Chapter 56. Crowded Training Ground
2.6k 2 81
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seven Sins System Chapter 56. Crowded Training Ground

After that, as usual, I finished my shift and went for training. This time I was not only teaching my team but also teaching Fiona a thing or two since Julia's team was using the same arena.

Oddly, the arena was unusually filled with more people today. There were at least four other teams here while there should only be me and Julia's team. They came one by one and used the arena without permission. But apart from Julia and me, the others' mentors weren't present.

Indeed the students could practice independently outside of their training schedule, but they usually took up empty or unused arenas. Not like this.

Besides, based on today's schedule, Julia and I were the ones who were using this arena. It seemed my duel had attracted the students. So they decided to take a peek at how I handled my team.

"Go!" I used my Devil's Blessing on my team before they charged a level 55 hologram bull monster.

Upon my command, our team's tank, Claire, made her first attack. Followed by Ion and Barry as melee DPS. Then long-ranged attacks by Darren and Evie.

When Darren and Evie's attacks landed on the monster, Claire used the impact as an opportunity to retreat in another direction. Likewise with Ion and Barry.

Due to the attack, the monster's attention was shifted to me and long-range DPS. While the smoke covered the melee DPS' presence.

"Attack his other side," I ordered.

I, Evie, and Darren moved in the opposite direction, scattering to confuse the monster.

This time, it was Ion and Barry who attacked the monster's back. They landed clean hits and drastically reduced the monster's HP.

As soon as the monster's attention turned to them, it was Darren and Evie's turn to launch their arrow and fire spell.

With a barrage of attacks, the monster didn't stand a chance. When he was dying, Claire finished him off with one fatal thrust on his heart.

The hologram shattered into pieces, replaced by a large screen to congratulate us.

"Oh my God... We did it..." Barry muttered in disbelief.

"It's level 55 and we beat it!" he screamed in a higher voice. A happy smile graced his lips.

Which was followed by the other members' cheers. Even Claire, who was usually cool, laughed happily along with them.

They used to use Hammer and Anvil* tactics, but I knew that tactics couldn't be used on high-level monsters. Claire and Barry wouldn't be able to withstand the attack for too long and it would only put their lives at risk. So I combined it with Hit and Run* tactics.

That way, they had prepared to face a high level monster, in case they had no choice.

Actually, I also wanted to teach them Guerrilla tactics. It would be very useful if we encountered this kind of monster in the forest. After all, they moved into small groups. Unfortunately, this arena was the same with an open field so we couldn't use it here.

Our victory caught the other students' attention. Rather than real training, they mostly spent their time watching us. I knew some of them came just to see me up close and the others just wanted to watch how I fought. Luckily, no one could bring their phones here due to the rules.

They were surprised since the level 55 hologram was usually used for the fourth semester's final test. Their whispers began to fill the arena, but none of them dared to approach me since I was still on my training schedule.

In contrast to my team, Team Julia faced a little difficulty with a level 40 hologram monster. Fiona was too afraid to make a move, so she only acted by Julia's command and tailed her mentor wherever she moved.

Indeed, following the strongest member in the group was a good strategy, but it would limit their movements. In addition, the tank would lose his confidence since he was not sure the healer was ready to support him or not.

"Fiona! Just put your concentration on the tank's HP and team support. Let the DPS deal the damage. Retreat to DPS if another monster approaches you! You will become a burden if you keep following them," I shouted.

It was a harsh suggestion but the way she fought kinda pissed me off. I hated a burden since it reminded me of my pathetic old self. The useless crown prince of the shadow realm. Also, I was the head of the military in the shadow realm now. So seeing this kind of thing triggered me a lot.

As soon as she heard me, her movements changed. She looked for a safe place and began to focus her skills on supporting the tank. So the DPS could attack more freely, especially Julia.

In less than a minute, they could turn things around and win the battle.

Cheers rang out as soon as the hologram shattered. It was their first win for a level 40 monster. Although it looked simple, it was something to be proud of since level 40 hologram monsters were usually used for the third-semester test.

In the middle of that small happy celebration, Julia and I exchanged glances.

"Thank you." She moved her lips without making a sound.

Which I answered with a smile.

After seeing how my solution could help Julia's team, the other students approached me and I knew what they wanted.

Notes:

*Hammer and anvil is a military tactic involving the use of two primary forces, one to pin down an enemy, and the other to smash or defeat the opponent with an encirclement maneuver.

*Hit-and-run tactics are a tactical doctrine of using short surprise attacks, withdrawing before the enemy can respond in force, and constantly maneuvering to avoid full engagement with the enemy.

*Guerrilla tactics are usually carried out by small groups of combatants, such as paramilitary personnel, armed civilians, or irregulars, using military tactics including ambushes, sabotage, and raids.

Author notes:

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters (currently up to ch 101) Visit My Patreon-page

Join my discord server https://discord.gg/dWeZYYv for more images.

Don't forget to vote ~

Love you guys~ XOXO

81