Chapter 126. Chaotic Mission III
1.2k 4 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Seven Sins System Chapter 126. Chaotic Mission III
Just as those words left my mouth, an explosive sound that echoed throughout the forest interrupted our conversation.
- Boom!
Spontaneously, all of us turned to the origin of the voice. Surprisingly no thick smoke was seen, only screams followed.
“Sounds like a big problem,” blurted Team 5's mentor, and I agreed with that. I was sure it was bigger than what Team 5 just experienced. So as usual I sent my bird shaped Greed tentacles to check it out.
But before I got a clear vision from them, a male voice came from our communication devices. From the clear background sound, I believed he was the operator.
“Drone one has crashed. Team, report your status! I repeat, report your status!” he demanded.
I brought my device near to my mouth.
“Team 08, all safe,” I reported.
“Team 05, all safe,” team 5's mentor reported.
We could hear one by one reporting on their status except for two teams.
“Team 03 and 04, report your status!” the operators tried to call them.
No answer.
“Team 03 and 04, do you copy?” the operator tried to call them once again.
This time what we heard were only indistinct murmurs mixed with noises and screams. I wasn't surprised by it since the two teams were in a mess more than team 5. My tentacles had arrived at their place so I could see what was going on.
Some of them were minor injuries. Some were quite severe to the point their legs or arms were covered in blood. Some of their devices were damaged or thrown away by the explosion's impact while others were too busy to fight off the three Beetle shaped monsters. Their size was about two-story buses. Their shape was the same as a giant dung beetle with three tails that resembled Scorpio's behind them. They were level 40 monsters, so that was bad news for both teams since running away from the battlefield was the same as leaving their wounded friends to die.
Those monsters attacked them ferociously and the combat doctors couldn't help the injured or take their wounded friends to safety.
'That's so messed up,' I thought. The question was, I had checked around this place and previously I saw those monsters hibernating peacefully. That's why I didn't bother them. They were underground so the two teams couldn't bother them either, but the fact that they looked angry confused me. Besides that, I could also see a strange thin smoke coming out of the hole near them. The beetle didn't have any skill that emitted that smoke and the mages from the two teams were injured so they couldn't cast their skill. I wondered if this was the culprit's doing.
I brought my device near to my mouth once again.
"Team 03 and 04 are near our position. Team 08 is asking for permission to check," I decided to make my move. Judging from the movement of the ground around the holes I was sure there were still several other beetles moving closer to that location, so I turned my Greed tentacles into worm monsters and fought the rest of them underground.
"Request granted," replied the operator.
“Copy that,” I replied.
“Team 05 also is asking permission to join Team 08,” Team 5's mentor decided to help me.
"Request granted."
Without further ado, we rushed to help. When we arrived, their situation was more chaotic than when we found Team 5.
Unexpectedly, Theo and his team arrived earlier than us. Bravely, he jumped in front of one of the monsters and swung his sword at it.
"Don't worry. I will save you!” he shouted. His team immediately backed him up. Still, with that many monsters and injured people, he couldn't protect all of them.
“Where did they come from?!” said team 5's mentor in surprise. Yeah, I also wanted to ask a similar thing. But my question was why did they suddenly wake up?
Unlike the previous situation, all the monsters and students were separated from each other. Since I couldn't use the same method, I decided to use another method.
“Evie, use Freeze on the smallest one!” I ordered, pointing at the target. That monster was the furthest from the others, so her skill shouldn't hurt the others. After all, Freeze was different from the previous skill area. It was a single-target skill that was used to freeze the enemy's body for a while. It wasn't as deadly as her previous skill but enough to freeze the monster's body.
Without answering, she carried out my orders. The magic formation once again glowed under her feet, but this time, it wasn't as big as the previous formation so her cast time was quicker.
"Move!" she ordered. The students who were near the monster quickly fled.
She moved her hand forward. A stream of ice rushed at that monster and froze the monster. But since that monster was above their level, she could only freeze its feet.
At the same time, I cast my Barrier on the wounded ones. It was the first aid in urgent cases since they had trouble finding a safe place.
“Split into two groups! Claire, Ion, and Darren to the frozen beetle. Barry and Evie to the big one,” I ordered them. Yeah, in urgent cases like this, the mentor was allowed to take over the team leader's duties.
All of them followed my orders, except Barry.
"But what about you?" he asked worriedly. Since I sent all my DPS, it meant no one to protect me.
"I will support you while healing the others," I said in a firm tone. "Now, go!"
With a heavy heart, Barry ran into the battlefield.
"My team will back Theo's team," said Team 5's mentor.
"Thank you." Yep, that was the best choice since I didn't want to help him whatsoever.
Without another word, they rushed into the battlefield. In the middle of that chaos, I walked into the middle of it and used my Dark Healing to heal everyone and my Devil's Blessing so they could quickly join the fight.
'Too bad I can't use my tentacles or I can take care of this easily,' I thought.

Author note:

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/535517/seven-sins-system/

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters currently up to ch 183 Visit My Patreon-page

Join my discord server for more images.

Like it? Add it to your collection XD

Don't forget to vote ~

Love you guys~ XOXO

49