Chapter 108. Morning Call II
1.6k 8 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Seven Sins System Chapter 108. Morning Call II
As per my expectation, that question silenced him.
“Dad… I know you're hiding something,” I insisted.
But his next answer was unexpected.
“Some things should remain unspoken, Azrael…” I could sense the pain and bitterness in his tone. I was sure it was a genuine one, but it also felt like a lie. I couldn't let this pass without doing anything about it. The stakes were too high to just leave them be.
I took a deep breath a couple of times before I spoke again.
"You sent me for this secret mission, yet you still hide information from me." My disappointment was clear from the tone of my voice.
"It isn't because I don't want to tell you, but I can't. This is classified information about The Ancient Demon. At the end of calamity, I have sworn not to tell this to anyone… I can't break my own oath,” he said in regret and bitterness.
Despite his tone of voice and emotion, I answered him with a simple counter.
“I don't see the point of the oath now. Especially since you said this mortal is trying to resurrect That Ancient Demon.”
Again, it silenced him. Yeah, it was a checkmate.
I knew he was just looking for an excuse. It irritated me since he was the one who sent me to this realm without my consent, but I didn't have full access to all the information I needed. There was nothing worse than that.
After a long useless silence, I decided to change my strategy.
"Fine. If you don't want to say it, I'll use my own way to handle it," I threatened. And it was not just an empty bluff. I did not hesitate to do that.
That threat was enough to make him panic.
"Azrael, you know the consequences if you violate the peace agreement," he reminded me.
"Don't worry. I wouldn't go that far. I'm just gonna look for this asshole and get his brains out. I'm sure what he's hiding must have something to do with you," I stated without hesitation. My tone was full of serious threats.
It made him panic even more.
“Wait, wait, wait! That's the same as killing him," he said quickly.
Realizing he misunderstood my words, I spoke again.
"I mean I'll read his mind," I straightened my words since he took my words directly.
"Huh?" He made a stupid sound. "You can do it?" he asked in confusion.
I couldn't help but drop my jaw at his words.
“Ugh, for my fath---” I pressed my lips since he is my dad. “For devil's sake! I have that power from the seven sins seed you gave, remember?” I reminded him. It was he who gave me that seed yet he forgot it.
"Really?" he asked in disbelief. Which was followed by a short pause. I bet he was deep in thought.
“Oh!!! You're right! That's Envy!” he said once he remembered it. “You know I wouldn't do it if I were you. I'm not sure he knows much anyway," he added. Again, it made him sound like he was covering something up.
"Why? I won't know what happened until I check it out. Who knows he knows more than you." I ended it with a threat.
“Khu… Fine. I'll say it. I can't believe my own flesh and blood did this to me." His complaint sounded like a whine. If I didn't see how scary when he fought or how scary he was in his serious mode, maybe I wouldn't believe that he is the king of the shadow realm.
"So?" I asked him to continue his explanation.
He took a deep breath. In an instant, his voice turned serious.
“500 years ago, the Ancient Demon didn't just mess around in the shadow realm. He also messed up in the mortal realm. Not many know about it since he managed to kill all the witnesses and destroy where he went. Well--- I'm sure there were one or two mortals who saw it and recorded it in a book or something. Since he has an unusual form, I was sure the mortals would think that we were the one who sent him. And since you were the main leader in the war 300 years ago, they probably thought you were the one who could summon that creature,” he gave a long explanation.
A frown appeared on my forehead.
"Just because of that?" I asked in disbelief.
"Yeah. What else did you expect?" he asked.
This time it was the question that silenced me. I didn't know what I was expecting, but that explanation sounded-- odd. Something was missing here, something wasn't right, but I didn't know what it was. That reason sounded too simple for all that had happened.
"I don't know. But that doesn't sound right,” I admitted bluntly.
"Uh, hello? You were born with tentacles and that is a weird thing for mortals,” he reminded me. Well, he was right. It even was an unusual thing for demons. While in the mortal realm, only the Kraken had tentacles and the shape wasn't like mine.
“Still, that doesn't explain why they think that they can summon the Ancient Demon through me,” I stated.
But my dad added his guess again.
“And you can summon the legendary demons, remember?” he reminded me. "Maybe they think, The Ancient Demon is one of those demons," he analyzed.
Indeed, it made sense. No, there was a high possibility for that. Moreover, I once summoned the legendary demon in the mortal realm to help me face the angels. But somehow I felt something was stuck in my heart. Something that said that was not the cause.
“Take a rest from the mission for a while, Azrael. It seems all this mystery has confused you. I shouldn't push you too hard," he spoke again. Without waiting for my answer, he continued his words.
“I have to go now. Just report what you find to me. Bye."

Author Note :

Dun forget to check out my Patreon and vote~

>$1 a month = 50 chapters ahead of TIS
28 chapters ahead of DKH & 1 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update
Total =79 chapters+ weekly update

>$3 a month = 76 chapters ahead of TIS + 4 weekly update
76 chapters ahead of DKH & 5 chapters ahead of DM + 2 weekly update
Total=157 chapters+8 weekly update

>$6 a month = 81 chapters ahead of TIS + 4 weekly update + 42 Extra R18 chapters
78 chapters ahead of DKH & 7 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update
Total=208 chapters+8 weekly update

>$10 a month = 96 chapters ahead of TIS + 4 weekly update + 53 Extra R18 chapters +R18 ASMR
81 chapters ahead of DKH & 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update
52 chapters ahead of SSS +4 weekly update
Total=292 chapters+12 weekly update

>$15 a month = 161 chapters ahead of TIS + 5 weekly update + 53 Extra R18 chapters + access to all R18 ASMR +R18 poll R18 scene
81 chapter ahead of DKH & 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update
52 chapters ahead of SSS +4 weekly update
357 chapters+13 weekly update

>$20 a month = all the benefits+ access to all R18 ASMR +R18 poll R18 scene +R18 poll ASMR

My Patreon-page

My ko-fi page

My Discord

Thank you for reading!
Don't forget to click ❤️

55