Chapter 109. Morning Call III
1.6k 4 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Seven Sins System Chapter 109. Morning Call III
He hung the phone up and I was about to put it in my drawer with my tentacle when my other phone's ringtone message sounded. I glanced at the clock.
05.03 AM
'It's still early, I wonder if it's Julia,' I thought. After I put down the phone, my tentacle took my other phone and brought it closer.
But once I checked my screen, I realized my guess was wrong. 'Huh? Miss Katrina?’ I quickly opened her message and read it.
Katrina: Please come to my office before your morning shift starts. I want to talk about today's mission.
I quickly typed my reply.
Me: Okay.
Due to the short notice, I quickly messaged Julia that I had to go to Katrina's office first before seeing her. In the worst case, I had to postpone our meeting.
Me: Morning, Julia. Miss Katrina asked me to meet her at her office before my morning shift. I don't think I can meet you this morning. How about lunchtime?
Waiting for her answer, I put the phone on my bed table side and dropped myself on the bed again. My eyes stared at my room ceiling. I knew I would oversleep if I went back to sleep but it was too early to wake up so I put my mind on something else. Mostly about what my dad just said.
Even though I managed to make him spill the beans, somehow I felt like he was covered up something. I could sense the oddity but I couldn't pinpoint what it was and it pissed me off…
'I wonder if the queen of the goddess has said something to him.' My mind started to make wild guesses. But something made him have to keep this a secret from me. It made me think about finding out who the spy from the light realm was. He/she may have some clues.
Yeah, even though I should have kept my identity hidden from him/her, the angels were having the same problem as us. So they shouldn't be blaming only the demons for all this mess. But then I realized something.
“What if… was he/she the one who caused this mess?” I muttered. Only an immortal like the devils and angels could alter the summoning formation. A mere mortal would not be able to do it since it had to do with the border energy flow. So it could be that angel was causing this mess but he/she pretended to be the problem solver to avoid suspicion.
In other words, if I couldn't find the culprit, I could find clues from that angel. Or maybe, he/she was the culprit. The question was I also didn't know where he/she was.
A long exhale came out of my mouth before I turned around. Wherever I went and however much evidence I found, all I got were new questions. Somehow I felt like everyone was covering up the truth and that irritated me a lot. I wanted to be angry.
There was bitterness in my heart, but I didn't know where to vent it. It was a mixture of curiosity and impatience. My heart screamed that I wanted to know the truth.
Now!
But how?
I took a couple of deep breaths to calm myself down. I knew I couldn't do anything about it as long as I didn't have enough clues.
‘Maybe a bit of exercise will make me feel better…’ I tried to distract myself and find something else to do. Especially since Julia didn't reply to my messages at all. I thought of visiting her if she woke up, but sadly she didn't.
I got up from the bed and put on my training clothes as usual before I went down and jogged around the park accompanied by the dim morning sunlight. I chose a longer route than usual to kill time. It took me past the academy, but there were no students on their way to classes. It was more empty and peaceful than usual. Still, it couldn't get rid of the cloud covering my mind.
Fifteen minutes had passed, and I decided to stop and do a little stretching on the side. As I moved my arms and body, my eyes stared at the dim sky which slowly turned bright. Then, I closed my eyes and felt the light morning breeze brushing my face and brushing my hair. It reminded me of the first time I came to this realm for my mission. My very first experience as a mere mortal while I usually behave as I should. The prince of the shadow realm.
‘I miss my palace…’ That thought crossed my head. I missed hanging out with the other lords, my wine pool, the dark atmosphere of the shadow realm, and Ivy. Maybe, that was what the mortal used to call homesick. I had never experienced it since I was always busy.
Stopping my movement, I opened my eyes, staring at the sunlight in the sky. As the devil, I usually hated the light, but somehow I got used to it. Likewise with the mortals. Before I always looked down on them, seeing them as pathetic and lowly creatures, but after staying here for a while I started to change my mind.
'I wonder if the mortal realm has changed me.'
As the sun was getting higher, the students and mentors who came to the park were getting more and more. I started to feel their gazes coming from all directions as if I were the main attraction of that park. Some immediately greeted me once I caught them. While the others simply look the other way. But for sure, I could feel some people taking my photo secretly with their phones. I bet the fanfic had made me more famous than ever. I feel like a celebrity.
‘Heh, mortals…’ I scoffed internally.
Feeling uncomfortable, I decided to continue my morning jog before I returned to my dorm.

Author note:

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters currently up to ch 163 Visit My Patreon-page

Join my discord server for more images.

Like it? Add it to your collection XD

Don't forget to vote ~

Love you guys~ XOXO

54