Chapter 65. Investigation
2.3k 2 80
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seven Sins System Chapter 65. Investigation

*Ring!*

What I was waiting for finally came. Quickly, I picked up the phone. Since this wasn't a video call, I could guess this would be a serious conversation.

"That holy summoning formation and angel when did you encounter them?" he said before I could say a word. His seriousness was clear in his tone. So different from when he called me last time.

"Just now. I immediately reported it to you after I returned to my room," I replied.

"Bloody hell! I knew this had something to do with them!" he hissed in anger.

A frown on my forehead.

"You already know this all along?" I asked.

"That's just my guess and I'm not sure about it. So I'm not saying a word," he replied.

"Does this have anything to do with what the queen said at the last meeting?" I guessed. I knew the rest of the meeting and most of the discussion when we talked about it calmly, or not, since the meeting was full of yelling and shouting, and… ultimate skills. But I could remember everything clearly, including our stupid blabbering. So what was left was the conversation between the queen and my dad.

"Yes," he admitted. "That's why I spend a lot of time with her. I tried to dig for more information about it. But that old hag didn't give me any of it. "

"What did she say?" I asked curiously.

"Not much. She only said both of us should deal with it with a cool head and see all of this with a bigger picture. She said it after Chastity couldn't answer your question. So I'm guessing they must be involved in something about this. But I don't know what," he explained.

A short silence followed as we were both deep in thought

"Dad… do you think they are using us?" I broke the silence between us. That was just my random thoughts since the angels didn't say everything honestly.

"Maybe. But I think it's not a bad way. Except for the fact that they are trying to throw all the crime at us, of course. I think they also encountered the same problem and didn't know how to solve it," he replied.

A heavy exhale followed.

"Unfortunately, they brought up the previous war again and I didn't want another war," he admitted.

His statement about the war piqued my curiosity.

"I don't understand. I think your power has not changed much and the border's energy is still fine, why are you afraid of the war?" I blurted out.

I could feel it yet he kept telling me that he was weakened so we had to prevent another war. He simply said an obvious lie in front of me, but the way he said it and his actions showed that he was serious. Whatever the reason, he didn't want another war.

I knew he was a prideful devil and not a coward. I could say he was a bit ruthless before the last war. But somehow, that war changed him. He even accepted the angel's deal, even though we hadn't reached the end of the war yet.

"Oh, c'mon. I'm getting older ya know? Also, I bet the war will be boring and consume my power like the last time," he replied with a nonchalant tone.

"But it was you who suggested the last war. And it was me who fought for you. You only appeared a few times to show off," I reminded him.

"Okay. For the last time, Azrael. Enough for that talk. I've already said I'm weakened and I don't want to put the shadow realm in danger. I know you can't feel it, but I can. So, can we concentrate on our main problem?" he said in an emphatic tone.

A long exhale came out of my mouth as I swallowed my curiosity and question.

"Fine," I said even though I wasn't satisfied with what he said.

"So have you found anything about my first clue? Like the others' involvement maybe?" I continued my question.

"I'm still investigating them. But I'm not sure it's one of them. Even if some of them are annoying, they are loyal to me," he stated. Although he sounded overconfident, what he said was true.

Aside from the light and dark agreement, the lords were bound by another agreement. It forced them to give their allegiance to the king's family and prevent them from killing or betraying one another. The only lord who wasn't given his loyalty was only me since I'm his son.

Besides, I only took the Lord of Wrath status since that position was vacant for a long time. That 500 years ago calamity took the former Lord of Wrath's life and he didn't have a child to take over his authority, so someone had to take his responsibility. After all, everyone agreed that I was suitable for the position after seeing how I led the last war.

"They could have ordered their subjects to do it and keep their hands clean," I replied. But that possibility was thin. And the only possible culprit was him, the demon king himself. Still, I couldn't say my accusation since I didn't know his motive and didn't have any clue.

On the other hand, he could also think that I was the one who betrayed him for the same reason. I was the only lord who didn't give my allegiance to him.

"Perhaps. We'll see what this investigation's outcome will be," he replied.

"Have you investigated Lily?" I asked. Lily Glystia de Nightfall. That was my sister's name. Even though she looked reckless and liked playing around, who knew?

"I did. And I didn't find anything. So she is clean. I have also investigated you from the start and I know you are just as clueless as I am. That's why sending you on this important task," he blurted out his accusations as if it was nothing.

I knew I was supposed to be offended by that, but since I thought the same thing as him, I couldn't say my complaint.

"You know. I also thought the same thing especially after all of these clues. I thought you were the culprit," I blurted out my accusation.

He laughed upon my statement.

"That's my son! I know you will think the same as me," he said happily. "But unfortunately we are in the same position. It's just, you can't investigate me for now, so I can't prove it to you," he added in a much calm tone.

I rolled my eyes to the side.

'True…' But then something crossed my mind. It was my nightmare and my weird memory. Although I was not sure this had anything to do with it, I decided to ask him.

Author note:

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters (currently up to ch 109) Visit My Patreon-page

Join my discord server for more images.

Like it? Add it to your collection XD

Don't forget to vote ~

Love you guys~ XOXO

80