices, most of them were girls.

"Dr. Allen! Dr. Allen! Dr. Allen!"

"Oh my God! He's so hot!"

"Look at those abs!"

Correction, they were cheering at me as if I was a stripper. Not a hero.

'For my father's sake! It's only a fucking abs, not boobies! This is a duel, not a strip show!' I complained internally. But somehow I could keep my cool.

"Right, we should continue our fight." Theo's voice made me turn to him and realize he was taking off his shirt.

I held my cringe as best as I could. A frown on my forehead.

"Why did you suddenly take off your clothes?" I asked spontaneously.

He tossed his shirt to the side and raised his chin a bit, showing his arrogant expression clearly.

"It's a bit hot here," he said as he made some gym poses to show off his muscles.

I knew he just wanted to show off.

Still... 'What the hell?! This is a fucking duel!'

The crystal projection was fixed on him, showing him on the big screen. Once he realized he was getting the attention, Theo posed more eagerly.

Unfortunately, the audience's screams and applause were not as loud as before.

I looked at him with a flat stare and took a deep breath.

"This is more tiring than an ordinary duel," I muttered. I wondered if this was a normal thing for mortals. If this happened in the shadow realm, Theo would have lost his life long ago.

"Theo, I still have work to do. Let's settle this!" I shouted. My hand slicked my hair backward. I raised my head a bit, showing my devilish smirk at him.

My shouts were greeted by cheers and applause from the others. The girls' screams grew louder and louder. I could even hear one of them clearly.

"Kyaaa~~! Daddy! I want you, Daddy!!!"

Quickly, I looked at the projector and realized it had come back to me.

'Seriously?! Why do they scream every time I do something? Is this normal? Why has this never happened in my training session before? Wait... Why do they never scream to Darren?' The question about the mortals kept running in my head. But I decided to ignore it and concentrate on my fight.

The shouts and cheers managed to stop his stupid pose and made him take his attack stance.

"You asshole," he hissed in displeasure. Yeah, he was mad and thought I stole his spotlight, again.

Angrily, he threw a jab at me. I quickly dodged to the side and caught his arm. At the same time, I turned around and slammed him to the ground.

Although my body was not as big as him, I knew mortals could throw a bigger opponent with certain techniques. Luckily, I wrote that I could do a few martial arts in my resume. So they wouldn't suspect me.

[You have thrown a lizardman for 34 HP.]

Yeah, I controlled my strength so it wouldn't kill him. That way his HP decreased normally. If I used my normal strength, he would splat in one throw.

The cheering and applause echoed as soon as Theo landed on the ground.

Theo, who looked shocked, got up to his feet and launched another punch.

Again, I shifted my body to the side to avoid it. Then I quickly grabbed his head with my hands and banged it to my knee.

[You have hit a lizardman for 34 HP.]

As Theo staggered backward, I kicked the side of his head.

[You have kicked a lizardman for 65 HP.]

Theo fell and was breathing heavily. His blood flowed from the corner of his lips. His face was red, either in anger or embarrassment since this fight was going to one side even though I was a combat doctor. Worse, I managed to knock him down twice even though he was a paladin.

I gave him another devilish smirk. Even though I didn't say a word, my gaze had said my mockery clearly. 'Is all that you got?'

A second later, he came back to his feet and threw a high kick at me. I retreated a couple of steps to dodge it, but he spun around and kicked me again. This time, I caught his leg, pulled him, and punched his neck.

*Cough* *Cough* *Cough*

Theo coughed.

[You have hit a lizardman for 63 HP.]

Before he could fight back, I grabbed his neck and slammed his back against the ground.

[You have hit a lizardman for 54 HP.]

[Your opponent has lost consciousness.]

The impact on his head knocked him out even though his HP was still more than 50%. I retreated to distance myself from him, showing the others that he couldn't continue the duel anymore.

[Congratulations! You have completed the side quest!]

[You have earned 1 quest point]

[Your Sloth point has gone up by 50]

[50/1000 Sloth]

Seeing Theo who didn't move from the ground, cheers and applause resounded from the audience seats. They competed to shout my name, hoping for my attention. I was sure 'Pride' and 'Envy' would be so jealous if they saw this.

I smirked proudly and raised my hand to end this duel before I turned around and walked toward Julia who was already waiting for me.

But a female voice from the speaker stopped me. It was Katrina's voice.

"Congratulations on your victory, Dr. Allen. Please don't forget to bring Theo to the infirmary."

Spontaneously, I turned around. My smirk faded in an instant. My jaw dropped.

'Are you kidding me?!' I screamed internally.

91