Chapter 116. Three Cups of Drink
1.7k 4 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Seven Sins System Chapter 116. Three Cups of Drink
Once we arrived at the cafeteria, we immediately went to the counter to order drinks. There weren't many people there since the students mostly went to class right away or preferred to spend their breakfast in their room. So that cafeteria was almost empty. Only a few people were sitting down to spend their mornings, drinking coffee or working on their laptops. Most of them were mentors or teachers.
“Morning, Dr. Allen. It's fancy to see you here," the cashier greeted me with a smile. He had never greeted me before since I rarely went to the cafeteria. So, I assumed the duel had made him remember my face and my name.
"Yeah. I want something different to get through my morning," I replied.
He glanced at Julia.
"It is unusual," he said in a teasing tone. A smile on his lips said he was referring to our presence since we never appeared together in the cafeteria.
He returned his gaze to me.
"Are you ready to order?" he asked politely.
I turned to Julia, asking her to say what she wanted.
“Two Iced Americanos, please,” she ordered.
Then I returned my gaze to the cashier.
“And a hot Green Tea,” I added.
“Three cups?” the cashier made sure since there were only two of us.
“Three cups,” I clarified.
"Okay," he said. His hands quickly moved to the keyboard to enter our order.
“So you got tired of tomato juice?” he asked without stopping his hands' movements. His eyes shifted from the keyboard to the screen.
I frowned and tilted my head a bit.
“How do you know it?” I asked in curiosity or surprise to be precise since I had never spoken to him before.
He smiled wryly.
“Some students asked us to add fresh tomato juice to our menu after they watched the duel. They guess tomato juice is something that can boost their strength. Especially healers and mages. So, our manager decided to add it to our menu next week. The ingredients are easy to get, so why not?” he explained in a casual tone.
I couldn't hold back my cringe.
‘His manager surely knows how to make money from these kids,’ I admitted.
"Where did they get such an assumption?" I asked.
He shrugged without taking his eyes off me.
“This is a battle academy after all and that duel has shocked everyone,” he made a random statement.
I exhaled tiredly.
"Right," I admitted. I didn't know what to say since that simple duel has really brought me a lot of trouble.
He turned to me.
“That will be 5 Creds,” he smiled, deciding to end our conversation.
“Do you accept virtual payments?” I asked. Which he answered by showing the barcode.
I took out my phone and scanned the barcode to pay for it with my virtual account before I put it back.
"Thank you. Please wait for your order,” he said.
We turned around and sat in the empty seats nearby.
“Should I transfer the money to you? Or cash?” asked Julia.
“Nah, you already made my lunch. It's only small money after all," I told her.
"But you still depend on your salary in this realm and last time you also treated me," she reminded me.
"It's only temporary. After I get my power back, I can create gold out of stone again.” And I couldn't wait for it. I just needed to level up my Devil Craft.
She cringed upon my statement.
“Um… I think it's illegal,” she said doubtfully.
I frowned.
“It's real gold and it won't turn into stone anymore. Why is it illegal?”
“You need a certificate to sell gold. And you can't use gold to pay for anything like in medieval times. Even if you take it to a gold shop, without a certificate they will assume you stole it from the mine,” she gave me a long explanation.
"What?" I said in shock. "That's unfair!" I complained.
“Even the black market only pays a third of the price of non certificate gold or jewelry.”
"That's..." I pressed my lips. "I can't accept these stupid rules," I issued another complaint. I couldn't imagine that I had to struggle financially while I was in this realm just because the mortals didn't receive my gold.
“I will just use my Hypnosis then,” I mumbled. ' Or use my Envy tentacles if I have to.' I just needed to change their memory a bit then they would give me the money. Well, I could even do it without gold so in an emergency case, I would use it.
"That's literally a crime," she replied with a flat stare.
“Sounds like something that the devil usually does,” I said in a nonchalant tone.
The chime of her phone ringtone stopped our conversation. She took her phone and checked it.
"Oh, it's from Wyen. He said he'd meet me at the cafeteria."
“Great. You don't have to go anywhere then," I said.
Just as the words came out of my mouth, a voice from the counter made us turn to look at him.
“Coffee for Dr. Allen and Miss Julia!”
As if on cue, we stood up and approached the counter.
"Thanks," I said, taking my Green tea. While Julia took the rest.
“I think I should go back now. I need to put this bag,” I pointed to my bag which was on my shoulder with my chin. "Later."
I walked to the exit. But my eyes could see how Julia sat back on our previous seats, thanks to my Greed tentacles.
As I moved my legs to walk down the corridor while sipping my Green Tea, I saw a hazelnut-haired man around my age with a typical Clourmity uniform. From the status above his head, I knew he was my target. A smile on his lips showed how happy he was.
We passed each other without a glance. As he walked away, a smirk appeared on my lips.
“I think I will make you spend more time at the infirmary, Mr. Wyen,” I muttered.

Author note:

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/535517/seven-sins-system/

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters currently up to ch 171 Visit My Patreon-page

Join my discord server for more images.

Like it? Add it to your collection XD

Don't forget to vote ~

Love you guys~ XOXO

52