Chapter 69. All Bark No bite
2.2k 9 81
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seven Sins System Chapter 69. All Bark No bite

Theo stood with his back leaning to the side of the entrance. His hands were folded in front of his chest and his eyes were fixed on the entrance. I was not sure Julia would notice his presence.

Instead of getting angry or annoyed, I slowed down my steps and walked to him with a devilish smirk on my face. I was surprised, after all the shame, he didn't give up. So I was wondering if he was a masochist.

'Maybe, that's why he's after Julia. He thinks Julia can do this and that with her whip on him,' I thought. My chuckles almost escaped upon that thought.

"Waiting for Julia again, huh?" I guessed in a mocking tone and stood by his side, leaning my back on the wall. He didn't bat an eye upon my arrival and decided to ignore me.

"I thought the duel has settled everything between us and Julia," I reminded that shameless lizardman in a casual tone.

"This is a public place, Allen," he reminded me before he glanced at me in displeasure. "For Julia or not, I don't have any obligation to tell you. I have my own reasons why I'm here."

I nodded repeatedly. "You're right. I can't stop you. It's just that I have to remind you, that you shouldn't bother Julia again. Isn't that why you challenged me?"

"As I said, I have my own reasons. I didn't come for her," he reasoned.

"Oh, so you are dating another mentor now. Congratulations," I said cheerfully. Still, the trace of a mocking tone was clear in my voice. I decided to follow his game. I was sure he was not waiting for Rachel since the student had a separate dorm.

He turned his head and frowned at me.

"I'm not. You just want to pissed me off, don't you?" he said displeased.

"Shouldn't that be for you?" I returned his words and smiled innocently.

But a second later, my smile faded. "You are literally stalking her. Stop being a simp, Theo. And get someone who likes you." The tone of my voice turned serious.

He gritted his teeth and glared at me.

"Don't get too cocky just because you have won one duel," he warned me.

I held my laugh.

"Pfft! You still think that I won because I got lucky, right?" I made a bullseye guess.

"I don't mind that. But I'm sure, deep inside you, you already know that it's not luck," I continued after my laughter faded.

He distanced his back away from the wall and turned his body at me as he lowered his hands and clenched them into fists.

"You must be hiding something. From our level, it's clear you're below me and you're a support class, how could you hit me like a DPS? I'm sure you've used nasty tricks to beat me, haven't you?!" he started raising his voice.

To be honest, I only used a bit of my strength. Around the same power as a mortal with my current level. Well, maybe a little more, but a Combat Doctor had a support skill to increase his attack. So I could use that excuse. But my key to victory was because I aimed at his weak points. It was my battle experience that made me win.

Katrina also seemed to be aware of my strategy. That was why she didn't say anything. But I didn't want to tell him anything and make him suffer because of it.

Upon his statement I realized something.

'Ah, that's why he sent Rachel to spy on me,' I thought.

I shrugged nonchalantly.

"Maybe something called skills and experience?" I smirked annoyingly.

He snorted arrogantly in response.

"Skills? Experience? Oh, c'mon did you think I'd buy that? Don't make me laugh," he sneered.

"Well, believe it or not. It's up to you," I said lightly.

Julia's voice that came from behind him interrupted our conversation.

"What are you doing here?" she said in displeasure.

A simple natural color blouse with jeans covering her body. A white purse in her hand. It matched my casual style outfit. A simple collared shirt, cardigan, and jeans. It was Julia who suggested this outfit to make sure we didn't end up like yesterday.

But instead of answering, Theo just stared at Julia with a red face. I bet he was blown away by her appearance. So I decided to break up his daydream.

I took off my cardigan and placed it on her shoulders affectionately. Then with both my hands, I squeezed her shoulders gently.

She held one of my hands in reply.

"We were only talking about our duel," I said. That gesture was enough to tell him that she was mine.

She glanced at me before she returned her gaze to him.

"Then why here? Why didn't you talk elsewhere?" she asked.

I returned my gaze at him and gave him an annoying smirk.

"Well, he doesn't want me to be late for our dinner," I told an obvious lie for fun. It was a clear sarcasm for Theo.

In displeasure, Theo pointed his index finger at my face and gritted his teeth again.

"Next time... I will crush you next time," he threatened before he turned and left.

"Take a rest, Theo. Don't push yourself," I half shouted cheerfully. Yeah, that was another mockery.

"I'm surprised you have that much patience," said Julia out of the blue.

I showed her my frown and dry smile.

"Oh please. That's an insult. You shouldn't say that to me. I'm just waiting for the right time to get rid of him. Besides---" I returned my gaze to him, staring at his back which was getting further away. "I want him to suffer more," I continued.

A long exhale came out of her mouth.

"That's so typical of you."

"Enough. I'm the devil so no more complaints." I decided to end it and held out my hand to her. "Shall we go now?"

She nodded and took my hand.

Author note:

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters (currently up to ch 113) Visit My Patreon-page

Join my discord server for more images.

Like it? Add it to your collection XD

Don't forget to vote ~

Love you guys~ XOXO

81